Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store

Share | 

S5ep11 The Lodger

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

rate S5ep11 The Lodger
Brilliant, fanTAStic
32%
 32% [ 13 ]
good episonde
46%
 46% [ 19 ]
mm...Ok
15%
 15% [ 6 ]
Disappointing
5%
 5% [ 2 ]
Huh? That was rubbish
2%
 2% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 41

AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: S5ep11 The Lodger   Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:56 am

Calixar, my take was that the unnamed villan we hear saying Silence Will Fall is the one who likely set up the Alliance, took over the Tardis while River was in it and tried to destroy the universe. His true identity is still unknown, but is still around, just thwarted for now, as acknowledged by The Doctor as he leaves in the Tardis post wedding. That will be picked up in Season Six.

The Tardis in The Lodger appears to be a mystery for now. I suppose you could write it off as an occurence for The Lodger Ep only but given Moffat's scattering of clues that resurface later, I am wondering if it is indeed a clue or a red herring. Again, you don't see many Tardises around; if an attempt to build something like one, who has that know how ? If it really was one, where is the Time Lord who once flew it or the person who stole it from the original pilot?
Back to top Go down
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: S5ep11 The Lodger   Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:03 pm

True.
I have enjoyed how he planted seeds for his era in the scripts he wrote during Tennant's time. They can stand alone if need be, but he can surprise you later with, oh, by the way, that little detail back there is now this big thing!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9511
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: S5ep11 The Lodger   Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:39 pm

In the latest issue of DWM, Moffet hints that the clue for the answers has already seen, and staring us in the face. Maybe it does have something to do with this TARDIS like vehicle. Maybe it doesn't.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Redfern

Number of posts : 1203
Registration date : 2009-02-13

PostSubject: Re: S5ep11 The Lodger   Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:38 am

A new tidbit about the lodger from "Blastr" (yes, there is no "E"), the updated "news" service associated which SyFy (formerly the "SciFi Channel)...

http://blastr.com/2010/08/unedited-script-reveals-c.php

In early, early drafts, Gareth Roberts says the prickly villain from series 18, Meglos, would have returned. Obviously, the story was severely restructured.

Sincerely,

Bill
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.mzzkiti.com

PostSubject: Re: S5ep11 The Lodger   Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:14 pm

I loved this episode. The shower scene, Matt making an omlet, and football scene were my favorites. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: S5ep11 The Lodger   Today at 4:01 am

Back to top Go down

S5ep11 The Lodger
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Episode Discussion-
Jump to: