Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers
 
HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 
 

 Johnny Depp as the Doctor? NO! Oh... It's all good now.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jaredofmo
RANK: Time Lord President Elect


Number of posts : 6854
Age : 30
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Johnny Depp as the Doctor? NO! Oh... It's all good now.   Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:56 pm

This article kind of set me in a "No no no no no NOOOOO!!!" mode until I checked their source, which was this page.

Honestly, I think a Doctor Who movie would be awesome, but I think it should also cross-promote the show, so doing an "adaptation" shouldn't happen. It should let people who haven't seen the show know what it's about while giving us an amazing story that's just too big for the BBC to have on TV, starring the current Doctor.

I know some people have said they should do an Eighth Doctor movie covering the Time War and showing McGann regenerate into Eccleston, but I think that'd be too much for new fans.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ReverendKain
RANK: Prime Minister


Number of posts : 636
Age : 31
Registration date : 2010-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Depp as the Doctor? NO! Oh... It's all good now.   Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:01 pm

Yeah, it needs to be in continuity, but not full of it, if you get my meaning. Before he left I thought a 10 movie set in one of the bigger gaps between stories would be a good solution. It might still work any time now, but it'd be tough on the incumbent production team, I think.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jaredofmo
RANK: Time Lord President Elect


Number of posts : 6854
Age : 30
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Depp as the Doctor? NO! Oh... It's all good now.   Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:08 pm

ReverendKain wrote:
Yeah, it needs to be in continuity, but not full of it, if you get my meaning.

I know, or at least, introduce new viewers throughout the story, instead of a prologue or overbearing exposition scenes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
^o^CORVUS^o^
RANK: Prime Minister


Number of posts : 634
Age : 46
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Depp as the Doctor? NO! Oh... It's all good now.   Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:16 pm

Like RTD, save for a few brief snippets, the Time War should never be shown on screen. It could never properly capture the chaos and terror.

========================================
...^o^CORVUS^o^
Doctor Who: The Winds of Time
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://corvusonline.net/timewinds/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Johnny Depp as the Doctor? NO! Oh... It's all good now.   Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:23 pm

Okay, if Johnny Depp was his own Doctor fine... but if he was to be taking Paul McGann's role as Eight... I'd freakin leave the franchise for good.

~
Back to top Go down
DacaZ
RANK: Brigadier


Number of posts : 418
Age : 44
Registration date : 2009-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Depp as the Doctor? NO! Oh... It's all good now.   Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:26 pm

The last thing I want to see is the continuity jump the shark. The thing I love about the 2005 series so much is that its not a reboot. I don't think I could warm up to that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.figurefanzero.com
jfh1970
RANK: Time Lord Council Guard


Number of posts : 1841
Age : 45
Registration date : 2010-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Depp as the Doctor? NO! Oh... It's all good now.   Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:46 pm

Did this bit of news report that Lady Gag GaGa would be the companion too? Laughing

I really don't think we have anything to worry about. Depp is too busy playing Barnabas Collins for the new Dark Shadows movie that's coming out. affraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Johnny Depp as the Doctor? NO! Oh... It's all good now.   Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:50 pm

And the fourth Pirates of the Caribbean movie... which sadly didn't get lost in the crack... *sigh*

~
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
RANK: Time Lord Council Guard


Number of posts : 1841
Age : 45
Registration date : 2010-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Depp as the Doctor? NO! Oh... It's all good now.   Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:57 pm

a1cmustangpilot wrote:
And the fourth Pirates of the Caribbean movie... which sadly didn't get lost in the crack... *sigh*

~

I heard that Orlando Bloom isn't even going to be in it. What's that about?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Johnny Depp as the Doctor? NO! Oh... It's all good now.   Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:01 pm

jfh1970 wrote:
a1cmustangpilot wrote:
And the fourth Pirates of the Caribbean movie... which sadly didn't get lost in the crack... *sigh*

~

I heard that Orlando Bloom isn't even going to be in it. What's that about?

That I'm glad about. The whole thing can go to the bottom of the abyss for all I care. I love the first movie, the second one was meh, the third one... ha, what was that again? No, just no... that ship has sailed.

Back to Orlando Bloom, I've heard this since the third movie came out, but basically they're over with the Will Turner and Elizabeth Swann arc and are focusing more on the pirates. I think that this will be more fun as I got seriously irritated with Elizabeth, whom I really liked in the first movie.

They killed off my favourite character, so yeah, this franchise can just go sink itself. Crying or Very sad
~
Back to top Go down
Calixar
RANK: Time Lord Commoner


Number of posts : 1216
Age : 48
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Depp as the Doctor? NO! Oh... It's all good now.   Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:28 pm

What I've read about the source for PotC4 sounds good. It's loosely based on a novel about a pirate named Jack trying to find The Fountain of Youth before Blackbeard.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Johnny Depp as the Doctor? NO! Oh... It's all good now.   Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:45 pm

Calixar wrote:
What I've read about the source for PotC4 sounds good. It's loosely based on a novel about a pirate named Jack trying to find The Fountain of Youth before Blackbeard.

As long as it isn't some exasperatingly long insufferable movie that was the third movie, I think I'll be okay with that idea. I like the idea of a pirate-pirate movie. Just not this weird thing that was created.

~
Back to top Go down
artanyus
RANK: Time Lord Commoner


Number of posts : 1513
Age : 34
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Depp as the Doctor? NO! Oh... It's all good now.   Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:27 pm

In regards to PotC4. The one major drawback to the movie being good is that it will not be filmed on location like it has been for the other three movies. This one will be filmed mostly in the UK and not the Caribbean like the first three. The reason being is that the studio cut their budget severely and they can't get the tax breaks like they wanted except in the UK.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jfh1970
RANK: Time Lord Council Guard


Number of posts : 1841
Age : 45
Registration date : 2010-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Depp as the Doctor? NO! Oh... It's all good now.   Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:55 am

a1cmustangpilot wrote:
jfh1970 wrote:
a1cmustangpilot wrote:
And the fourth Pirates of the Caribbean movie... which sadly didn't get lost in the crack... *sigh*

~

I heard that Orlando Bloom isn't even going to be in it. What's that about?

That I'm glad about. The whole thing can go to the bottom of the abyss for all I care. I love the first movie, the second one was meh, the third one... ha, what was that again? No, just no... that ship has sailed.

Back to Orlando Bloom, I've heard this since the third movie came out, but basically they're over with the Will Turner and Elizabeth Swann arc and are focusing more on the pirates. I think that this will be more fun as I got seriously irritated with Elizabeth, whom I really liked in the first movie.

They killed off my favourite character, so yeah, this franchise can just go sink itself. Crying or Very sad
~

I've only seen the first one and I don't even remember any of it. I guess that just shows how much I enjoyed it. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Johnny Depp as the Doctor? NO! Oh... It's all good now.   Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:04 am

jfh1970 wrote:
a1cmustangpilot wrote:
jfh1970 wrote:
a1cmustangpilot wrote:
And the fourth Pirates of the Caribbean movie... which sadly didn't get lost in the crack... *sigh*

~

I heard that Orlando Bloom isn't even going to be in it. What's that about?

That I'm glad about. The whole thing can go to the bottom of the abyss for all I care. I love the first movie, the second one was meh, the third one... ha, what was that again? No, just no... that ship has sailed.

Back to Orlando Bloom, I've heard this since the third movie came out, but basically they're over with the Will Turner and Elizabeth Swann arc and are focusing more on the pirates. I think that this will be more fun as I got seriously irritated with Elizabeth, whom I really liked in the first movie.

They killed off my favourite character, so yeah, this franchise can just go sink itself. Crying or Very sad
~

I've only seen the first one and I don't even remember any of it. I guess that just shows how much I enjoyed it. Laughing

At least I didn't spoil you on it. I won't say who my favourite character is so that way if/when you see it, you won't already know. But no, for the fourth movie the whole Will Turner and Elizabeth Swann thing will have ended, thankfully. By the time you get to the end of the third movie... and I do mean, FINALLY get to the end... you'll be glad it's over for them.

The first movie is the best, and the only one I will actually pay attention to. The others are, well, crap. But again, most of my anger comes from losing my favourite character ontop of Jack Sparrow becoming ridiculously irritating.
~
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
RANK: Time Lord Council Guard


Number of posts : 1841
Age : 45
Registration date : 2010-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Depp as the Doctor? NO! Oh... It's all good now.   Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:42 am

Now I'm intirgued. I'll have to check NetFlix to see if they have any of these films for streaming.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
Johnny Depp as the Doctor? NO! Oh... It's all good now.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: