Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store

Share | 

Remembrance of the daleks, best dalek episode?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Remembrance of the daleks, best dalek episode?   Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:58 pm

neogeoMk2 wrote:
Hoosier Whovian wrote:
Dalek Masterplan

I wish I could agree. I've seen every episode that's still on film, and read quite a few of the old Target novelizations, but never read Masterplan and never saw any of the footage that's left (or heard the audio, if it exists--if it does, ca-ching, there goes a few more coppers from under the ol' visco mattress. I'm assuming you're familiar with the story, Hoosier? Its that good?

Counter Plot and Escape Switch are 2 episodes that still exist.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Remembrance of the daleks, best dalek episode?   Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:15 pm

Day Of Armageddon (episode 2) also still exists. The last "lost" Who episode to be found, actually.

Awesome story. I could do without the "Feast of Steven" episode but the rest of it is some great stuff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9510
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Remembrance of the daleks, best dalek episode?   Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:24 am

I read the books years ago. Only thing I remember is that I enjoyed them....a lot.

But, I also enjoyed Tomb of the Cybermen a bit more as a book, too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Invisible Supreme

Number of posts : 2144
Registration date : 2010-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Remembrance of the daleks, best dalek episode?   Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:32 am

I kinda find it hard to take genesis seriously, and I find the daleks to be alot more scarier in remembrance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
neogeo

Number of posts : 2159
Registration date : 2010-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Remembrance of the daleks, best dalek episode?   Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:51 pm

I just Wiki'ed Daleks Master Plan ...I hadn;t realized they were on the Daleks: Early Years VHS (I have that boxed somewhere) which means I must have watched them 18 years or so ago at least once. Perhaps I should dig it out and see if the tape's still goo so I can make that at least twice. Likewise I hadn't realized that the story had been released in print as Mission to the Unknown & The Mutation of Time, or that it had been released on CD. I'm intrigued ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
smithygod

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2010-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Remembrance of the daleks, best dalek episode?   Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:14 am

I have two dvd's but one is in NTSC format and one is special edition. When I was 7 I really wanted to see it. When I was seven I got it but had to go through a whole lot of stuff to get it working. Then I got the special edition last christmas or my birthday (I'm not sure which one).

Last edited by DrWhoRules on Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gunny

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2010-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Remembrance of the daleks, best dalek episode?   Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:36 am

My favorite Dalek shows:

1. Revelation of the Daleks
2. Genesis of the Daleks
3. The Dalek Invasion of Earth
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 5982
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Remembrance of the daleks, best dalek episode?   Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:06 pm

Remembrance was pretty good, but I also like Revelation a lot , too - even though I'm not a great fan of either Six or Seven. However I must say that my favorite Dalek story is Dalek. The Last Dalek was a real character rather than the usual archetype and Eccleston was, dare I say, "fantastic!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Remembrance of the daleks, best dalek episode?   Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:35 pm

Dalek was a masterpiece.

A pity the season finale pretty much killed its relevance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Remembrance of the daleks, best dalek episode?   Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:34 am

Rust wrote:
Dalek was a masterpiece.

A pity the season finale pretty much killed its relevance.

I dunno, the Daleks came this close to winning; if Rose did not come back, the Doctor would have become a member of an extinct race instead of an endangered one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dr.dalek

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2010-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Remembrance of the daleks, best dalek episode?   Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:01 pm

i enjoyed the episode but there were some parts that weren't so good
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Remembrance of the daleks, best dalek episode?   Today at 10:26 am

Back to top Go down

Remembrance of the daleks, best dalek episode?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: