Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 

Remembrance of the daleks, best dalek episode?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Remembrance of the daleks, best dalek episode?   Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:58 pm

neogeoMk2 wrote:
Hoosier Whovian wrote:
Dalek Masterplan

I wish I could agree. I've seen every episode that's still on film, and read quite a few of the old Target novelizations, but never read Masterplan and never saw any of the footage that's left (or heard the audio, if it exists--if it does, ca-ching, there goes a few more coppers from under the ol' visco mattress. I'm assuming you're familiar with the story, Hoosier? Its that good?

Counter Plot and Escape Switch are 2 episodes that still exist.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Remembrance of the daleks, best dalek episode?   Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:15 pm

Day Of Armageddon (episode 2) also still exists. The last "lost" Who episode to be found, actually.

Awesome story. I could do without the "Feast of Steven" episode but the rest of it is some great stuff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9504
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Remembrance of the daleks, best dalek episode?   Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:24 am

I read the books years ago. Only thing I remember is that I enjoyed them....a lot.

But, I also enjoyed Tomb of the Cybermen a bit more as a book, too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Invisible Supreme

Number of posts : 2141
Registration date : 2010-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Remembrance of the daleks, best dalek episode?   Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:32 am

I kinda find it hard to take genesis seriously, and I find the daleks to be alot more scarier in remembrance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
neogeo

Number of posts : 2159
Registration date : 2010-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Remembrance of the daleks, best dalek episode?   Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:51 pm

I just Wiki'ed Daleks Master Plan ...I hadn;t realized they were on the Daleks: Early Years VHS (I have that boxed somewhere) which means I must have watched them 18 years or so ago at least once. Perhaps I should dig it out and see if the tape's still goo so I can make that at least twice. Likewise I hadn't realized that the story had been released in print as Mission to the Unknown & The Mutation of Time, or that it had been released on CD. I'm intrigued ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
smithygod

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2010-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Remembrance of the daleks, best dalek episode?   Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:14 am

I have two dvd's but one is in NTSC format and one is special edition. When I was 7 I really wanted to see it. When I was seven I got it but had to go through a whole lot of stuff to get it working. Then I got the special edition last christmas or my birthday (I'm not sure which one).

Last edited by DrWhoRules on Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gunny

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2010-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Remembrance of the daleks, best dalek episode?   Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:36 am

My favorite Dalek shows:

1. Revelation of the Daleks
2. Genesis of the Daleks
3. The Dalek Invasion of Earth
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 5965
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Remembrance of the daleks, best dalek episode?   Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:06 pm

Remembrance was pretty good, but I also like Revelation a lot , too - even though I'm not a great fan of either Six or Seven. However I must say that my favorite Dalek story is Dalek. The Last Dalek was a real character rather than the usual archetype and Eccleston was, dare I say, "fantastic!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Remembrance of the daleks, best dalek episode?   Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:35 pm

Dalek was a masterpiece.

A pity the season finale pretty much killed its relevance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Remembrance of the daleks, best dalek episode?   Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:34 am

Rust wrote:
Dalek was a masterpiece.

A pity the season finale pretty much killed its relevance.

I dunno, the Daleks came this close to winning; if Rose did not come back, the Doctor would have become a member of an extinct race instead of an endangered one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dr.dalek

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2010-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Remembrance of the daleks, best dalek episode?   Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:01 pm

i enjoyed the episode but there were some parts that weren't so good
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Remembrance of the daleks, best dalek episode?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: