Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 

My god

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: My god   Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:15 am

DoctorOlly wrote:
a1cmustangpilot wrote:

That's not even the half of it. I hated my freshmen year to begin with, then that class that I had, that singular idiotic class... it just made it worse. It was the one and only class that I became a bonafide teacher's pet for the fact that a majority of the class were just hyper-active, immature, idiots who refused to pay attention and would rather talk about pointless stuff.

I have a real interest in geography and earth science in general, and the very last thing I wanted to hear all period was the stupid fangirl club gushing all the time about NSync and how they want to marry them and have their children, etc., etc. It became so bad that our teacher had to stop the lecture and told them to just get it out of their system so we could continue. That was a class that I seriously wish we had our Drill Sergeants from basic training there. Put them in the leaning rest!
~

I know how you feel. Last year, my history teacher was off for quite a few weeks and we had a supply teacher (I don't know what you'd call it in America), and he couldn't and wouldn't control the class and they were worse than usual. It's a wonder how I even managed to get a C for history with that class... Rolling Eyes

Ah, I think here that would be substitute teacher. Eh, it's amazing what we can do. I feel bad for teachers these days. Kids are so obnoxious. They feel entitled to everything and parents refuse to actually discipline them, thinking that it's better to be their friend than a parent. So the child grows up not knowing boundaries, and then parents wonder why their kids get into so much trouble. Well... if parents would be parents...
~
Back to top Go down
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: My god   Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:29 am

Ronpur wrote:
The Castellan wrote:
You gotta read about the glass structures and the robot head on the moon, the disco ball-shaped moon of Saturn's moon of Iapetus (which also has a 12 mile by 12 mile wall going around the equator), and the structures in Saturn's rings! Hoagland talked all about that recently.

Has he ever discussed Apollo 20? The secret USAF/USSR moon mission to a crashed alien spaceship on the moon?

Its on youtube, but looks like a hoax to me..

Truth is stranger than fiction. I feel there are two space programs.
1: The public, fake one. Where we use primitive chemical rockets and clunkers like the space shuttle and jokes like the ISS, and using flawed Newtonian and Einsteinian physics, just to keep the public thinking all is good.

2: The REAL space program. In addition to some of the UFO's being from other worlds, some of them are ours, though made through back engineering alien tech acquired from crashes. And the way they move, against mainstream physics, those ships do NOT run on unleaded. And the fact NASA seems so incompetent, we're being lied to. But thy can't hide forever, and they are already getting more and more sloppy at hiding stuff....and people are waking up slowly, but steadily.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: My god   Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:07 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
The 2nd Doctor Roberts

Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-07-21

PostSubject: Re: My god   Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:23 am

Anyone want to get back to worshipping Matt Smith as a god? Craig Ferguson just called him his favorite nerd.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: My god   Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:26 am

The 2nd Doctor Roberts wrote:
Anyone want to get back to worshipping Matt Smith as a god? Craig Ferguson just called him his favorite nerd.

Oh yes, Craig Ferguson just said that he was his favourite nerd! We should all bow now!

Ahhh no. Even more reason to say "no". I keep my interests in check so they never become my obsession. My passion relates to the people of Africa and the Middle East/Central Asia as well as storytelling. But it's whatever, ya'll can have a celebrity as your worship, your idol, your obession and passion...
~
Back to top Go down
rdks

PostSubject: Re: My god   Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:29 am

Craig Ferguson just called him his favorite nerd.
I saw Robert Downey Jr on that show a few months ago and Craig mentioned Doctor Who. Downey said he keeps hearing about it and had no idea what it was and asked if it was any good. Ferguson said something like "no, not anymore". Laughing He said he watched it as a kid and loved it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: My god   Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:51 am

Nice.
Back to top Go down
The 2nd Doctor Roberts

Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-07-21

PostSubject: Re: My god   Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:59 am

Yeah, Craig Ferguson seems to be more of a casual fan now. Before Comic-Con (I think it was when he had Stan Lee on) he talked about how he'd like to go to the convention to discuss the things he likes but implied that he was put off by the intensity of the fandom he'd encounter there..."Doctor Who" was the example he used (it was something like "I'd say 'I like 'Doctor Who' but I'd get 'Yes, but which Doctor?'...")

Also, to be more specific about what I reported earlier: he didn't single out Matt Smith as his favorite nerd, he said "Doctor Who" was. I just naturally presumed he had Smith in mind when he said it. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: My god   Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:57 am

Yeah, Craig Ferguson seems to be more of a casual fan now. Before Comic-Con (I think it was when he had Stan Lee on) he talked about how he'd like to go to the convention to discuss the things he likes but implied that he was put off by the intensity of the fandom he'd encounter there..."Doctor Who" was the example he used (it was something like "I'd say 'I like 'Doctor Who' but I'd get 'Yes, but which Doctor?'...")

Also, to be more specific about what I reported earlier: he didn't single out Matt Smith as his favorite nerd, he said "Doctor Who" was. I just naturally presumed he had Smith in mind when he said it. Twisted Evil

You know, I have found that only when you establish which Doctor you like are you allowed to actually speak of Doctor Who with most places that talk about DW. And if you don't like the same Doctor, or like one that others don't like, it can be brutal. I don't blame Craig Ferguson for his thoughts about the fandom. It is intense. In fact, my first intro to the fandom was through Matt Smith coming into the show, however, apparently, in order to be a true fan, you had to hate David Tennant and worship Matt Smith.
~
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My god   Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:38 am

I'd rather worship Matt Smith. cheers Razz Razz Razz * Insert bowing smiley.* Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6854
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: My god   Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:26 am

a1cmustangpilot wrote:
In fact, my first intro to the fandom was through Matt Smith coming into the show, however, apparently, in order to be a true fan, you had to hate David Tennant and worship Matt Smith.
~
I disagree with the sentiments that some fans give that you gotta hate David Tennant to appreciate Matt Smith. They're both actors who were hired to play a character, both offering (in my opinion) very enjoyable takes on the role. I just may have enjoyed Matt Smith's run (so far) a bit more because, unlike Tennant's, I actually got to see it episodically, instead of watching it on DVD over the course of a couple months.

I really think Matt Smith would be disturbed at the idea of being worshiped. Unless he'd think it's cute for fan girls to do...
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: My god   Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:49 am

jaredofmo wrote:
a1cmustangpilot wrote:
In fact, my first intro to the fandom was through Matt Smith coming into the show, however, apparently, in order to be a true fan, you had to hate David Tennant and worship Matt Smith.
~
I disagree with the sentiments that some fans give that you gotta hate David Tennant to appreciate Matt Smith. They're both actors who were hired to play a character, both offering (in my opinion) very enjoyable takes on the role. I just may have enjoyed Matt Smith's run (so far) a bit more because, unlike Tennant's, I actually got to see it episodically, instead of watching it on DVD over the course of a couple months.

I really think Matt Smith would be disturbed at the idea of being worshiped. Unless he'd think it's cute for fan girls to do...

Same here. It doesn't make you anymore of a fan (or any less) if you still like the previous Doctor. We all have our favourites, so why on earth it should matter on which one is beyond me. But some people are just like that. But then again, some just like to argue for the sake of drama.

~
Back to top Go down
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9504
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: My god   Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:06 am

I sooo disagree with hating any Doctor!!!! I have yet to find a Doctor I do not enjoy.

"Splendid chaps, all of them!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: My god   Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:37 am

rdks wrote:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Invisible Supreme

Number of posts : 2141
Registration date : 2010-03-16

PostSubject: Re: My god   Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:37 am

Ronpur wrote:
I sooo disagree with hating any Doctor!!!! I have yet to find a Doctor I do not enjoy.

I agree, And I find it a little bit sad that Colin Baker was fired, He didn't get his fair share of episodes, like Sylvester McCoy. Whoever did it wasn't thinking about the regeneration scene at the end of Colins run, so they put a wig on Sylvester.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DoctorOlly

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2007-09-01

PostSubject: Re: My god   Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:28 pm

Invisible Supreme wrote:
Ronpur wrote:

I agree, And I find it a little bit sad that Colin Baker was fired, He didn't get his fair share of episodes, like Sylvester McCoy. Whoever did it wasn't thinking about the regeneration scene at the end of Colins run, so they put a wig on Sylvester.

I think I may be one of the rare type of fans that actually don't mind the Colin Baker era. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rdks

PostSubject: Re: My god   Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:42 pm

DoctorOlly wrote:
I think I may be one of the rare type of fans that actually don't mind the Colin Baker era. Embarassed
Not a big fan of his TV episodes but I'm really enjoying his latest audios with Jamie and Zoe. Great stuff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DoctorOlly

PostSubject: Re: My god   Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:46 pm

rdks wrote:
DoctorOlly wrote:
Not a big fan of his TV episodes but I'm really enjoying his latest audios with Jamie and Zoe. Great stuff.

Haven't gotten round to listening to his audios. I might try and listen to The Apocalypse Element tonight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rdks

PostSubject: Re: My god   Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:53 pm

Awesome story (and part of the Time War mythos!), but I had trouble listening to it the first few times I tried. I just couldn't "see" the scenes in my mind - which I need in order to enjoy the audios. In the end I loved it. The Daleks are brutally evil in this one!

2 animated clips from the story:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcF5VhOtp18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CYnJuv1XdI
Back to top Go down
View user profile
neogeo

Number of posts : 2159
Registration date : 2010-08-18

PostSubject: Re: My god   Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:56 pm

Ronpur wrote:

Same here. Each actor brings a new look physically and temperamentally to the character. I remember watching Tom regenerate and not being keen on Peter for several episodes, but in the end I found i liked the young guy who always looked like his dream vacation had turned into a typhoon-laced headache. Likewise when PBS began showing Jon's episodes, at the same time Peter was premiering if I remember right, and after I'd watched Tom for a couple years, it was a triple-whammy for me--three doctors, so many different takes on him, but I liked it. Sometimes you just have to go with the flow and see where the ride takes you. My nieces (4 & 12) both loved David, but they love Matt just as much.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DoctorOlly

PostSubject: Re: My god   Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:02 pm

rdks wrote:
Awesome story (and part of the Time War mythos!), but I had trouble listening to it the first few times I tried. I just couldn't "see" the scenes in my mind - which I need in order to enjoy the audios. In the end I loved it. The Daleks are brutally evil in this one!

2 animated clips from the story:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcF5VhOtp18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CYnJuv1XdI

Aaah, good, I'll definitely start tonight.

And I've been watching a few of the animations based on Big Finish audios, some of them are amazing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Castellan

PostSubject: Re: My god   Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:16 pm

rdks wrote:

~Sighs~ THIS is what I mean by what I keep getting ANYTIME I try discussing this stuff on a forum. Mad No
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rdks

PostSubject: Re: My god   Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:53 pm

The Castellan wrote:
~Sighs~ THIS is what I mean by what I keep getting ANYTIME I try discussing this stuff on a forum. Mad No
Just having a bit of fun, no disrespect intended. Believe what you want, and I'll support your right to do so.

"Question everything. The mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work unless it's open"
Frank Zappa

I do think you're completely bonkers, though. But in a good way. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Benam

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2010-08-25

PostSubject: Re: My god   Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:56 pm

TheDoctor88 wrote:
Insert bowing smiley.* Very Happy

Whatever you say...

Benam
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Castellan

PostSubject: Re: My god   Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:20 pm

rdks wrote:
The Castellan wrote:
Just having a bit of fun, no disrespect intended. Believe what you want, and I'll support your right to do so.

"Question everything. The mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work unless it's open"
Frank Zappa

I do think you're completely bonkers, though. But in a good way. Wink

But believe me, I get that a lot. When diving into these topics, you get hounded on big time by the other folks, especially if all they do with their lives is guzzle beer, drive SUV's, and watch reality TV. So....think of it as like a 'Nam vet getting into a panic attack or something should he see something that reminds him of that time in the front, that's the best way to describe it. elephant
Back to top Go down
View user profile

My god
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: