Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers
 
HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 
 

 Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
artanyus
RANK: Time Lord Commoner


Number of posts : 1513
Age : 34
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love!   Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:20 pm

bret_owen99 wrote:
yes, yes, and yes. oh, yes, one more thing.


shada,
shada,
shada........


sorry, i have the original vhs release with tom baker, and in my opinion, mcgann outdid the original with his audio play. how many people can say that?

I got a copy of that video, and after seeing that and hearing Paul do it as Eight, Paul blew the original out of the water. I loved hearing Eight read from the book and couldn't stop laughing during that scene.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jaredofmo
RANK: Time Lord President Elect


Number of posts : 6854
Age : 30
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love!   Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:25 pm

Eight rocks! Maybe his movie didn't, but he was the best part!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love!   Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:37 pm

I still love the movie, being the romantic I am.

I couldn't help but love the kiss scenes.


Fluff fluff fluffy fluffy fluff!
~
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
RANK: Time Lord President Elect


Number of posts : 6854
Age : 30
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love!   Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:04 pm

At least his movie was enjoyable, which is more than can be said of SOME things... (I'm looking at you, JCW2!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sabalom Glitz
RANK: UNIT Sergeant


Number of posts : 51
Age : 48
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love!   Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:36 pm

I can't believe after, fourteen years, we're even still discussing this.

Someone once said:

"Believing that the 8th doctor is not cannon is like believing that the Earth is flat. You have the right to believe it. But you're on your own."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love!   Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:15 pm

Sabalom Glitz wrote:
I can't believe after, fourteen years, we're even still discussing this.

Someone once said:

"Believing that the 8th doctor is not cannon is like believing that the Earth is flat. You have the right to believe it. But you're on your own."

I couldn't agree more! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rust
RANK: Time Lord Commoner


Number of posts : 1557
Age : 33
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love!   Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:49 pm

Sabalom Glitz wrote:

"Believing that the 8th doctor is not cannon is like believing that the Earth is flat. You have the right to believe it. But you're on your own."

Actually, that's not quite true.

http://theflatearthsociety.org/cms/


Yeah, I can't believe they still exist either.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love!   Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:55 pm

Rust wrote:
Sabalom Glitz wrote:

"Believing that the 8th doctor is not cannon is like believing that the Earth is flat. You have the right to believe it. But you're on your own."

Actually, that's not quite true.

http://theflatearthsociety.org/cms/


Yeah, I can't believe they still exist either.

For the almightly love of cheese, what is wrong with people?

"How do you explain footage from space?"

"Umm... errrr.... In space, its a big, big screen that shows a fake image of what some people think is the Earth.... yeah..."

"Fool"

I tell you, they'll be gutted when the every day person can get into space like they can get into the city centre via bus!

"How do you explain that one, huh?"

"Still a big screen...."
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love!   Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:34 pm

For the final word on this subject....

The 8th Doctor as ortrayed by Paul McGann is Canon!

Now SHUT UP!

Have a nice day sunny
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
RANK: Time Lord President Elect


Number of posts : 6854
Age : 30
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love!   Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:53 pm

If you want to ignore McGann, you'll have to ignore Eccleston, Tennant, and Smith, because they made McGann part of that continuity.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love!   Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:26 pm

Hoosier Whovian wrote:
For the final word on this subject....

The 8th Doctor as ortrayed by Paul McGann is Canon!

Now SHUT UP!

Have a nice day sunny

LOL!
Back to top Go down
amagon
RANK: Time Lord, Matrix Supervisor


Number of posts : 2730
Age : 43
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love!   Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:28 pm

Close this thread!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whovian
RANK: Brigadier


Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2009-07-30

PostSubject: I may be the last one...   Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:04 am

I may be the last holdout on this...

I do not recognize the 8th Doctor as canon.

All the reasons have been mentioned before. But I want to stress just how "bad" the movie was. It didn't even feel like Doctor Who. Take the worst McCoy or Colin Baker episode...it is still infinitely better than the 1996 monstrosity.

Yes, it is that bad.

I remember when I first saw it, I was covering my eyes in shame. I could barely make it through the film.

As far as not feeling like Doctor Who, it's more like "American Time Traveler". Ugh. I feel nauseous just thinking about it.

I would recognize "the Airzone Solution" and all "the Stranger" episodes before I would recognize the 1996 movie. That's how strongly I feel about it.

Paul McGann. Yuck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love!   Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:37 am

*ahem*

I LOVE the Eighth Doctor.

I don't care who doesn't think he's canon because it is just an opinion. After all, there are people out there who still believe that the tyrannosaurus rex is in fact a vegetarian and only has the sharp teeth for pulling down and munching on branches... DESPITE ALL EVIDENCE that suggests otherwise.

*ahem*

Back to subject, I simply ADORE the Eighth Doctor. I consider his audios canon. I don't really care who considers those canon or not, because again, it's just an opinion and part of their own fanon. No sweat off my brow, truly.

I love Eight. He's such a romantic, so much fun to watch, so much fun to listen to. He's endearing, sweet, sympathetic, loyal, random, adorable, and just plain amazing. There couldn't be a better actor for him than Paul McGann. May he continue playing the role and never get a regeneration, so that way the Eighth Doctor can live on and on and on and on...

FLUFFY!!!

~
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love!   Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:42 am

The Eighth Doctor needs some love.




~
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love!   Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:42 am

Best Kiss!




Oh yes!!

~
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love!   Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:43 am




~
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love!   Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:44 am



He's definitely the one I consider being MY Doctor, moreso than Ten. I just love the Eighth Doctor because he is so adventurous yet he's never really condesending towards anyone. He's always pressing onwards, always encouraging. In fact, he reminds me a lot of some of my former superiors I had in the Civil Air Patrol. I'd follow some of them to the ends of the world, and I know that if this Doctor was real, I would follow him anywhere.

~
Back to top Go down
artanyus
RANK: Time Lord Commoner


Number of posts : 1513
Age : 34
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love!   Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:46 am

I am a huge fan of Eight. Having seen the movie, and a good portion of Classic Who, there are episodes that are far worse than the movie. The movie clearly shows it was americanized in many regards but it wasn't all that bad.

Eight is definitely canon, his audios I consider canon and are very well done. He is every bit the romantic, and the movie really showed that part.

I would take Paul McGann as Eight any day over Colin Baker's Sixth Doctor to be honest. I know not everyone likes Eight, or the movie for that fact, that is their choice.

Long live Eight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
artanyus
RANK: Time Lord Commoner


Number of posts : 1513
Age : 34
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love!   Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:48 am

a1, those pictures really do capture some of Eight's best moments. Definitely lots of fluff and for any romantic, that's what counts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love!   Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:49 am

artanyus wrote:
I am a huge fan of Eight. Having seen the movie, and a good portion of Classic Who, there are episodes that are far worse than the movie. The movie clearly shows it was americanized in many regards but it wasn't all that bad.

Eight is definitely canon, his audios I consider canon and are very well done. He is every bit the romantic, and the movie really showed that part.

I would take Paul McGann as Eight any day over Colin Baker's Sixth Doctor to be honest. I know not everyone likes Eight, or the movie for that fact, that is their choice.

Long live Eight.

WHOO!!

High-fives for you!

Yes, may Eight's reign live forever and ever!

I still love Eight's remark about being called "Tigger" and his exclamation, "I LOVE TIGGER!" Eight is definitely my Doctor through and through, flaws and all! And I don't care about the Americanization, because the romance was just plain adorable. I'm a romantic, so sue me. Razz
~
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love!   Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:51 am



Wait... you're not Eight... or maybe this is him during his time on Orbis. Very Happy

~
Back to top Go down
artanyus
RANK: Time Lord Commoner


Number of posts : 1513
Age : 34
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love!   Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:00 am

a1cmustangpilot wrote:
artanyus wrote:
I am a huge fan of Eight. Having seen the movie, and a good portion of Classic Who, there are episodes that are far worse than the movie. The movie clearly shows it was americanized in many regards but it wasn't all that bad.

Eight is definitely canon, his audios I consider canon and are very well done. He is every bit the romantic, and the movie really showed that part.

I would take Paul McGann as Eight any day over Colin Baker's Sixth Doctor to be honest. I know not everyone likes Eight, or the movie for that fact, that is their choice.

Long live Eight.

WHOO!!

High-fives for you!

Yes, may Eight's reign live forever and ever!

I still love Eight's remark about being called "Tigger" and his exclamation, "I LOVE TIGGER!" Eight is definitely my Doctor through and through, flaws and all! And I don't care about the Americanization, because the romance was just plain adorable. I'm a romantic, so sue me. Razz
~

I totally forgot about that remark. And yes, I loved his response to that too. It was classic. The romance was adorable. It seemed to fit with a lot of the movies that were coming out at that time. Nothing wrong with being a romantic. We can just have our own fun. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jaredofmo
RANK: Time Lord President Elect


Number of posts : 6854
Age : 30
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love!   Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:00 am

I've only experienced 8's adventures in the TV movie, and despite everything else, I thought Paul McGann was the best thing about it, offering an energetic and charismatic Doctor. I didn't think the character felt "Americanized," but the plot was.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love!   Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:04 am

jaredofmo wrote:
I've only experienced 8's adventures in the TV movie, and despite everything else, I thought Paul McGann was the best thing about it, offering an energetic and charismatic Doctor. I didn't think the character felt "Americanized," but the plot was.

Maybe I'm too American and too much of a romantic to notice the American plot... :/ I mean, I couldn't help but notice how American Nicolas Cage was as Captain Antonio Corelli despite the accent... but this movie, I just loved it regardless of the cliche plot. It was cute!

~
Back to top Go down
 
Eighth Doctor, canon... needs some love!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: