Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store

Share | 

S5E10: Vincent and the Doctor

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Rate S5E10: Vincent and the Doctor
Fantastic episode! Brilliant! Molto benne!
66%
 66% [ 33 ]
Good episode!
20%
 20% [ 10 ]
Okay episode.
10%
 10% [ 5 ]
Disappointing episode.
2%
 2% [ 1 ]
Absolutely atrocious!
2%
 2% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 50

AuthorMessage

PostSubject: S5E10: Vincent and the Doctor   Sat May 29, 2010 3:06 pm

Woo! As per usual, spoilers, spoilers, spoilers! So keep out if you don't want any!

DISCUSS!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: S5E10: Vincent and the Doctor   Sat May 29, 2010 5:12 pm

If this is the one with Vincent Van Gogh, the actor who is going to be playing him is BRILLIANT! I've seen him in a few things and I absolutely adore him! I haven't seen the trailer for this yet, but I can already tell, it's going to be one of my favourites.
~
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: S5E10: Vincent and the Doctor   Sat May 29, 2010 5:33 pm

a1cmustangpilot wrote:
If this is the one with Vincent Van Gogh, the actor who is going to be playing him is BRILLIANT! I've seen him in a few things and I absolutely adore him! I haven't seen the trailer for this yet, but I can already tell, it's going to be one of my favourites.
~

Yes, indeed it is Vincent Van Gogh. The trailer is rather thrilling and I too can't wait to see this episode!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: S5E10: Vincent and the Doctor   Sat May 29, 2010 5:41 pm

scarywood wrote:
a1cmustangpilot wrote:
~

Yes, indeed it is Vincent Van Gogh. The trailer is rather thrilling and I too can't wait to see this episode!

Van Gogh is definitely one of my favourite artists so this one has me excited and a bit anxious. It's similar to the anxiety that I had with "Victory". I hope they make a figure of him. Heeeeeeee!
~
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: S5E10: Vincent and the Doctor   Sat May 29, 2010 5:48 pm

a1cmustangpilot wrote:
scarywood wrote:
a1cmustangpilot wrote:
~

Van Gogh is definitely one of my favourite artists so this one has me excited and a bit anxious. It's similar to the anxiety that I had with "Victory". I hope they make a figure of him. Heeeeeeee!
~

They probably won't make a figure of him, I'm afraid. They never do make figures of historical (no pun intended here) figures. Its been the same with Charles Dickens, Queen Victoria, Shakespeare, Agnatha Christie and now Vincent Van Gogh. I don't know why.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: S5E10: Vincent and the Doctor   Sat May 29, 2010 5:51 pm

scarywood wrote:
a1cmustangpilot wrote:
scarywood wrote:
a1cmustangpilot wrote:
~

~

They probably won't make a figure of him, I'm afraid. They never do make figures of historical (no pun intended here) figures. Its been the same with Charles Dickens, Queen Victoria, Shakespeare, Agnatha Christie and now Vincent Van Gogh. I don't know why.

Hmm that is true. Darn. Oh well. I am still giddy about this episode, though I haven't seen the trailer for it yet.
~
Back to top Go down
beep

Number of posts : 807
Registration date : 2009-07-23

PostSubject: Re: S5E10: Vincent and the Doctor   Sat May 29, 2010 6:44 pm

scarywood wrote:
a1cmustangpilot wrote:
scarywood wrote:
a1cmustangpilot wrote:
~

~

You forgot churchill Razz

EDIT: Oh,and technically Adelaide was a historical figure,just one thats not existed yet. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DacaZ

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2009-06-07

PostSubject: Re: S5E10: Vincent and the Doctor   Sat May 29, 2010 7:23 pm

Van Gogh is played by Tony Curran. He's been in a crapload of stuff, but the only role I remember seeing him in was the remake of Flight of the Phoenix.

He's an amazing fit for the part. I'm looking forward to this. The Doctor should uphold tradition by writing THIS IS A FAKE on some of his blank canvas.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.figurefanzero.com

PostSubject: Re: S5E10: Vincent and the Doctor   Sun May 30, 2010 5:21 am

beep wrote:
scarywood wrote:
a1cmustangpilot wrote:
scarywood wrote:
a1cmustangpilot wrote:
~

~

You forgot churchill Razz

EDIT: Oh,and technically Adelaide was a historical figure,just one thats not existed yet. Razz

I knew there was someone else! I knew it, but couldn't remember! Laughing
Back to top Go down
jfh1970

Number of posts : 1841
Registration date : 2010-02-13

PostSubject: Re: S5E10: Vincent and the Doctor   Sun May 30, 2010 8:03 pm

It's going to be cool to see Bill Nighy as well. One of my favorite actors that I have always wished got the part of the Doctor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
artanyus

Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: S5E10: Vincent and the Doctor   Sun May 30, 2010 9:52 pm

While this episode looks really good, and has some great actors in it, given the series track record, I want to be excited to see it, but I also don't want to be let down. I guess in this case, I'm going in with little excitement and if it really excites me, then great, if not, I won't be as let down and disappointed about the show's failure to deliver on greatness.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
^o^CORVUS^o^

Number of posts : 634
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: S5E10: Vincent and the Doctor   Sun May 30, 2010 10:48 pm

I'm really looking forward to this one Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://corvusonline.net/timewinds/
CrochetOwl

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: S5E10: Vincent and the Doctor   Mon May 31, 2010 2:13 pm

I think this is really the only episode I'm looking forward to this season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vicki

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: S5E10: Vincent and the Doctor   Mon May 31, 2010 2:20 pm

Hmm..I love Bill Nighy. Still reeling from last episode, but I'm trying to look forward and move on! The preview looks good, though! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.livejournal.com/users/fleurette
Wes Crayon

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: S5E10: Vincent and the Doctor   Mon May 31, 2010 9:28 pm

Such excitement about this episode!

I'm not looking forward to seeing it at all, considering how I've pretty much hated all of the current series episodes in which the Doctor has visited some historical figure (Dickens, Queen Victoria, Shakespeare, Christie, Churchill...).

But a1 -- I think Accoutrements did a Van Gogh figure in the same scale as CO's Doctor Who line!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.scary-crayon.com/
jfh1970

PostSubject: Re: S5E10: Vincent and the Doctor   Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:02 am

Wes Crayon wrote:
Such excitement about this episode!

I'm not looking forward to seeing it at all, considering how I've pretty much hated all of the current series episodes in which the Doctor has visited some historical figure (Dickens, Queen Victoria, Shakespeare, Christie, Churchill...).

But a1 -- I think Accoutrements did a Van Gogh figure in the same scale as CO's Doctor Who line!

You're right they have. There's some differences but their figures compliment CO's pretty well. One time I had their librarian figure that I used for Evelyn Smythe as well as their Oscar Wilde that I used to stand in for the Eighth Doctor. WhoNA even sold the Wilde figure on here too. BTW Accoutrements has also put out Dickens and Shakespeare figures as well. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: S5E10: Vincent and the Doctor   Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:22 am

Oh wow, the resemblence between the 8th Doctor and Oscar Wilde as well as Casanova are well... I think Gemini would allow that to be a temporary Eighth Doctor. Very Happy
~
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: S5E10: Vincent and the Doctor   Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:28 am

............?!

This store is not only in my state but a mere half-hour away, at the most... it is an actual store...

*hurries through the website*

EXPLAIN!!
~
Back to top Go down
jfh1970

PostSubject: Re: S5E10: Vincent and the Doctor   Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:48 am

a1cmustangpilot wrote:
EXPLAIN!!

That you're very lucky indeed. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: S5E10: Vincent and the Doctor   Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:44 am

a1cmustangpilot wrote:
............?!

This store is not only in my state but a mere half-hour away, at the most... it is an actual store...

*hurries through the website*

EXPLAIN!!
~

This is exactly how I felt when I first found out there was an FP store just 15 minutes away from me. I'd been shopping with them online for years and one day, I was walking through a part of town I'd never been before only to find there was an FP store! I was filled with nerd joy! Very Happy

Then, a couple of months ago, I found out there was a comic book shop 5 minutes away from the FP store which was EVEN better than the FP store. They still have figures from the original X-Wave!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Wes Crayon

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: S5E10: Vincent and the Doctor   Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:14 am

X-Wave?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.scary-crayon.com/

PostSubject: Re: S5E10: Vincent and the Doctor   Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:17 am

Wes Crayon wrote:
X-Wave?

The first wave of Doctor Who figures. You know, Dalek, Slitheen, Doctor, Cassandra etc etc. Collectors seemed to have nicknamed it X-Wave, you see, as it wasn't based on a particular series or episode.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: S5E10: Vincent and the Doctor   Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:00 pm

jfh1970 wrote:
a1cmustangpilot wrote:
EXPLAIN!!

That you're very lucky indeed. Smile

Sadly, the store is a bit more south than I would have liked. Apparently, their werehouse is in Mulkiteo but their physical store is down past Greenlake, which is at the south end of Seattle, which is definitely too far for me to consider going down there. Not only that, but that area gives me the creeps!

However, I know that the toys will get here even faster because it's just a stone-throw away!
~
Back to top Go down
cyberwoman

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2010-05-09

PostSubject: Re: S5E10: Vincent and the Doctor   Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:30 pm

I think that Amy dies cause last Saturday there was a coffin on the trailer
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: S5E10: Vincent and the Doctor   Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:31 pm

cyberwoman wrote:
I think that Amy dies cause last Saturday there was a coffin on the trailer

Well I really do hope that isn't true! I quite like Amy, just wish she wouldn't save the day all the time!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: S5E10: Vincent and the Doctor   Today at 3:49 pm

Back to top Go down

S5E10: Vincent and the Doctor
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Episode Discussion-
Jump to: