Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 

S5E12: The Pandorica Opens (Spoilers)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Rate: S5E12: The Pandorica Opens
Fantastic episode! Brilliant! Molto benne!
60%
 60% [ 26 ]
Good episode!
23%
 23% [ 10 ]
Okay/average episode.
5%
 5% [ 2 ]
Disappointing episode.
7%
 7% [ 3 ]
RUBBISH episode!
5%
 5% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 43

AuthorMessage

PostSubject: S5E12: The Pandorica Opens (Spoilers)   Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:32 pm

Spoilers, spoilers, spoilers!

LOOKS IMMENSE!
Back to top Go down
beep

Number of posts : 807
Registration date : 2009-07-23

PostSubject: Re: S5E12: The Pandorica Opens (Spoilers)   Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:20 pm

Ok,so the alien list for this story is currently:
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: S5E12: The Pandorica Opens (Spoilers)   Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:26 pm

beep wrote:
Ok,so the alien list for this story is currently:
Spoiler:

B-L-I-M-E-Y-! Surprised
Back to top Go down
DacaZ

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2009-06-07

PostSubject: Re: S5E12: The Pandorica Opens (Spoilers)   Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:27 pm

I'm really looking forward to this one. Interesting that the only alien out of the list I saw was a Cyberman. I wonder how many of them will actually make appearances.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.figurefanzero.com

PostSubject: Re: S5E12: The Pandorica Opens (Spoilers)   Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:01 am

I wonder why almost all of the new series monsters are coming together?

And surely, Daleks would never create an alliance with any other species? This leads me to think that the rumour about this serious being a fake reality is true, and hopefully we'll get our beloved 2005 Daleks back!
Back to top Go down
DacaZ

PostSubject: Re: S5E12: The Pandorica Opens (Spoilers)   Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:44 am

Maybe they are all fighting each other for whatever power is inside the Pandoricum.

Or perhaps as the name suggests, it creates chaos for some unkown purpose by bringing together all the warlike aliens.

Lots of possibilities.

I saw quite a few Sontaran ships in that trailer, but I hope they get some screen time as well.

Also Joanna Page is billed as playing a Time Lady in this one and the next one. Interesting!
Back to top Go down
jfh1970

Number of posts : 1841
Registration date : 2010-02-13

PostSubject: Re: S5E12: The Pandorica Opens (Spoilers)   Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:10 pm

Speaking of warlike aliens did anyone else get goosebumps when there was mention of Chelonians? I wonder if these NAs 7th Doctor's enemies will actually make an appearace or if this is just name dropping? It would be interesting to see if these guys actually show up and look anything like they do in the books.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DacaZ

PostSubject: Re: S5E12: The Pandorica Opens (Spoilers)   Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:00 pm

The Cybermen have already been well represented in the trailer... this shot shows just a Dalek and a Judoon and... oh, looky here... maybe I'll have reason to pick up one of those Hoix figures after all.

Darn Roman capes may be covering up someone else in the backdrop. But no Sontarans Sad

At least the Judoon or back. They're my favorite of all the modern series aliens.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6854
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: S5E12: The Pandorica Opens (Spoilers)   Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:08 pm

DacaZ wrote:
Also Joanna Page is billed as playing a Time Lady in this one and the next one. Interesting!

Her Wikipedia page bills her as ... The Rani...

TWO WEEKS!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jfh1970

PostSubject: Re: S5E12: The Pandorica Opens (Spoilers)   Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:39 pm

jaredofmo wrote:
DacaZ wrote:

Her Wikipedia page bills her as ... The Rani...

TWO WEEKS!

If this turns out to be true, then you'll find me in hospital suffering from a major Whogasm. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DacaZ

PostSubject: Re: S5E12: The Pandorica Opens (Spoilers)   Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:01 pm

Holy Crap!!!!
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2106
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: S5E12: The Pandorica Opens (Spoilers)   Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:32 pm

ok, since this says spoilers, let's have theories. do you think the rani is in the pandorica, trapped since before the timewar? do you think it's the long-awaited return of omega? the dreamlord? tom baker? theories people, i demand theories!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wes Crayon

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: S5E12: The Pandorica Opens (Spoilers)   Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:22 pm

I think I liked the Gillian Anderson rumor better, but this works for me too. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.scary-crayon.com/
mysterylad

Number of posts : 1653
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: S5E12: The Pandorica Opens (Spoilers)   Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:30 pm

The Rani being involved in the story might also explain how it was that in this past episode, someone was attempting to build a TARDIS...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.cmichaelhall.com
jfh1970

PostSubject: Re: S5E12: The Pandorica Opens (Spoilers)   Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:49 am

mysterylad wrote:
The Rani being involved in the story might also explain how it was that in this past episode, someone was attempting to build a TARDIS...

Perhaps The Lodger, The Pandorica Opens and The Big Bang are all connected?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
smithygod

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2010-05-31

PostSubject: Re: S5E12: The Pandorica Opens (Spoilers)   Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:58 am

You know the eternal dalek.
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: S5E12: The Pandorica Opens (Spoilers)   Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:26 am

DrWhoRules wrote:
You know the eternal dalek.
Spoiler:

Yeah, I heard this too. Should be interesting!
Back to top Go down
jfh1970

PostSubject: Re: S5E12: The Pandorica Opens (Spoilers)   Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:27 pm

Let me guess it's alway giving birth to baby Daleks? Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
beep

Number of posts : 807
Registration date : 2009-07-23

PostSubject: Re: S5E12: The Pandorica Opens (Spoilers)   Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:04 pm

I'm guessing the eternal can survive changes to the time continnum and stuff.It's a time-sensitive dalek,thats my guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: S5E12: The Pandorica Opens (Spoilers)   Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:16 pm

My guess is that he's 'the messiah of all Daleks'. This would be pretty awesome! I can see it now, "All hail the eternal Dalek, for he is the son of the Emperor (God) and is the messiah and savior of all Daleks!".

Just an idea Smile.
Back to top Go down
smithygod

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2010-05-31

PostSubject: Re: S5E12: The Pandorica Opens (Spoilers)   Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:54 pm

scarywood wrote:
My guess is that he's 'the messiah of all Daleks'. This would be pretty awesome! I can see it now, "All hail the eternal Dalek, for he is the son of the Emperor (God) and is the messiah and savior of all Daleks!".

Just an idea Smile.

Yeah I think he's replacing the emperor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: S5E12: The Pandorica Opens (Spoilers)   Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:07 pm

This is taken from a report that UK "What's on TV" Magazine published today in this weeks new issue:

"When artist Vincent Van Gogh has a vision of great importance to the Doctor, he puts a message into a painting. This, with the help of wartime PM Chruchill and future monarch Liz Ten, springs the imprisoned archaeologist River Song into action. She travels the lenght of the galaxy to warn the Doctor and Amy that the 'Pandorica' is opening..."

So we're not just see old enemies, but allies too!
Back to top Go down
jfh1970

PostSubject: Re: S5E12: The Pandorica Opens (Spoilers)   Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:01 pm

So where does this happen in River's timeline? I was hoping that when the Doctor met up with her again it would be before she met him for the Weeping Angels.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: S5E12: The Pandorica Opens (Spoilers)   Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:56 pm

jfh1970 wrote:
So where does this happen in River's timeline? I was hoping that when the Doctor met up with her again it would be before she met him for the Weeping Angels.

I imagine, as the TV mag says she is imprisoned, its after the Weeping Angels BUT, if this "good man" is the Doctor, then it could be before the Weeping Angels...
Back to top Go down
mysterylad

Number of posts : 1653
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: S5E12: The Pandorica Opens (Spoilers)   Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:20 pm

MEGA-SPOILER!!!!

At Peter McKinstry's site, I saw leaked concept art showing what's inside the Pandorica. Don't look at this if you don't want to know...

Spoiler:

Needless to say, the images aren't on his site anymore, but they're still floating around a few other places.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.cmichaelhall.com

S5E12: The Pandorica Opens (Spoilers)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Episode Discussion-
Jump to: