Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 

SILENCE WILL FALL(discussion)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2106
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: SILENCE WILL FALL(discussion)   Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:51 pm

ok, so, we have another "arc" that will hopefully be figured out by the end of next series. "silence will fall". there is the mysterious voice, the control of the tardis that made it explode, perhaps even the organizing of the "alliance" and the maker of the pandorica, but is there more?

going back through this series, there are a couple of unanswered questions, and perhaps, with anyone's help, you can point out more.

first off, the smilers. half-human, half-robot(?), what really were the smilers, and what was their real motive?

B: when amy was in the "forget" booth in the beast below, she got a message from herself begging her not to let the doctor continue to investigate. is this really a clue from the "silence will fall" arc? perhaps the doctor's involvement in the beast below will lead to the "silence will fall"?

3: the voice. it's either a really angry old person(hawthorne?), or it could be the voice of the smilers. they sounded robotic, and the voice kept repeating "silence will fall"

my thoughts are that perhaps the adventure with the beast below will somehow tie into the arc. we already saw the return of liz10 in the pandorica opens, and i don't think it will be the last time we will see her. if she gets killed helping the doctor, could the "silence will fall" be some kind of revenge from the smilers?

just some random thoughts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: SILENCE WILL FALL(discussion)   Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:44 pm

I understand that the next series will be all about River Song. I would like one series of just unconnected adventures. Nice to have the Doctor become a galactic wanderer again.
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

PostSubject: Re: SILENCE WILL FALL(discussion)   Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:06 pm

ok, something else, and correct me if i'm wrong. there were all the eyeball references this series. the giant eyeball watching prisoner zero. the giant eyeball atraxi. the eye watching river song through the computer in flesh and stone. do you think that will be revealed next series, or they were just red herrings to this series ender?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jfh1970

Number of posts : 1841
Registration date : 2010-02-13

PostSubject: Re: SILENCE WILL FALL(discussion)   Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:17 am

I don't know why but the eyeball reference made me think about Davros and the one funtioning eyeball in the middle of his head. Perhaps he's behind the voice?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: SILENCE WILL FALL(discussion)   Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:39 pm

Davros has shown a willingness to destroy all of creation.

At the same time, I'm actually hoping the author behind "Silence Will Fall" is a new player. The void left by the Time Lords is one that has to be filled eventually. We've only gotten mentioning of "Time Agents" and their "Vortex Manipulators".

Perhaps they're interwoven into whomever was behind the plot of Series 5.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rocco

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2010-06-30

PostSubject: Re: SILENCE WILL FALL(discussion)   Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:41 am

jfh1970 wrote:
I don't know why but the eyeball reference made me think about Davros and the one funtioning eyeball in the middle of his head. Perhaps he's behind the voice?

Are you in my head? That was my EXACT thought when watching the Episode. It was an old crackling voice which Davros has.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bret_owen99

PostSubject: Re: SILENCE WILL FALL(discussion)   Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:39 pm

i have a new thought. what if the whole "silence will fall" is the return of the vashta nerada. let me explain my thoughts.

first off, that phrase kept repeating over an over, like a broken record. that's how the vashta nerada talked through the space suits in "silence in the library". second, there's the title right there, "silence" in the library. it's silent, because they ate everyone.

third, the doctor stopped rory in vampires in venice, and they couldn't hear anything. it was silent. what if the vashta nerada took controll of the tardis, and went throughout time and space eating everyone? that would certainly cause silence to fall throughout time and space. (i guess the doctor would have to use the big bang 3 to restart the universe again).

just wanted to share my thoughts, since it occured to me that moffat likes bringing back his baddies, and he hasn't yet brought back the vashta nerada.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

SILENCE WILL FALL(discussion)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: