Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 

WhoFan DVD vs. BBC DVD

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
gregtdj

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-06-19

PostSubject: WhoFan DVD vs. BBC DVD   Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:18 am

I'm not sure who will know what I'm talking about on this one, but still...

I have seen the WhoFan DVD for a few of the new series episodes and the content is rich. It usually includes the companion episode of Confidential and stray interviews or segments from various BBC shows, and a commentary track.

Not having seen the BBC issued multi-episode collection DVDs like the ones for Series 2 or the complete set from Series 1, my question is, which one offers more of a deeper look about each episode? What exactly do you get on the BBC DVDs?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: WhoFan DVD vs. BBC DVD   Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:31 pm

The commercial releases have Doctor Who Condfidential CutDown. which is exactly what it is. The ones presented on the DVD's are only 15 minutes long. I have seen some of the confidentials for this season so I can see what the difference will be when they come out. It looks like the vintage footage is removed for clearance reasons.

There are the commentaries on the commercial DVD's also.

And they are the OFFICIAL versions. I used to videotape Doctor Who off of wttw 11 when it was on. But I only had those for my private use. Which did not infringe on the copyright laws.

I am not going to lie and say that I have not seen the online or home copied versions. But I do purchase the official sanctioned versions to support the program. Not to mention the quality is vastly superior. I do have copies of Torchwood that would rival commercial release.

I have a home video of me answering phones on PBS followed by some out takes and bits and pieces from comedy shows or interviews. I have never sold this but I do share it with friends so they can get a laugh and enjoy the program more.
Back to top Go down

WhoFan DVD vs. BBC DVD
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: