Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 

I'm so jealous

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: I'm so jealous   Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:18 am

Because of these! I know you will be too. Mad Sad Sad Sad

Back to top Go down
neogeo

Number of posts : 2159
Registration date : 2010-08-18

PostSubject: Re: I'm so jealous   Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:21 am

Are these real, or are they Memorex, err, i mean customs?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: I'm so jealous   Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:37 am

neogeoMk2 wrote:

Customs, very obvious customs.

And no, sorry, not jealous. Rolling Eyes

~
Back to top Go down
neogeo

PostSubject: Re: I'm so jealous   Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:46 am

a1cmustangpilot wrote:
neogeoMk2 wrote:

~

Having never made a custom, and being relatively new to Who figures in general, what may be obvious to one may not be obvious to another.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: I'm so jealous   Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:06 am

neogeoMk2 wrote:
a1cmustangpilot wrote:
neogeoMk2 wrote:

~

Having never made a custom, and being relatively new to Who figures in general, what may be obvious to one may not be obvious to another.

Sorry, I wasn't saying that it should have been obvious to you, just stating that they are obviously customs. I'm basically forming 100% judgment on the fact that they are customs. The coat on the 11th Doctor is the trenchcoat from the 10th Doctor.

Sorry you were offended.
~
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm so jealous   Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:13 am

When I say I'm jealous its because I wish I knew how to make them. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
neogeo

PostSubject: Re: I'm so jealous   Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:18 am

a1cmustangpilot wrote:
neogeoMk2 wrote:
a1cmustangpilot wrote:
neogeoMk2 wrote:

~

Sorry, I wasn't saying that it should have been obvious to you, just stating that they are obviously customs. I'm basically forming 100% judgment on the fact that they are customs. The coat on the 11th Doctor is the trenchcoat from the 10th Doctor.

Sorry you were offended.
~

Naw, no worries, not offended. At the moment the only 10th I have is the one that came in the 11 Docs set, and the only one I've had in my hands is my older niece's (and that was just twice--its a prized possession of hers). The Amy I sort of had a clue about--wrong boots, wrong service cap. I suppose I was semi-sorta hoping this was a peek into the future with that possible Doc/Amy/Tardis set. Again, no offense taken cause I'm sure no offense was given. Not to this punk anyway! Cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: I'm so jealous   Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:20 am

neogeoMk2 wrote:
a1cmustangpilot wrote:
neogeoMk2 wrote:
a1cmustangpilot wrote:
neogeoMk2 wrote:

~

Sorry you were offended.
~

Naw, no worries, not offended. At the moment the only 10th I have is the one that came in the 11 Docs set, and the only one I've had in my hands is my older niece's (and that was just twice--its a prized possession of hers). The Amy I sort of had a clue about--wrong boots, wrong service cap. I suppose I was semi-sorta hoping this was a peek into the future with that possible Doc/Amy/Tardis set. Again, no offense taken cause I'm sure no offense was given. Not to this punk anyway! Cheers

Definitely no offense intended! My obvious comment was directed at the thread itself, not your comment. I should have made that more clear, so I apologize! Smile

Yeah, it would be cool if the Amy in police set thing was true. I don't know if we can trus the Aussie retailer... seems a bit dodgy, but time will tell, eh?

~
Back to top Go down
neogeo

PostSubject: Re: I'm so jealous   Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:34 am

a1cmustangpilot wrote:
neogeoMk2 wrote:
a1cmustangpilot wrote:
neogeoMk2 wrote:
a1cmustangpilot wrote:
neogeoMk2 wrote:

~

Sorry you were offended.
~

Definitely no offense intended! My obvious comment was directed at the thread itself, not your comment. I should have made that more clear, so I apologize! Smile

Yeah, it would be cool if the Amy in police set thing was true. I don't know if we can trus the Aussie retailer... seems a bit dodgy, but time will tell, eh?

~

Karma is more than satisfied, paz. The universe is in balance (now if I can just get my stomach to stop doing somersaults).

Patience is a virtue, no use crying over spilled milk, the elevator ain't the brightest, my tool shed don't go all the way to the top, &c., &c. I hope the rumour is true (if true I hope I have managed to sort out my gift-giving gifts well before a release date or else its Sylv & his Tardis for me, again--that is I miss out). It takes a bit of time getting used to each new Doctor (or the actor)--I remember getting used to Tom and then all of a sudden there were reruns of Jon along with new episodes of Peter which thoroughly puzzled me. It took me a while to get used to 3 Doctors, then to catch The Three Doctors not long before The Five Doctors aired (maybe a year before--hard to remember so far back, when the pyramids were all fresh and sparkly and had that new-pyramid smell to them). Catching up on Who after several years absence I took an immediate dislike to Colin, something which I'm still somewhat working through--I do like Mark of the Rani, 2 Doctors, Attack & Revelation at least), and the whole style of Sylv was so different, again, especially since my introduction to him was through Fenric. I like Matt, but I'm not 100% sure about his Doctor just yet. Amy though is aces (with the occasional bit of annoyance in there, but knowing myself, I can be pretty annoying so I'll let it go, for now Wink ).

Back on topic, I'm envious of the talent to create those customs & that ya'll get to handle your figures--I have my self-imposed embargo on opening mine, setting them aside for the next generation of Whovians in my family. At least the exclusives. Self-disciple and control are such bummers!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6854
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: I'm so jealous   Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:59 am

Do not like that Amy custom. The vest is too bulky. Maybe if she was a real police officer, that would work, but she was supposed to be a kiss-o-gram.

That wedding 11th Doctor looks great, though... See how easy it is to do, CO... See???

Um... Where'd you find these? Customs forum? Ebay?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: I'm so jealous   Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:49 pm

jaredofmo wrote:
Do not like that Amy custom. The vest is too bulky. Maybe if she was a real police officer, that would work, but she was supposed to be a kiss-o-gram.

That wedding 11th Doctor looks great, though... See how easy it is to do, CO... See???

Ebay sadly. the price jackers. Laughing Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: I'm so jealous   Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:54 pm

I like to know whee they got the vest. It's not from the Tom Ryan Primeval figure. It's a perfect match for a modern UNIT soldier.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
neogeo

PostSubject: Re: I'm so jealous   Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:45 pm

I wonder if COs modelers scan through the customs on auction at eBay looking to see what & how others build upon or modify the figure, sort of as preliminary research before designing their own versions or deciding yea or nay on a variant.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6854
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: I'm so jealous   Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:47 pm

TheDoctor88 wrote:
jaredofmo wrote:

Ebay sadly. the price jackers. Laughing Crying or Very sad

Actually they have a few figures I'm looking for for less than $5... Placed a couple bids.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

I'm so jealous
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: