Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store

Share | 

ADULTS OVER 18 ONLY re: 11's new tardis motor

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2106
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: ADULTS OVER 18 ONLY re: 11's new tardis motor   Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:54 pm

ok, am i the only one who sees what is inside the new 11 tardis motor, or do i just have a dirt mind. i'd post a pic, but i don't know how to do that. anyone else who has a still image of it, feel free to post it, so you know what i am talking about. i think there's a reason why half of the motor is covered up by wood panelling, so that you don't see the inside motor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: ADULTS OVER 18 ONLY re: 11's new tardis motor   Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:17 pm

bret_owen99 wrote:
ok, am i the only one who sees what is inside the new 11 tardis motor, or do i just have a dirt mind. i'd post a pic, but i don't know how to do that. anyone else who has a still image of it, feel free to post it, so you know what i am talking about. i think there's a reason why half of the motor is covered up by wood panelling, so that you don't see the inside motor.

which part is the "motor"?
Back to top Go down
amagon

Number of posts : 2730
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: ADULTS OVER 18 ONLY re: 11's new tardis motor   Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:24 pm

Send it to me!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nocturniah

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: ADULTS OVER 18 ONLY re: 11's new tardis motor   Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:54 pm

You people are such pervs!!!

But, yes, I agree with you on what it looks like.

You can see it in a lot of the promo photos for Series 5. It's a bit like Watchmen, in a way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/nocturniah
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6854
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: ADULTS OVER 18 ONLY re: 11's new tardis motor   Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:25 pm

Oh, gosh. They said this over at IMDb when "The Eleventh Hour" premiered.

It's that thing in the middle of the column of the console.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: ADULTS OVER 18 ONLY re: 11's new tardis motor   Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:30 pm

jaredofmo wrote:
Oh, gosh. They said this over at IMDb when "The Eleventh Hour" premiered.

It's that thing in the middle of the column of the console.

the thing that goes up and down? You guys have to be kidding. Sure, I can see how it looks like something . . suggestive, but it's not that noticeable that you think that every time. On Confidential, that "thing" was talked about, like how they decided on it and where it came from, it was really interesting.
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

PostSubject: Re: ADULTS OVER 18 ONLY re: 11's new tardis motor   Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:18 pm

sorry kcooper76, i can't help but think it everytime i see it. i've seen too many of the *cough* real things in person to not think it looks like that. i don't care where they say it came from, it looks too much like something for my tastes. maybe if it went all the way to the ceiling, like 10's did. but no, it doesn't. it just stops less than halfway. sorry, it's like saying snake freddy from nightmare 3 doesn't look like a....
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: ADULTS OVER 18 ONLY re: 11's new tardis motor   Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:46 pm

bret_owen99 wrote:
sorry kcooper76, i can't help but think it everytime i see it. i've seen too many of the *cough* real things in person to not think it looks like that. i don't care where they say it came from, it looks too much like something for my tastes. maybe if it went all the way to the ceiling, like 10's did. but no, it doesn't. it just stops less than halfway. sorry, it's like saying snake freddy from nightmare 3 doesn't look like a....

Well, I just re-watched the ending of "The Eleventh Hour'. When that thing is in motion, it looks . . uh, like that. It does. I admit it. I don't really think it when it isn't in motion, but when it is, . . . yeah, you're right. But still, the bit about it on confidential was interesting. Maybe it can offer some insight about it . . I'm trying to find the clip from confidential 501, but I can't seem to find it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ADULTS OVER 18 ONLY re: 11's new tardis motor   Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:24 am

Huh? scratch

Seriously, huh? scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ADULTS OVER 18 ONLY re: 11's new tardis motor   Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:49 am

Hoosier Whovian wrote:
Huh? scratch

Seriously, huh? scratch

Is this "huh" as in "What??!! Are you serious?" or huh as in "What? I don't get that."
Back to top Go down
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: ADULTS OVER 18 ONLY re: 11's new tardis motor   Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:36 am

Soooo.....what is it?

And who wants to bet everyone UNDER 18 seen this thread and brushed it off as no big deal? afro
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: ADULTS OVER 18 ONLY re: 11's new tardis motor   Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:46 am

I saw Scarywood peeking over my shoulder in cyberspace earlier, I am certain of that.
Back to top Go down
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: ADULTS OVER 18 ONLY re: 11's new tardis motor   Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:58 pm

Hoosier Whovian wrote:
I saw Scarywood peeking over my shoulder in cyberspace earlier, I am certain of that.
So what? Let him. afro
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bret_owen99

PostSubject: Re: ADULTS OVER 18 ONLY re: 11's new tardis motor   Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:32 pm

sorry hoosier if you don't approve of my topic, or don't understand it. i'm on my third watching of the 5th series(and will watch it again when i get the blu-rays), but i just couldn't help pointing it out. i mean, for all the things rtd did(and i didn't agree with all of them), he didn't put a "toy" in the tardis. i'm just sayin....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ReverendKain

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2010-03-09

PostSubject: Re: ADULTS OVER 18 ONLY re: 11's new tardis motor   Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:44 pm

Well... if you think about it... the central column has always had... that... kind of symbolism to it anyway, what with the up and down motion and providing the, er, "thrust". Moffat just made it a bit more explicit, is all Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: ADULTS OVER 18 ONLY re: 11's new tardis motor   Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:54 pm

ReverendKain wrote:
Well... if you think about it... the central column has always had... that... kind of symbolism to it anyway, what with the up and down motion and providing the, er, "thrust". Moffat just made it a bit more explicit, is all Wink

We can't say "Moffat did it", there's all these people who worked to design and build the model, Moffat didn't design it.
Back to top Go down
Nuggan

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2010-07-04

PostSubject: Re: ADULTS OVER 18 ONLY re: 11's new tardis motor   Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:22 pm

Yeah, it looks something like this:

GIS for Glass Finials

Not suitable for children under 18 because they may poke their eyes out.

If that's what you're worried about, somehow Captain Jack's "do anything to anything" attitude flew under your radar.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ReverendKain

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2010-03-09

PostSubject: Re: ADULTS OVER 18 ONLY re: 11's new tardis motor   Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:24 pm

kcooper76 wrote:
We can't say "Moffat did it", there's all these people who worked to design and build the model, Moffat didn't design it.

Well, yes, Mr. Technical Pants Razz

He did, however, of course, sign off on it. So it's his fault anyway, even if he didn't insist on that particular element being shaped in that particular manner. Wink

Last edited by ReverendKain on Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: ADULTS OVER 18 ONLY re: 11's new tardis motor   Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:28 pm

ReverendKain wrote:

Well, yes, Mr. Technical Pants Razz

Actually, I am Mr. Technical Pants

And, Nuggan, Jack's behavior was watered down a great deal for his appearances in Who.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ADULTS OVER 18 ONLY re: 11's new tardis motor   Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:40 pm

What are you people talking about? confused bounce Arrow Question Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ADULTS OVER 18 ONLY re: 11's new tardis motor   Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:41 pm

im sorry i dont see it and would have never thought of "it" soooo maybe just maybe its not there just saying, it could be like the little mermaid thing years ago but in the end could only be in peoples mind. jmo
Back to top Go down
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9511
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: ADULTS OVER 18 ONLY re: 11's new tardis motor   Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:55 pm

Nuggan wrote:
Yeah, it looks something like this:

GIS for Glass Finials

Not suitable for children under 18 because they may poke their eyes out.

If that's what you're worried about, somehow Captain Jack's "do anything to anything" attitude flew under your radar.

Which is exactly what I thought of when I saw it. Not sure where everyone else has let their mind drift to?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nocturniah

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: ADULTS OVER 18 ONLY re: 11's new tardis motor   Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:01 pm

Hey, if it walks like one and talks like one... someone's got quite the skill set.

I'm with ncchuck on this though, we're all seeing what we want to see... and more of us (apparently) want to be seeing a certain something than I thought Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/nocturniah

PostSubject: Re: ADULTS OVER 18 ONLY re: 11's new tardis motor   Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:26 pm

bret_owen99 wrote:
sorry hoosier if you don't approve of my topic, or don't understand it. i'm on my third watching of the 5th series(and will watch it again when i get the blu-rays), but i just couldn't help pointing it out. i mean, for all the things rtd did(and i didn't agree with all of them), he didn't put a "toy" in the tardis. i'm just sayin....

Whoa there! I didnt say anything about approving or disapproving. Dont anyone put words in my posts. I just dont understand what you are talking about. maybe I dont have the sense of humor the rest of you have.

Everyone is free to post whatever they want as long as Keith and Jany are cool with it, I just want to be able to comprehend what is posted.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ADULTS OVER 18 ONLY re: 11's new tardis motor   Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:47 pm

And people say I have a dirty mind! Shocked Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ADULTS OVER 18 ONLY re: 11's new tardis motor   Today at 11:30 am

Back to top Go down

ADULTS OVER 18 ONLY re: 11's new tardis motor
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: