Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store

Share | 

My god

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9511
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: My god   Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:44 pm

As long as you don't start sending personal items, weird emails or sitting out in front of his flat in Cardif..........................
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: My god   Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:45 pm

Ronpur wrote:
As long as you don't start sending personal items, weird emails or sitting out in front of his flat in Cardif..........................

In all fairness... in my freshmen year of highschool I had the misfortune of sharing a class with three girls who were outright obsessed with NSync so much that it makes all the stuff that I have seen with fangirls seem like distant admiration.

I mean... it was pretty... odd.

We're talking, garbage rooting, chip-saving, eyelash fawning scariness.

~
Back to top Go down
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: My god   Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:49 pm

And it can be dangerous for those obsessed. My friends daughters were in love with some boy band years ago. And they were convinced they were receiving email from them. These creeps pretending to be the singers, had them convince they were in love with these kids. Who knows who was on the other end of those emails and what may have happened to these kids if they had tried to meet these "stars".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DoctorOlly

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2007-09-01

PostSubject: Re: My god   Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:50 pm

a1cmustangpilot wrote:
Ronpur wrote:

In all fairness... in my freshmen year of highschool I had the misfortune of sharing a class with three girls who were outright obsessed with NSync so much that it makes all the stuff that I have seen with fangirls seem like distant admiration.

~

That's definitely when obsession goes too far... Way too far. affraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: My god   Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:52 pm

I mean yeah. I would LOVE to meet Matt. But I'm not that bad. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nuggan

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2010-07-04

PostSubject: Re: My god   Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:54 pm

Ronpur wrote:
Never discuss religion or politics on a forum....or in real life!

Whelp, that's me out....my favorite two topics. Laughing

And, no, I don't have many friends.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: My god   Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:56 pm

Ronpur wrote:
And it can be dangerous for those obsessed. My friends daughters were in love with some boy band years ago. And they were convinced they were receiving email from them. These creeps pretending to be the singers, had them convince they were in love with these kids. Who knows who was on the other end of those emails and what may have happened to these kids if they had tried to meet these "stars".

I feel really bad for them. You got these girls, thinking that the emails were legit, and all those yoyos were doing was stringing them along. That makes me feel really bad for the girls, because they wound up having the awful truth revealed to them and having their hearts broken, then having to deal with the fact that they actually believed it. I always try to take things with a grain of salt in regards to celebrities for that simple fact. That's why I do not let admiration ever cross over into obsession. For one, obession like that is unhealthy and two, it's really unnecessary when there are other things going on in life, but that's just me.

It's hard to trust anyone online. There's been so many stories recently in the newspapers about moms posing as their children or as a new child, to find out information about their child, or meddle in affairs. That's why I take online stuff seriously. I don't like seeing people get hurt, and having had plenty of lessons given to me the hard way, I don't want others to suffer the same fate.
~
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My god   Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:57 pm

Nuggan wrote:
Ronpur wrote:

Feel free to discuss either with me. Just don't ask me to discuss the state of Palestine because that one, I don't even talk about with my closest of friends. It's not that I can't, I simply won't.
~
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My god   Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:00 pm

DoctorOlly wrote:
a1cmustangpilot wrote:
Ronpur wrote:

~

That's not even the half of it. I hated my freshmen year to begin with, then that class that I had, that singular idiotic class... it just made it worse. It was the one and only class that I became a bonafide teacher's pet for the fact that a majority of the class were just hyper-active, immature, idiots who refused to pay attention and would rather talk about pointless stuff.

I have a real interest in geography and earth science in general, and the very last thing I wanted to hear all period was the stupid fangirl club gushing all the time about NSync and how they want to marry them and have their children, etc., etc. It became so bad that our teacher had to stop the lecture and told them to just get it out of their system so we could continue. That was a class that I seriously wish we had our Drill Sergeants from basic training there. Put them in the leaning rest!
~
Back to top Go down
DoctorOlly

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2007-09-01

PostSubject: Re: My god   Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:27 pm

a1cmustangpilot wrote:
DoctorOlly wrote:
a1cmustangpilot wrote:
Ronpur wrote:

~

That's not even the half of it. I hated my freshmen year to begin with, then that class that I had, that singular idiotic class... it just made it worse. It was the one and only class that I became a bonafide teacher's pet for the fact that a majority of the class were just hyper-active, immature, idiots who refused to pay attention and would rather talk about pointless stuff.

I have a real interest in geography and earth science in general, and the very last thing I wanted to hear all period was the stupid fangirl club gushing all the time about NSync and how they want to marry them and have their children, etc., etc. It became so bad that our teacher had to stop the lecture and told them to just get it out of their system so we could continue. That was a class that I seriously wish we had our Drill Sergeants from basic training there. Put them in the leaning rest!
~

I know how you feel. Last year, my history teacher was off for quite a few weeks and we had a supply teacher (I don't know what you'd call it in America), and he couldn't and wouldn't control the class and they were worse than usual. It's a wonder how I even managed to get a C for history with that class... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: My god   Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:01 pm

Nuggan wrote:
Ronpur wrote:

Welcome to the club.

Seems forums and real life hate it when one discusses the paranormal as well, for some reason.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: My god   Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:36 pm

The Castellan wrote:
Nuggan wrote:
Ronpur wrote:

Welcome to the club.

Seems forums and real life hate it when one discusses the paranormal as well, for some reason.

I love the paranormal. cheers
Back to top Go down
Nuggan

PostSubject: Re: My god   Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:45 pm

a1cmustangpilot wrote:
Nuggan wrote:
Ronpur wrote:

Feel free to discuss either with me. Just don't ask me to discuss the state of Palestine because that one, I don't even talk about with my closest of friends. It's not that I can't, I simply won't.
~

I have a friend that lived in Jerusalem for a time, it's REALLY interesting to hear her experiences firsthand.

I'm extreme on both of the other topics....NOT real popular in many places real or electronic. bom
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6854
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: My god   Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:50 pm

I bet if Matt Smith saw that photo, he'd either laugh his butt off or feel deeply disturbed...
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: My god   Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:56 pm

jaredofmo wrote:
I bet if Matt Smith saw that photo, he'd either laugh his butt off or feel deeply disturbed...

I bet He'd like it. Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
The Castellan

PostSubject: Re: My god   Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:10 pm

TheDoctor88 wrote:
The Castellan wrote:
Nuggan wrote:
Ronpur wrote:

Welcome to the club.

I love the paranormal. cheers

Your coolness factor has just shop up several fold. afro George Noory fan?

And I'll wear a fez to show my appreciation.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: My god   Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:12 pm

Seriously, I get chills sometimes driving home when I hear Noory!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Castellan

PostSubject: Re: My god   Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:25 pm

Ronpur wrote:
Seriously, I get chills sometimes driving home when I hear Noory!!

Why's that? I love the show, and think it's one of the few shoes out there with some real meaning and intelligence. Other radio shows have drunken DJ's talking about Sandra Bullock's domestic issues, or Gary Colmen's corpse; or right wing lunatics talking about the Patriot Act and the Iraq Wars are good things. Or the trash we call Reality Television.

I think Noory's show is a breathe of fresh air, and where one can actually use their brains. Him, along with Richard C. Hoagland, and the like are folks with real answers to real topics.

heck, classic Doctor Who and Star Trek actually delved into a lot of the topics spoken on Coast to Coast. afro
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nuggan

PostSubject: Re: My god   Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:44 pm

The Castellan wrote:

I miss Art Bell. Sad

I can't hear this song : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Akyx5iu_z8Y

Without hearing Art's voice in my head say:

"From the high desert and the great American southwest, I bid you all good evening or good morning as the case may be..."

Richard C. Hoagland, is always a hoot to listen to. I loved listening to this guy too, really freaky stuff David Oates http://www.reversespeech.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: My god   Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:57 pm

Its good chills, the kind I like to get!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Castellan

PostSubject: Re: My god   Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:01 pm

Nuggan wrote:
The Castellan wrote:

I miss Art Bell. Sad

"From the high desert and the great American southwest, I bid you all good evening or good morning as the case may be..."

Richard C. Hoagland, is always a hoot to listen to. I loved listening to this guy too, really freaky stuff David Oates http://www.reversespeech.com/

Shocked I love you
I like how you think. You might like Wilcox, too.
Oh, later, we GOTTA chat. It would be nice to chat to someone and NOT having "Go back to your tinfoil covered room!" or "Shut up, Kool-Aid drinker!" be spouted. alien

Oh, and Art does some shows, still. He sometimes takes over for George from time to time, and there's Art Bell repeats on Saturday nights before the evening's Coast show begins.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nuggan

PostSubject: Re: My god   Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:34 pm

The Castellan wrote:
Nuggan wrote:
The Castellan wrote:

I miss Art Bell. Sad

Shocked I love you
I like how you think. You might like Wilcox, too.
Oh, later, we GOTTA chat. It would be nice to chat to someone and NOT having "Go back to your tinfoil covered room!" or "Shut up, Kool-Aid drinker!" be spouted. alien

Oh, and Art does some shows, still. He sometimes takes over for George from time to time, and there's Art Bell repeats on Saturday nights before the evening's Coast show begins.

LOL, I've got kids and a job now. And I'm OLD(er) I can't stay up all night anymore. It kills me.

Just don't make me listen to the Hole to heck thing or whatever. No way. I'd be up all night for months praying endless rosaries and novenas.

I love the bits about HARP. Oh and Hoagland's Face on Mars.

We dearly loved listening to Fr. Malachai Martin.

I even have Art's book "The Quickening" around here somewhere...

I don't do much of that stuff anymore.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Castellan

PostSubject: Re: My god   Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:41 pm

You gotta read about the glass structures and the robot head on the moon, the disco ball-shaped moon of Saturn's moon of Iapetus (which also has a 12 mile by 12 mile wall going around the equator), and the structures in Saturn's rings! Hoagland talked all about that recently.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: My god   Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:21 am

The Castellan wrote:
You gotta read about the glass structures and the robot head on the moon, the disco ball-shaped moon of Saturn's moon of Iapetus (which also has a 12 mile by 12 mile wall going around the equator), and the structures in Saturn's rings! Hoagland talked all about that recently.

Has he ever discussed Apollo 20? The secret USAF/USSR moon mission to a crashed alien spaceship on the moon?

Its on youtube, but looks like a hoax to me..
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: My god   Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:11 am

Nuggan wrote:
a1cmustangpilot wrote:
Nuggan wrote:
Ronpur wrote:

~

I have a friend that lived in Jerusalem for a time, it's REALLY interesting to hear her experiences firsthand.

I'm extreme on both of the other topics....NOT real popular in many places real or electronic. bom

See, now talking with someone who lived there would be something that I could do, but offer an opinion/stance on the issues going on there, I still couldn't. Yeah, I can get pretty extreme on the subject of religion, politics, and everything else in between, because a lot of people are pretty wishy-washy on it, always trying to please one another by saying, "Oh hey, I'll change my tune so that way I'm not so alone." I'm not like that, at all.
~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My god   Today at 5:16 pm

Back to top Go down

My god
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: