Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 

DT (as Peter Vincent) From "Fright Night" remake.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Clavius

Number of posts: 578
Registration date: 2007-10-03

PostSubject: DT (as Peter Vincent) From "Fright Night" remake.   Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:59 pm

First image of David Tennant as Peter Vincent (formerly played by Roddy McDowall) in the remake of Fright Night.

Looks like the Peter Vincent character in this version is going to be a Criss Angel-style shock-schlock magician rather than the late-night horror movie host from the original. (Classic flick by the way).

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rust

Number of posts: 1534
Registration date: 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: DT (as Peter Vincent) From "Fright Night" remake.   Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:09 pm

The pic amuses me a bit.

Mainly because David has very large, expressive eyes and a delicate facial structure. So seeing him in black leather trying to look menacing just doesn't work.

It's like Bambi in Goth Makeup.

That being said, I am looking forward to this movie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Capt.Dan Parkness

Number of posts: 10
Registration date: 2010-09-03

PostSubject: Re: DT (as Peter Vincent) From "Fright Night" remake.   Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:54 am

it's capt.jack sparrow
Back to top Go down
View user profile
neogeo

Number of posts: 2156
Registration date: 2010-08-18

PostSubject: Re: DT (as Peter Vincent) From "Fright Night" remake.   Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:41 pm

I liked the original Fright Night, but I can see Tennant filling Roddy's shoes neatly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CrochetOwl

Number of posts: 301
Registration date: 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: DT (as Peter Vincent) From "Fright Night" remake.   Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:22 am

Supposedly he's only in the getup for a brief time. The rest of the time, he'll appear without the Sparrow look.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
greenk9

Number of posts: 1306
Registration date: 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: DT (as Peter Vincent) From "Fright Night" remake.   Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:57 pm

those pants are wrong...giggle-
Anyway he is meant to be over the top...and I do so love the hard rock logo underneath... obviously a suggestion that he is a dinner theater type of magician.....can't wait.

Colin Farrel...Tennant.....drooling now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nocturniah

Number of posts: 275
Registration date: 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: DT (as Peter Vincent) From "Fright Night" remake.   Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:59 am

That poster prompted me to drive to and around the Hard Rock hotel in hopes of getting a picture with it. Turns out the poster is actually in New Mexico.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/nocturniah
cmdrkoenig67

Number of posts: 48
Registration date: 2007-02-17

PostSubject: Re: DT (as Peter Vincent) From "Fright Night" remake.   Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:29 am

Horrible, just horrible...I hate everything I've heard about this remake. Love DT, but this remake will have nothing on the original...It's sad they made so many changes to the characters and plot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
greenk9

Number of posts: 1306
Registration date: 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: DT (as Peter Vincent) From "Fright Night" remake.   Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:10 pm

hmm...I have heard so long that tennant could be in the hobbit after fright night....
will this rumour be true? hmmmm.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vicki

Number of posts: 148
Registration date: 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: DT (as Peter Vincent) From "Fright Night" remake.   Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:27 pm

I love David Tennant, and I'm looking forward to this!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.livejournal.com/users/fleurette
Ronpur

Number of posts: 8940
Registration date: 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: DT (as Peter Vincent) From "Fright Night" remake.   Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:02 am

I think it was McCoy who said he was up for a role in the Hobbit. But, they both could be....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rdks

Number of posts: 3520
Registration date: 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: DT (as Peter Vincent) From "Fright Night" remake.   Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:42 am

Ronpur wrote:
I think it was McCoy who said he was up for a role in the Hobbit. But, they both could be....
Yup, he said that. He said he's 1 of 2 actors they're looking at to play Radagast the Brown.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shatterbang

Number of posts: 542
Registration date: 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: DT (as Peter Vincent) From "Fright Night" remake.   Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:58 pm

Why does he look like Criss Angel? Is he a magician instead of a TV show host?

Meh. I'm already not into this as it's a remake. The original Fright Night's fine as it is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://emerdelac.wordpress.com
rdks

PostSubject: Re: DT (as Peter Vincent) From "Fright Night" remake.   Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:16 pm

Shatterbang wrote:
Is he a magician instead of a TV show host?
Yup, that's it. A Las Vegas magician.

Shatterbang wrote:
The original Fright Night's fine as it is.
Indeed it was. I showed my (older) kids this the other day and they enjoyed it, though they couldn't get over the fact that the vampire was Prince Humperdink from The Princess Bride. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rdks

PostSubject: Re: DT (as Peter Vincent) From "Fright Night" remake.   Tue May 17, 2011 4:23 pm

The trailer's out.

It's over 2 minutes long and there's no sign of David Tennant. I guess his part in the movie is pretty small.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nocturniah

Number of posts: 275
Registration date: 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: DT (as Peter Vincent) From "Fright Night" remake.   Tue May 17, 2011 6:12 pm

Isn't that him at 2:10, for about half a second?

If it is, it would seem the "look" from the poster and officially released stills is going to be a stage persona.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/nocturniah
SeaDevil

Number of posts: 5252
Registration date: 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: DT (as Peter Vincent) From "Fright Night" remake.   Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:41 pm

Just saw the movie. Gotta say I really liked it! David was awesome! The "persona" is just that - a persona. That's not how he plays the character. It's just his "act" while he's performing on stage.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tardisinterruptus.com

DT (as Peter Vincent) From "Fright Night" remake.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-