Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers
 
HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 
 

 Tribute to David Tennant

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Who North America
RANK: White Guardian


Number of posts : 5695
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Tribute to David Tennant   Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:05 am

OK, I am starting this sticky thread just so people can express how they feel about him as the 10th Doctor, and just maybe David Tennant might read them all and be encouraged Very Happy

Post away fellow Whovian!

Jany
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://whona.realtvboard.com
Nuggan
RANK: UNIT Sergeant


Number of posts : 180
Age : 41
Registration date : 2010-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Tribute to David Tennant   Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:33 pm

We finished End of Time a week ago today.

I am truly grieving. Still. Even now.

I am not exaggerating.

TENnant's acting was stellar throughout his tenure. His EYES are so expressive and he made me feel the pain and joy that the Doctor felt.

There were many times where I thought...okay, I can't bear watching his two hearts being ripped out and stomped on over and over again.

I stumbled on the Children in Need clip from 2005 last night...something we missed. As we watched it I yelled.."Why on Earth did he have to leave?"

Now, I am a sensible woman. I have a life. Husband, kids, a job. I don't have this type of star struck-ness about me. Until I "met" TENnant.

He is my Doctor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
khana
RANK: UNIT Trooper


Number of posts : 36
Age : 30
Registration date : 2010-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Tribute to David Tennant   Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:13 pm

My Doctor.

Only a fellow Whovian can really understand what that means, that he is My Doctor.

His is the face I see when I look to the stars, and wonder. His is the voice that whispers when I close my eyes and dream of the impossible.

Like Nuggan, I've never been struck like this before. Oh, I've dreamed of wild impossibilities in fantasy and sci-fi, loved Star Trek and others, been captivated by worlds.

And while I loved Christopher Eccleston (my first Doctor), he only captivated me in the "normal" way, like Captain Jean Luc Picard, or other favorite characters.

But Tennant made it more, somehow. Somehow, it wasn't just a world of dreams and imagination... somehow, it was real. It was as though he was more than just an actor... he truly seemed that he was The Doctor. That I was truly seeing this joy, the laughter, the silliness, the searing pain, the loneliness, the hope, the passion, the need. Somehow, David Tennant made it feel real.

And even more than real, it felt mine. Many of my own tears, my own bouts of laughter that occasionally had me falling to the floor, my own cheers of success, my own smiles and shared joys.

Like Nuggan, it was close enough to my own heart that I struggled to bear watching his hearts ripped from his chest. His "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry" never failed to rip at me.

Beautifully presented. Exquisitely felt.

I salute thee, David Tennant!

My Doctor!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vicki
RANK: UNIT Sergeant


Number of posts : 148
Age : 52
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Tribute to David Tennant   Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:17 pm

David Tennant! He is so amazing...he's the one who brought me back to Doctor Who! I'd been a fan since Tom Baker and Peter Davison, but had lost touch after awhile...watched bits and pieces in between, and loved Paul McGann, but still just sort of drifted away...until I watched The Runaway Bride, which was my first full Tenth Doctor episode I'd ever watched, and he just blew me away! I quickly caught up...though I did see a bit of Eccleston, who I liked, but he just did not grab me the way Tennant did. David's energy and enjoyment as he portrayed the most amazing character of the Doctor was evident and I wanted to be right there with him!

The biggest thing for me is that his take on the Doctor reminded me of myself when I was a little kid...running around, enjoying life, talking to everybody...he helped me recapture some of that feeling that I'm to this day trying to get back. When I watch the Tenth Doctor, it's like I've got my childhood back, you know? I relate to him so much, more than any of the other incarnations, and I just appreciate that so much. David is also able to make me laugh and cry and feel...of course, that's what a good actor does, and he is! I've seen some of his other work...he is the reason I've seen Hamlet, he is also the reason I checked out the Proclaimers, as he'd cited them as a favourite band -- I listened and agree wholeheartedly!


David Tennant made it personal and he made it fun...I consider him my Doctor and applaud him for the amazing job he did, and wish him well in his other endeavours, which I will continue to follow!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.livejournal.com/users/fleurette
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Tribute to David Tennant   Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:47 pm

The ending to "The Parting of the Ways" always brings a huge smile to my face every time I rewatch it. I like to think his was the most human doctor. Not only did he act most human, but was the most envious of human life . . . Tennant is the Best actor to come out of Doctor Who. Ever.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
RANK: Time Lord President Elect


Number of posts : 6854
Age : 30
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Tribute to David Tennant   Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:02 am

I was just thinking over an article I read recently claiming that Matt Smith is a better Doctor than Tennant, and as much as I do love Smith's Doctor, I could not agree with the article.

I think Tennant offered a Doctor who was both very human and very alien. He's allied himself with the human race and practically sees some of them as his new family. But as much good as he sees in humanity, he also sees a great potential for evil. (Right off the bat, how he told off Harriet Jones for killing the Sycorax.)

I also loved the way he missed his home world, yet when it returns, as much as he'd love to have it back, he must put his foot down and say "No," because it would be catastrophic.

I've seen at least one story from each of the Doctors, and frankly, I like them all, so I'd have trouble saying if Matt Smith or David Tennant was better than any of the nine actors who preceded them. But Tennant was, in his Doctor's words, brilliant!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Tribute to David Tennant   Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:16 am

jaredofmo wrote:
I was just thinking over an article I read recently claiming that Matt Smith is a better Doctor than Tennant, and as much as I do love Smith's Doctor, I could not agree with the article.

I think Tennant offered a Doctor who was both very human and very alien. He's allied himself with the human race and practically sees some of them as his new family. But as much good as he sees in humanity, he also sees a great potential for evil. (Right off the bat, how he told off Harriet Jones for killing the Sycorax.)

I also loved the way he missed his home world, yet when it returns, as much as he'd love to have it back, he must put his foot down and say "No," because it would be catastrophic.

I've seen at least one story from each of the Doctors, and frankly, I like them all, so I'd have trouble saying if Matt Smith or David Tennant was better than any of the nine actors who preceded them. But Tennant was, in his Doctor's words, brilliant!

I feel people who believe Smith is better believe it is because Smith is more of 'the doctor', and the classic representation of the character than Tennant. He lacks the human element that makes Tennant so unique. Specifically the element of love. It is that human element and that uniqueness that I feel some people think doesn't fit. But we know it does fit, even if it was never done before.
Back to top Go down
Brain of Davros
RANK: Time Lord Commoner


Number of posts : 1038
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Tribute to David Tennant   Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:28 am

Tennant was great as 10 and will have a hard time being matched.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur
RANK: The Doctor


Number of posts : 9504
Age : 53
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Tribute to David Tennant   Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:18 pm

I loved DT as the Doctor. He brought an intensity to the role that came from being so much of a fan of the show as a child. I would have loved to see him go to 7 years or more to passing Tom Baker. He brought an emotional turn to the role, that I have not seen before. I won't miss him, because like all of the Doctors, they still exist in my mind and DVD! And their is always the 50th Aniv. Special!
And Big Finish?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Tribute to David Tennant   Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:40 pm

Ronpur wrote:
I loved DT as the Doctor. He brought an intensity to the role that came from being so much of a fan of the show as a child. I would have loved to see him go to 7 years or more to passing Tom Baker. He brought an emotional turn to the role, that I have not seen before. I won't miss him, because like all of the Doctors, they still exist in my mind and DVD! And their is always the 50th Aniv. Special!
And Big Finish?

I think it would be fantastic if he was able to participate in the BFA's down the road. However, with him so busy, I don't see that as a possibility until much later, which is too bad. He is so my Doctor. Crying or Very sad

~
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
RANK: The Doctor


Number of posts : 9504
Age : 53
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Tribute to David Tennant   Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:09 pm

a1cmustangpilot wrote:
Ronpur wrote:
I loved DT as the Doctor. He brought an intensity to the role that came from being so much of a fan of the show as a child. I would have loved to see him go to 7 years or more to passing Tom Baker. He brought an emotional turn to the role, that I have not seen before. I won't miss him, because like all of the Doctors, they still exist in my mind and DVD! And their is always the 50th Aniv. Special!
And Big Finish?

I think it would be fantastic if he was able to participate in the BFA's down the road. However, with him so busy, I don't see that as a possibility until much later, which is too bad. He is so my Doctor. Crying or Very sad

~

Well, from what I understand, the recording of these only takes one studio day for the actors, so you never know!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bret_owen99
RANK: Time Lord Council Guard


Number of posts : 2106
Age : 40
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Tribute to David Tennant   Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:42 pm

david tennant brought the show to #1(yes it was good with eccleston, but david kept raising the stakes).

vicki, i wholeheartedly agree with you're "child" comparison. he wandered around, oblivious to the danger that was around him(as the queen pointed out in tooth and claw). when he had to "grow-up"(after donna's parting), the universe just wasn't fun anymore. then, he became a full grown up in the waters of mars, telling everyone he knew what was best(yes, i know some of you will have a psychiatrists field day with my "good" comparison's of children, and "bad" adults). at the end, he was able to do one final good act.

david tennant is a great talent, and it's a shame that hollywood stuck him in such a show like "rex is not your lawyer" hopefully he will find luck over here on something else(starting with fright night, and hopefully a sequel).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CrochetOwl
RANK: Brigadier


Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Tribute to David Tennant   Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:56 am

Still missing David as the Doctor but we have a couple of movies to look forward from him, he still does audios and there's a 4-part series he's also filming. While not on TV as often, he'll still be around (luckily not on a US show (he does try something here - have it be a cable show).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
greenk9
RANK: Time Lord Commoner


Number of posts : 1313
Age : 45
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Tribute to David Tennant   Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:59 pm

Still miss david...just now rewatching season 4 on pbs and still ust never get tired of his take on the doctor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Tribute to David Tennant   Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:56 pm

He was alright.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Tribute to David Tennant   Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:43 am

Favourite Doctor!

Don't need to say anything else. Wink
Back to top Go down
artanyus
RANK: Time Lord Commoner


Number of posts : 1513
Age : 34
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Tribute to David Tennant   Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:13 am

Tennant was my Favourite Doctor. Despite starting with Nine, Ten became my favorite. He nailed the Doctor spot on, incorporating the fun wacky side of him and the darker side into one. He could go from fun loving to dead serious at the drop of a hat, and sometimes it was freaky. Anyone who met him and saw that happen knew it wasn't smart to anger the Doctor.

I was sad to see him go, and his regeneration scene broke my heart.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur
RANK: The Doctor


Number of posts : 9504
Age : 53
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Tribute to David Tennant   Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:28 pm

artanyus wrote:
Tennant was my Favourite Doctor. Despite starting with Nine, Ten became my favorite. He nailed the Doctor spot on, incorporating the fun wacky side of him and the darker side into one. He could go from fun loving to dead serious at the drop of a hat, and sometimes it was freaky. Anyone who met him and saw that happen knew it wasn't smart to anger the Doctor.

I was sad to see him go, and his regeneration scene broke my heart.

Regeneration scenes always break my heart(s). Then I see the new Doctor, and I am making a new friend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doctor Who Freak
RANK: Prime Minister


Number of posts : 535
Age : 18
Registration date : 2009-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Tribute to David Tennant   Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:03 pm

scarywood wrote:
Favourite Doctor!

Don't need to say anything else. Wink
Yeah, he was brilliant!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Tribute to David Tennant   Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:30 pm

He was the best doctor. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
{Bad Wolf}
RANK: UNIT Trooper


Number of posts : 13
Age : 26
Registration date : 2010-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Tribute to David Tennant   Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:17 pm

David Tennant is my Fav, i just love his smile and that boosting laugh that he has! the way he presents himself is a wonderful thing to look at as well! he is so care free when he is acting and it come so natural almost, hahaha! Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/The.Legend.Of.Zelda.TwilightPrincess
regenerated and done
RANK: UNIT Sergeant


Number of posts : 95
Age : 19
Registration date : 2010-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Tribute to David Tennant   Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:29 pm

he was great
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Invisible Supreme
RANK: Time Lord Council Guard


Number of posts : 2141
Registration date : 2010-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Tribute to David Tennant   Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:30 pm

David Tennant was a brilliant doctor, one of the best.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Invisible Supreme
RANK: Time Lord Council Guard


Number of posts : 2141
Registration date : 2010-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Tribute to David Tennant   Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:23 pm

Invisible Supreme wrote:
David Tennant was a brilliant doctor, one of the best.
No, sorry, I meant he was THE best new series doctor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Captain Ironmac
RANK: Prime Minister


Number of posts : 565
Age : 50
Registration date : 2009-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Tribute to David Tennant   Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:42 pm

khana wrote:
My Doctor.

Only a fellow Whovian can really understand what that means, that he is My Doctor.

His is the face I see when I look to the stars, and wonder. His is the voice that whispers when I close my eyes and dream of the impossible.

Like Nuggan, I've never been struck like this before. Oh, I've dreamed of wild impossibilities in fantasy and sci-fi, loved Star Trek and others, been captivated by worlds.

And while I loved Christopher Eccleston (my first Doctor), he only captivated me in the "normal" way, like Captain Jean Luc Picard, or other favorite characters.

But Tennant made it more, somehow. Somehow, it wasn't just a world of dreams and imagination... somehow, it was real. It was as though he was more than just an actor... he truly seemed that he was The Doctor. That I was truly seeing this joy, the laughter, the silliness, the searing pain, the loneliness, the hope, the passion, the need. Somehow, David Tennant made it feel real.

And even more than real, it felt mine. Many of my own tears, my own bouts of laughter that occasionally had me falling to the floor, my own cheers of success, my own smiles and shared joys.

Like Nuggan, it was close enough to my own heart that I struggled to bear watching his hearts ripped from his chest. His "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry" never failed to rip at me.

Beautifully presented. Exquisitely felt.

I salute thee, David Tennant!

My Doctor!

amen.
david tennant is by far once of the greatest doctors ever.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
Tribute to David Tennant
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: