Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers
 
HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 
 

 Is anyone else experiencing Dalek fatigue? (spoilers)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else experiencing Dalek fatigue? (spoilers)   Sat May 01, 2010 10:03 pm

scarywood wrote:


I'm really, really sorry. If only I knew, I wouldn't have said anything. Sometimes I can't control this horrible feeling for that terrible man.

I wasn't trying to call you a N. God, no! I too am very interested in WW2. I know very little about the types of planes and vehicles, but I know the basics on the battles and have been trying to improve that knowledge, both from the Allies' perspective and the enemies perspective.

I'm just sorry for triggering any bad memories and making you upset. Don't let the whole "Dalek = N" thing get to you. At the end of the day, Daleks are fictional and nothing on God's Earth could compare to N's. Just think of little Gemini, he's not a murderer! He's the cutest thing on Earth! And that is what the Daleks truly represent; Cute Dalek toys!

It's okay, I knew you weren't calling me a Nazi. I've been called a Nazi for merely pointing out to someone that their RPG picture was of an SS-Totenkampfverbande officer and them trying to constantly insist to me that their character was a regular soldier was troubling my mind. I was only pointing it out and the person called me a Nazi. So I abandoned the rpg and quit writing my WWII stories for the time.

The Nazis weren't the only sadistic regime to exist nor the first (or the last) to commit atrocities like they have. The Nazis were the worst, but the fact that our upstanding nations are flat-out ignoring genocide that is still happening in our world occur shows that truly nothing was learned. What scares me about the Daleks is that they don't necessarily represent the Nazis, but mankind when our actions go unchecked and ignored.

What bothers me about this subject is that in one of my fanfics, I am seeking to save a Wehrmacht soldier and the Dalek that she's voluntold into collaborating with. What's evil lies in the hearts of men, not necessarily the machine... which was the point that I was trying to make to some people in the past about my love for the warbirds and tanks of WWII. Machines just carry out the tasks that we appoint them. That's why I was so desperate to give some of the Daleks in my story a conscience, to see how they would react if their first response wasn't, "I must be exterminated!"

And yes, Gemini is a cute little Dalek. He gets a lot of abuse though from aliens and such who only see him as a proper Dalek and think that he wants to kill them all. Even Eight doesn't want him for a time. But then he learns that Gemini really is a good Dalek and protects him. Malefic though, the evil Dalek, goes out of his way to destroy Gemini, thus showing that Daleks still are the masters of evil. However, I don't think what humans do should be ignored either. Humanity is pretty awful to not only itself, but our environment and the creatures that live here.

Look at that Star Whale... Sad
~
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
RANK: The Doctor


Number of posts : 9504
Age : 53
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else experiencing Dalek fatigue? (spoilers)   Sun May 02, 2010 12:13 am

I, too, enjoy WW2 history, and collecting German, Japanese, British, Russian and US militaria. But to some minds, the fact I even own anything with a swastika makes me a nazi. They ignore the fact that it sits on a shelf with several US artifacts. I love building models of warbirds (Especially the Corsair!) and hate have to buy extra decals so I can put swastikas on my German models! (Did you know the Hindenburg had swastikas on it? ) I was lucky in High School, to have a vet for a history teacher who got me, and several of my classmates interested in the war. As to my interest in the German military, must be because of Col. Klink in Hogan's Heroes. I became fascinated by the uniforms they had on the show. The US troops never had anything so glamorous!

As for who scares me more, Cybermen or Daleks, it is by far the Cybermen. Sure, the Daleks exterminate trillions of beings, but the Cybermen do something far worse, let them live, but kill their personalities, steal their souls if you will. Inside each of those suits is a former human(maybe some aliens, too). Rotting, in a steel shell. No feelings, no emotion, nothing that made them human, but they aren't dead. A fate worse that a quick zap by a Dalek blaster.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else experiencing Dalek fatigue? (spoilers)   Sun May 02, 2010 12:50 am

Ronpur wrote:
I, too, enjoy WW2 history, and collecting German, Japanese, British, Russian and US militaria. But to some minds, the fact I even own anything with a swastika makes me a nazi. They ignore the fact that it sits on a shelf with several US artifacts. I love building models of warbirds (Especially the Corsair!) and hate have to buy extra decals so I can put swastikas on my German models! (Did you know the Hindenburg had swastikas on it? ) I was lucky in High School, to have a vet for a history teacher who got me, and several of my classmates interested in the war. As to my interest in the German military, must be because of Col. Klink in Hogan's Heroes. I became fascinated by the uniforms they had on the show. The US troops never had anything so glamorous!

As for who scares me more, Cybermen or Daleks, it is by far the Cybermen. Sure, the Daleks exterminate trillions of beings, but the Cybermen do something far worse, let them live, but kill their personalities, steal their souls if you will. Inside each of those suits is a former human(maybe some aliens, too). Rotting, in a steel shell. No feelings, no emotion, nothing that made them human, but they aren't dead. A fate worse that a quick zap by a Dalek blaster.

I'm sorry you were/are wrongly persecuted by people for owning Nazi memoriblia. It's just not fair, and what's really sad is that some people, even after exlaining it to them, will still write us off because of it and call us war-mongers on top of it. It's so annoying. But then again, those who forget the past are bound to repeat it, and it shows so painfully.

And yes, the Hindeberg did have one. In fact, the Swastika appeared in the Olympics too, I believe in 1932 and no one was afraid of it. It didn't become a symbol of tyranny and death for a few years. And, contrary to popular belief... not all Germans were Nazis nor were all the German soldiers Nazis. The Nazis were a political party and not all Germans belonged to it. Most of the Wehrmacht soldiers fought because it gave them a job to help support their family and get them out of debt (because Europe suffered a far worse depression than the US). Later people were forced to serve with the fear of being executed, taken to work camps, or having family members killed/taken to work camps.

Ronpour, the reasons you fear the Cybermen more than the Daleks is pretty much why I fear them more as well. With the Daleks, I know where I'd stand with them. EXTERMINATE! The Cybermen butcher you and keep you alive yet you're dead. To me, that's absolutely terrifying, moreso than just flat out being killed.
~
Back to top Go down
mysterylad
RANK: Time Lord Commoner


Number of posts : 1653
Age : 44
Registration date : 2009-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else experiencing Dalek fatigue? (spoilers)   Sun May 02, 2010 1:28 am

It was the 1936 Olympics you're thinking of, held in Berlin. My uncle boxed in those Olympics. He was on the side of my family that isn't Jewish.

If you think for one second that the swastika wasn't yet a symbol of fear and terror in '36, then you've got some bad info somewhere along the line. Hitler became chancellor of Germany in '33, and anti-Jewish legislation began almost immediately. There weren't camps yet, but there were plenty of scared people in Germany. If you're going to defend your interest in Nazi memorabilia on the grounds of its historical significance, be advised that line is much less offensive when you've actually got your history right.

Anyway, the Daleks are just characters in a sci-fi show, and we all love the stupid things. But they're not the good guys, and I've always been a little creeped-out by the more exuberant brands of Dalekmania.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.cmichaelhall.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else experiencing Dalek fatigue? (spoilers)   Sun May 02, 2010 2:00 am

mysterylad wrote:
It was the 1936 Olympics you're thinking of, held in Berlin. My uncle boxed in those Olympics. He was on the side of my family that isn't Jewish.

If you think for one second that the swastika wasn't yet a symbol of fear and terror in '36, then you've got some bad info somewhere along the line. Hitler became chancellor of Germany in '33, and anti-Jewish legislation began almost immediately. There weren't camps yet, but there were plenty of scared people in Germany. If you're going to defend your interest in Nazi memorabilia on the grounds of its historical significance, be advised that line is much less offensive when you've actually got your history right.

Anyway, the Daleks are just characters in a sci-fi show, and we all love the stupid things. But they're not the good guys, and I've always been a little creeped-out by the more exuberant brands of Dalekmania.

Sorry, I meant '36. It is clear to me that this subject is a touchy one to you so I am going to cease talking about this.
~
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
RANK: The Doctor


Number of posts : 9504
Age : 53
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else experiencing Dalek fatigue? (spoilers)   Sun May 02, 2010 5:51 am

Oh, there were people who fear the swastika and nazi from the beginning. They could see what the creeps were about. But too many just thought it was something that would pass. Even some of the Jews who were prosecuted early on would think that. They were German too, and loved their country, and did not want to believe it could continue, or get worse. Those who did see it, fled early. Those who didn't, were caught in the web of horror that would come.
Most Germans didn't want to see the evil that was in front of them, or were content to just let it happen to someone else. The symbol of the swastika on the party flag that was carried years before the nazis came to power did create fear, that was carried when the brown shirt thugs went on their rampage years before they even came to power. And it was everywhere. The power of symbols, propaganda, and the big rallies with all of the theatrical B.S. were ways of controlling the minds of the people. This just fascinates me, how people could fall for this. It is the reason I roll my eyes at the big patriotic trappings the modern political parties use during their campaigns and conventions. Visual propaganda, and it is very powerful stuff.
All of this brings up the question I have asked myself and others for years. A question that scares me more than anything.....what would I/you have done when the nazis came to power, join, resist or be a passive sheep? Sure every one says they would resist, but deep down inside, most people know they would have been passive, and done nothing. Keep your head down and live your life. It is a truly frightening question. And it is one reason, even today, that people should make sure they watch their political leaders and parties, and question them and never follow any one blindly. Or else we fall down that slippery slope to evil again. We MUST remember what happened, what the nazis did to Europe, the world, and to Germany. Otherwise, someday, the pounding at the door could be coming to drag you out at night, into the dark.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mysterylad
RANK: Time Lord Commoner


Number of posts : 1653
Age : 44
Registration date : 2009-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else experiencing Dalek fatigue? (spoilers)   Sun May 02, 2010 9:09 am

The question of "Would I/Wouldn't I?" when it comes to the kind of thing that happened under the Nazis is one of the most frightening questions in political philosophy, because as much as we all want to say "No," the historical record across the millennia would seem to say "Yes."

If your spirit can handle the challenge, read Tadeusz Borowski's This Way for the Gas, Ladies and Gentlemen and Victor Frankl's Man's Search for Meaning...truly shocking works.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.cmichaelhall.com
dalekskaro
RANK: UNIT Trooper


Number of posts : 15
Age : 28
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else experiencing Dalek fatigue? (spoilers)   Sun May 16, 2010 9:47 pm

slappy wrote:
I don't want to come off as a Dalek-hater, but three episodes into the 11th Doctor's tenure, and the Earth is threatened by Daleks. Again.

I love the Daleks*, but I feel like the writers use them too often. I always thought in the original series that the Daleks would appear once a season, and it would be a HUGE event. Now it doesn't feel like that anymore.

Maybe it was an RTD thing. I don't know. But my shoulders actually sank when I saw the silhouette behind Winston Churchill in the promo.

What do you guys think?

*I'm admittedly more of a Cyberman fan. Very Happy

I'm thoughly sick of them honestly -___- I love them as classic baddies but it would be nice if they would give it a rest for a season.

I was thinking "again?!?!" when I watched the promo for the episode. It was too soon in the new Doctor's tenure to already have to face down Daleks.

I love both cybermen and daleks but it's time to give both a breather and come up with some newer enemies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else experiencing Dalek fatigue? (spoilers)   Sun May 16, 2010 9:53 pm

dalekskaro wrote:
slappy wrote:
I don't want to come off as a Dalek-hater, but three episodes into the 11th Doctor's tenure, and the Earth is threatened by Daleks. Again.

I love the Daleks*, but I feel like the writers use them too often. I always thought in the original series that the Daleks would appear once a season, and it would be a HUGE event. Now it doesn't feel like that anymore.

Maybe it was an RTD thing. I don't know. But my shoulders actually sank when I saw the silhouette behind Winston Churchill in the promo.

What do you guys think?

*I'm admittedly more of a Cyberman fan. Very Happy

I'm thoughly sick of them honestly -___- I love them as classic baddies but it would be nice if they would give it a rest for a season.

I was thinking "again?!?!" when I watched the promo for the episode. It was too soon in the new Doctor's tenure to already have to face down Daleks.

I love both cybermen and daleks but it's time to give both a breather and come up with some newer enemies.

I must say, your answer is quite interesting considering the username you have chosen for yourself. :/
~
Back to top Go down
dalekskaro
RANK: UNIT Trooper


Number of posts : 15
Age : 28
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else experiencing Dalek fatigue? (spoilers)   Sun May 16, 2010 10:14 pm

a1cmustangpilot wrote:
dalekskaro wrote:
slappy wrote:
I don't want to come off as a Dalek-hater, but three episodes into the 11th Doctor's tenure, and the Earth is threatened by Daleks. Again.

I love the Daleks*, but I feel like the writers use them too often. I always thought in the original series that the Daleks would appear once a season, and it would be a HUGE event. Now it doesn't feel like that anymore.

Maybe it was an RTD thing. I don't know. But my shoulders actually sank when I saw the silhouette behind Winston Churchill in the promo.

What do you guys think?

*I'm admittedly more of a Cyberman fan. Very Happy

I'm thoughly sick of them honestly -___- I love them as classic baddies but it would be nice if they would give it a rest for a season.

I was thinking "again?!?!" when I watched the promo for the episode. It was too soon in the new Doctor's tenure to already have to face down Daleks.

I love both cybermen and daleks but it's time to give both a breather and come up with some newer enemies.

I must say, your answer is quite interesting considering the username you have chosen for yourself. :/
~

I think it's honestly just frustration on my part with what I found to be a weak half hearted dalek episode. Please don't get me wrong, I am a lover of Daleks old and new. But honestly one of the reasons I was so excited about the new doctor and new storyline was the hopes of newer monsters lurking in the shadows. Don't take it to mean I want to get rid of them all together! :/ Taking a breather from a monster doesn't diminish my admiration for the said monster. But a girl can only take so much rehashing before it wears down interest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else experiencing Dalek fatigue? (spoilers)   Sun May 16, 2010 10:26 pm

I understand. I practically hated that episode and found that it has been difficult to like Matt Smith as a result of that episode. I've grown used to the new Dalek look, although I highly doubt I'll use it in my fics and I'll just have to wait and see how it looks (as a toy) to decide whether or not I want to actually collect them.

I've been spoiled lately with Eight audio dramas and am getting a bit bored of "old villains". I love the Daleks too, but I hope that next season that the Daleks don't appear until later and don't get the near-wipe out thing... and aren't invading earth. If the audios can be creative, so can Moff... we hope.

The Weeping Angels got me excited, as did seeing the Daleks painted in WWII dark green (WWII buff). However, both stories were huge let-downs. And the new creatures, even more of a let-down. I just have very little interest in the new series.
~
Back to top Go down
dalekskaro
RANK: UNIT Trooper


Number of posts : 15
Age : 28
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else experiencing Dalek fatigue? (spoilers)   Sun May 16, 2010 11:14 pm

a1cmustangpilot wrote:
I understand. I practically hated that episode and found that it has been difficult to like Matt Smith as a result of that episode. I've grown used to the new Dalek look, although I highly doubt I'll use it in my fics and I'll just have to wait and see how it looks (as a toy) to decide whether or not I want to actually collect them.

I've been spoiled lately with Eight audio dramas and am getting a bit bored of "old villains". I love the Daleks too, but I hope that next season that the Daleks don't appear until later and don't get the near-wipe out thing... and aren't invading earth. If the audios can be creative, so can Moff... we hope.

The Weeping Angels got me excited, as did seeing the Daleks painted in WWII dark green (WWII buff). However, both stories were huge let-downs. And the new creatures, even more of a let-down. I just have very little interest in the new series.
~

considering the shoddy quality of episodes I think Smith is doing commendably. I hated several episodes from RTD but I think Tennant did a great job regardless. I love the weeping angels but I wasn't a huge fan of the smith episode part 2.

I'm too gunshy to post the fics I've written. I don't think I'm ready to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else experiencing Dalek fatigue? (spoilers)   Mon May 17, 2010 12:21 am

dalekskaro wrote:
a1cmustangpilot wrote:
I understand. I practically hated that episode and found that it has been difficult to like Matt Smith as a result of that episode. I've grown used to the new Dalek look, although I highly doubt I'll use it in my fics and I'll just have to wait and see how it looks (as a toy) to decide whether or not I want to actually collect them.

I've been spoiled lately with Eight audio dramas and am getting a bit bored of "old villains". I love the Daleks too, but I hope that next season that the Daleks don't appear until later and don't get the near-wipe out thing... and aren't invading earth. If the audios can be creative, so can Moff... we hope.

The Weeping Angels got me excited, as did seeing the Daleks painted in WWII dark green (WWII buff). However, both stories were huge let-downs. And the new creatures, even more of a let-down. I just have very little interest in the new series.
~

considering the shoddy quality of episodes I think Smith is doing commendably. I hated several episodes from RTD but I think Tennant did a great job regardless. I love the weeping angels but I wasn't a huge fan of the smith episode part 2.

I'm too gunshy to post the fics I've written. I don't think I'm ready to.

I understand about the fanfic. It takes time to feel comfortable in a place to share something that you've written. I was able to get over a bit of my shyness through posting pictures of my Doctor Who toys. Now my Dalek names and "good" Daleks has been mostly accepted, I'm not so shy anymore. So no worries, there is a section for posting your own work if you wish.
~
Back to top Go down
artanyus
RANK: Time Lord Commoner


Number of posts : 1513
Age : 34
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else experiencing Dalek fatigue? (spoilers)   Mon May 17, 2010 1:21 am

dalekskaro wrote:
slappy wrote:
I don't want to come off as a Dalek-hater, but three episodes into the 11th Doctor's tenure, and the Earth is threatened by Daleks. Again.

I love the Daleks*, but I feel like the writers use them too often. I always thought in the original series that the Daleks would appear once a season, and it would be a HUGE event. Now it doesn't feel like that anymore.

Maybe it was an RTD thing. I don't know. But my shoulders actually sank when I saw the silhouette behind Winston Churchill in the promo.

What do you guys think?

*I'm admittedly more of a Cyberman fan. Very Happy

I'm thoughly sick of them honestly -___- I love them as classic baddies but it would be nice if they would give it a rest for a season.

I was thinking "again?!?!" when I watched the promo for the episode. It was too soon in the new Doctor's tenure to already have to face down Daleks.

I love both cybermen and daleks but it's time to give both a breather and come up with some newer enemies.

Of all the classic baddies, we've sen the Daleks the most, and the Cybermen almost as much. The only classic baddie that we haven't seen much of are the Sontarans. I would be happy seeing some more of them, as well as some of the other classic aliens. I know we have the Silurians coming up sometimes in series 5 (next episode I think), and that is cool, but I agree, let's see some new aliens and perhaps the return of the classic aliens as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shatterbang
RANK: Prime Minister


Number of posts : 579
Age : 41
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else experiencing Dalek fatigue? (spoilers)   Tue May 18, 2010 10:08 pm

I'm bored to death of the Daleks. The we-swear-to-God-last-one-ever has been killed one too many times. Too much of a good thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://emerdelac.wordpress.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else experiencing Dalek fatigue? (spoilers)   Tue May 18, 2010 10:27 pm

Shatterbang wrote:
I'm bored to death of the Daleks. The we-swear-to-God-last-one-ever has been killed one too many times. Too much of a good thing.

That's not true though. When the Cult of Skaro showed up, they weren't all destroyed and even in "Evolution of the Daleks", Caan escaped. So they were only supposedly wiped out twice.
~
Back to top Go down
Shatterbang
RANK: Prime Minister


Number of posts : 579
Age : 41
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else experiencing Dalek fatigue? (spoilers)   Tue May 18, 2010 10:52 pm

Yeah but one of those was a really big one. ie the Time War. All the Daleks were supposed to have died, but they still managed to show up nearly every series.

The only reappearance of the Daleks I thoroughly was 'Dalek' in the first series. The one where they fought the Cyberman was OK - everything else = baaad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://emerdelac.wordpress.com
SeaDevil
RANK: Keeper of Traken


Number of posts : 5966
Age : 50
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else experiencing Dalek fatigue? (spoilers)   Thu May 20, 2010 10:19 am

They do kinda need a rest. If they or any other baddie keep showing up again and again, they lose some of their punch when they do reappear. Think the Master. And now would be a good time for the Daleks for me because I HATE the redesign. Dome's too small for that HUGE gun platform. It just looks fat. Don't even get me started as to why the Daleks would care about having "pretty colors." It's like Klingons coiffing their hair on Next Gen. Why? I didn't like "pretty color" Daleks in the Cushing movies either.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
dalekskaro
RANK: UNIT Trooper


Number of posts : 15
Age : 28
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else experiencing Dalek fatigue? (spoilers)   Thu May 20, 2010 3:43 pm

SeaDevil wrote:
They do kinda need a rest. If they or any other baddie keep showing up again and again, they lose some of their punch when they do reappear. Think the Master. And now would be a good time for the Daleks for me because I HATE the redesign. Dome's too small for that HUGE gun platform. It just looks fat. Don't even get me started as to why the Daleks would care about having "pretty colors." It's like Klingons coiffing their hair on Next Gen. Why? I didn't like "pretty color" Daleks in the Cushing movies either.

while i hate to admit that i really love the colors, I absolutely whole heartedly agree with the fact it makes NO sense for daleks to be colorful. I don't like the new design either. Mad I wish they would of only *slightly* "updated" the design. I don't honestly mind a slight tweak. But not the overhaul they did.

The coiffing annoyed the living heck out of me x__x why???? Also wanted to point out that they changed races as well... In the TOS the actors were white and in NG they were black or biracial... I'm unsure how I feel about that. I still love Star Trek anyones. tongue
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else experiencing Dalek fatigue? (spoilers)   Thu May 20, 2010 3:48 pm

dalekskaro wrote:
SeaDevil wrote:
They do kinda need a rest. If they or any other baddie keep showing up again and again, they lose some of their punch when they do reappear. Think the Master. And now would be a good time for the Daleks for me because I HATE the redesign. Dome's too small for that HUGE gun platform. It just looks fat. Don't even get me started as to why the Daleks would care about having "pretty colors." It's like Klingons coiffing their hair on Next Gen. Why? I didn't like "pretty color" Daleks in the Cushing movies either.

while i hate to admit that i really love the colors, I absolutely whole heartedly agree with the fact it makes NO sense for daleks to be colorful. I don't like the new design either. Mad I wish they would of only *slightly* "updated" the design. I don't honestly mind a slight tweak. But not the overhaul they did.

The coiffing annoyed the living heck out of me x__x why???? Also wanted to point out that they changed races as well... In the TOS the actors were white and in NG they were black or biracial... I'm unsure how I feel about that. I still love Star Trek anyones. tongue

Well, color isn't really necessary to any species. Daleks could distinguish themselves with various colors so that way they can function better, tell who is who.

For instance, when I was in the Civil Air Patrol at our "basic training" during the summer, each flight had a different color designation... and yes, they were very colorful and looked BAD on our uniforms. But the point was, we could all tell what flight the cadet was supposed to be part of and the cadets could gain a sense of comraderie.

I doubt the Daleks would use it for the latter, however, I do believe that the Daleks could use the colors to seperate task forces. I wish the colors were more subdued, but as a Dalek customizer, I honestly LOVE that the Daleks have colors other than the bronze/gold colors for all four seasons of the new Who. Seeing one in the WWII olive drab color was a welcoming change.

Of course, that is just my opinion... my favourite colors on the Daleks actually came from the Cushing movies but my absolute favourite is the white/gold Imperial Daleks. :/
~
Back to top Go down
Vicki
RANK: UNIT Sergeant


Number of posts : 148
Age : 52
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else experiencing Dalek fatigue? (spoilers)   Thu May 20, 2010 5:11 pm

Hmm...I'm really not terribly bored with the Daleks, AND I like the fun new colors...ah well...takes all kinds!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.livejournal.com/users/fleurette
SeaDevil
RANK: Keeper of Traken


Number of posts : 5966
Age : 50
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else experiencing Dalek fatigue? (spoilers)   Thu May 20, 2010 6:16 pm

When they were tweaked for "Dalek" and "Bad Wolf" they were made somewhat bulkier and meaner with a larger skirt, more detailed dome and gun platform, and bronze color. The updated Cybermen, especially, were made to look bigger and meaner (love 'em or hate 'em), but the "new Dalek" colors and sleek design in the domes make them, to me, look less threatening actually. Not quite cuddly, but close. Certainly not more intimidating or scarier.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else experiencing Dalek fatigue? (spoilers)   Thu May 20, 2010 6:22 pm

I think a return to the Classic Cusick design would have really impressed me. Maybe a bit more modern, but the simple elegant design of the originals. Not to mention the fact that that would echo the 'pure' daleks they apparently are now.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else experiencing Dalek fatigue? (spoilers)   Fri May 21, 2010 1:02 am

Hoosier Whovian wrote:
I think a return to the Classic Cusick design would have really impressed me. Maybe a bit more modern, but the simple elegant design of the originals. Not to mention the fact that that would echo the 'pure' daleks they apparently are now.

I still have a strong feeling that the RTD era Daleks are not entirely gone. It would be neat to see another Dalek civil war, or perhaps... finally.. a good Dalek... or benign one... it isn't beyond Who to do so.
~
Back to top Go down
dalekskaro
RANK: UNIT Trooper


Number of posts : 15
Age : 28
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else experiencing Dalek fatigue? (spoilers)   Fri May 21, 2010 1:48 am

a1cmustangpilot wrote:
Hoosier Whovian wrote:
I think a return to the Classic Cusick design would have really impressed me. Maybe a bit more modern, but the simple elegant design of the originals. Not to mention the fact that that would echo the 'pure' daleks they apparently are now.

I still have a strong feeling that the RTD era Daleks are not entirely gone. It would be neat to see another Dalek civil war, or perhaps... finally.. a good Dalek... or benign one... it isn't beyond Who to do so.
~

I would also like to see a civil war. I would like to see at least a Dalek influence a small portion to rally behind him against the usual exterminatation of everybody.

Or maybe that could be part of the regeneration. Maybe there would be a small portion with this "defect". I would like to see a good Dalek :/ RTD has pissed me off over alot of things and I didn't like his Daleks x__x
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
Is anyone else experiencing Dalek fatigue? (spoilers)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: