Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers
 
HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 
 

 Do you think or wish

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Do you think or wish   Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:35 pm

They made or will make a figure of Matt Smith wearing the black outfit he had on in promo pics for Doctor Who? I sure do. Very Happy


Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Do you think or wish   Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:54 pm

That's easy to make as a custom. Get either an auton or an extra ninth Doctor, do a head switch et voila!

~
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Do you think or wish   Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:24 pm

a1cmustangpilot wrote:
That's easy to make as a custom. Get either an auton or an extra ninth Doctor, do a head switch et voila!

~

Anyone want to do that for me? Laughing Not good at customs. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
rdks
RANK: Celestial Intervention Agent


Number of posts : 3520
Age : 44
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Do you think or wish   Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:40 pm

TheDoctor88 wrote:
Not good at customs. Crying or Very sad
Switching heads is the perfect way to start! Give it a try!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Do you think or wish   Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:45 pm

rdks wrote:
TheDoctor88 wrote:
Not good at customs. Crying or Very sad
Switching heads is the perfect way to start! Give it a try!

Yeah, switching heads is really easy, and there is so much online to help out.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Do you think or wish   Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:49 pm

oh ok thanks. First I need some kind of figure that looks like that and more extra Matt's. Very Happy Laughing
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
RANK: Time Lord President Elect


Number of posts : 6854
Age : 30
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Do you think or wish   Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:53 pm

Get another 11th Doctor on WhoNA, use standard checkout, grab an Auton with the $5 Pick-A-Figure promotion, and you're set.

I'm actually going to get an Auton on my next purchase.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Do you think or wish   Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:55 pm

jaredofmo wrote:
Get another 11th Doctor on WhoNA, use standard checkout, grab an Auton with the $5 Pick-A-Figure promotion, and you're set.

I'm actually going to get an Auton on my next purchase.

That sounds like a good idea, only that will cost about $30 for figure to be
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
RANK: Time Lord President Elect


Number of posts : 6854
Age : 30
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Do you think or wish   Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:58 pm

kcooper76 wrote:
jaredofmo wrote:
Get another 11th Doctor on WhoNA, use standard checkout, grab an Auton with the $5 Pick-A-Figure promotion, and you're set.

I'm actually going to get an Auton on my next purchase.

That sounds like a good idea, only that will cost about $30 for figure to be

No one said this fandom was cheap!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rdks
RANK: Celestial Intervention Agent


Number of posts : 3520
Age : 44
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Do you think or wish   Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:59 pm

Don't buy anything until you know what will fit. Matt's head might not fit on an Auton, you might need to use Eccles.

I've made that mistake a few times. Thought "Oh, this head would look cool on this body", then you buy them and they don't even come close to fitting. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Do you think or wish   Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:08 pm

I'll look around and see what I can find and do. Smile
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Do you think or wish   Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:27 pm

rdks wrote:
Don't buy anything until you know what will fit. Matt's head might not fit on an Auton, you might need to use Eccles.

I've made that mistake a few times. Thought "Oh, this head would look cool on this body", then you buy them and they don't even come close to fitting. Sad

I almost had that happen when I switched the heads of the gelth zombie and Rose, however, Rose's head fit perfectly on the other one, so I was happy. I had to do a bit of cutting when I did the switch of the 10th Doctor's head onto the raggedy 11th Doctor and then put 11's head on the spacesuit. I'm still not done with that as 11's head keeps falling off.

~
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
RANK: Time Lord President Elect


Number of posts : 6854
Age : 30
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Do you think or wish   Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:34 pm

So you have a headless Rose... Some Rose haters might like that...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Do you think or wish   Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:38 pm

jaredofmo wrote:
So you have a headless Rose... Some Rose haters might like that...

No, my Rose is on the gelth's body. She's not Rose though, she is Farrah, my original character who travels with the Doctor from time-to-time. I still have to redo her hair and paint the dress, as well as finish my custom for the 12th Doctor (based on David Morrissey's Jackson Lake as well as Colonel Brandon from "Sense and Sensibility").

So no, the only one who goes headless sometimes is 11, which is to the delight of my Daleks.
~
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
RANK: Time Lord President Elect


Number of posts : 6854
Age : 30
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Do you think or wish   Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:43 pm

So, what did you do with the body you got the head from?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rdks
RANK: Celestial Intervention Agent


Number of posts : 3520
Age : 44
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Do you think or wish   Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:58 am

a1cmustangpilot wrote:
....11's head keeps falling off.
Why does the head fall off? Did you cut the plug off the bottom of the neck?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Do you think or wish   Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:02 am

jaredofmo wrote:
So you have a headless Rose... Some Rose haters might like that...

I have a headless Donna body after swapping the head with the primeval figure. I also have that spare head from that figure, and I also randomly have an extra Martha head . . Don't know what to do with these
Back to top Go down
The 2nd Doctor Roberts
RANK: Time Lord Commoner


Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Do you think or wish   Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:42 am

While we're on the subject of switching heads, has anyone tried the serious 4th Doctor head on the 9th Doctor body? I'm wondering how it would look.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Do you think or wish   Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:28 am

I have a spare Mickey head, not the one from the accessories but the actual head from the figure.
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99
RANK: Time Lord Council Guard


Number of posts : 2106
Age : 40
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Do you think or wish   Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:52 am

has anyone tried swapping the first captain jack's head onto the later one's body. i suggested it one time, didn't know if the head would fit. i always thought the first sculpt of barrowmans' face looked better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Do you think or wish   Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:38 pm

rdks wrote:
a1cmustangpilot wrote:
....11's head keeps falling off.
Why does the head fall off? Did you cut the plug off the bottom of the neck?

Yes I did because the plug wouldn't fit onto the spacesuit, so I had to adjust for it. What makes it fall off actually is the collar on the spacesuit. That was firmly in place until I did the boil-n-pop, and then it fell off. Once I get that glued into place, 11's head should stop falling off, and my Daleks' favourite past-time would come to an end.

~
Back to top Go down
rdks
RANK: Celestial Intervention Agent


Number of posts : 3520
Age : 44
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Do you think or wish   Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:47 pm

a1cmustangpilot wrote:
Yes I did because the plug wouldn't fit onto the spacesuit, so I had to adjust for it.
I thought so! Only because I've done the same thing a few times. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Do you think or wish   Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:54 pm

rdks wrote:
a1cmustangpilot wrote:
Yes I did because the plug wouldn't fit onto the spacesuit, so I had to adjust for it.
I thought so! Only because I've done the same thing a few times. Laughing

Don't you love it when a plan comes together? Very Happy

Outside of finishing my custom of the 12th Doctor/Jackson Lake and Farrah, I think I'm pretty much giving up on customs for the time. I really want to make one of Liesel, but there aren't anymore female figures out there to use, so I'm kind of waiting (and hoping) for companion figures.
~
Back to top Go down
 
Do you think or wish
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: