Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store

Share | 

Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9511
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:39 pm

It was a Primeval Helen Cutter, but the head was a modified Martha. Add a bit to the chin and rework the hair, makes a great Ace likeness.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:48 am

I can't believe I am doing this, but, I made a second Cybercontroller, so I am putting my original up for auction!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330472047737&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:32 pm

A work in progress......need a bit more sculpting on the body. Anyone guess who?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
amagon

Number of posts : 2730
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:14 am

You mean Kroton!?!?!?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:32 am

Right!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
amagon

PostSubject: Re: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:48 pm

I win the "no-prize"?!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:15 pm

Yep! Just don't send me your address so I won't ship it to you, LOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:54 am

Couple of works in progress: From the Spare Parts Big Finish audio, the Mondas Cyberhorse.

And Claws of Axos, the hairy Axon. This is taking a while, making the small tentacles and trying to apply them.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
amagon

PostSubject: Re: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:52 am

affraid

HOLEY!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:15 pm

Wow, WOW, and WOW!

The Cyberhorse is magnificent! I love Spare Parts, one of the greatest stories ever told. Your design of the horse is just incredible. I'm just sitting here drooling at it. I want one!!!

I like what I'm seeing with the Axon. When you say "the hairy one" are you referring to the one with the blond wig? Laughing I hope to get another Axon soon and want to customize it a bit to make it look a little different. Can't wait to see it finished!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:39 pm

rdks wrote:
Wow, WOW, and WOW!

The Cyberhorse is magnificent! I love Spare Parts, one of the greatest stories ever told. Your design of the horse is just incredible. I'm just sitting here drooling at it. I want one!!!

I like what I'm seeing with the Axon. When you say "the hairy one" are you referring to the one with the blond wig? Laughing I hope to get another Axon soon and want to customize it a bit to make it look a little different. Can't wait to see it finished!

No, its "spaghetti" lookiong one. I will post a picture of him when I can. They were the more common Axons.

And the Cyberhorse is based on a picture in an old DWM from when Spare parts was released. I hope to do the Cybercop from the same scene.

Last edited by Ronpur on Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:43 pm

Great customs, Ronpur! I'm in agreement with Rdks, that CyberHorse is fantastic!
Back to top Go down
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:35 am

Ronpur wrote:
rdks wrote:
Wow, WOW, and WOW!

No, its "spaghetti" lookiong one. I will post a picture of him when I can. They were the more common Axons.

And the Cyberhorse is based on a picture in an old DWM from when Spare parts was released. I hope to do the Cybercop from the same scene.

What the Cybercop look like? Question
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:49 am

Scanner isn't hooked up, I took a picture of the page.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:20 am

Of horse is a horse, of course, unless it's a Cyberhorse.....
From the Big Finish Audio, Spare Parts:

The horse is a Breyer Classic horse figure. It is 1/12th scale so it works great for this custom. I based him on the illustration for the release of Spare Parts in DWM 320.

Many parts of the horse are in shadow, or not seen in the illustration, so I added some parts.
I added a "chest unit" on the front of the horse to give the tubes shown in the drawing a destination.

And a connecting conduit on the belly, sculpted to be look flexible.

Also, I completely "replaced" the lower legs of the beast with "Cyber hooves" and lower legs. It seams logical as broken legs on a horse in this area are very bad for a horse, so it should be upgrades.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:33 am

And also from the pages of DWM, Kroton, the friendly Cyberman. Companion of the 8th Doctor.

He has the body of a Tomb Cyberman that has been augmented with Kroton's muscle mass, and of course, a modified Invasion head. Took a lot of green stuff to build up his legs, chest and neck!

"Yes Doctor, I have feelings."

Hand of friendship

Companions

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:37 am

Hi Ho Silver, AWAY!.....

A lone masked Cyberman and a horse, get it?

Last edited by Ronpur on Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:45 am

Mr.A wrote:
Great customs, Ronpur! I'm in agreement with Rdks, that CyberHorse is fantastic!

Wow, you created a profile to comment on my Cyberhorse! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:42 pm

That's a darn fine horse. Staring at it last night made me listen to Spare Parts for the ten thousandth time. Even better that a Cyberman can sit on it! (Poor horse would need metal legs to hold the weight of those guys!)

Your Kroton looks good, although I'm not familiar with the character at all, but knowing you I'm sure it's very accurate.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thun

Number of posts : 1229
Registration date : 2007-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:27 pm

I just don't have words to express how impressed I am with that horse. Can't wait to see your Cyber-cop! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dr.dalek

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2010-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:38 pm

Ronpur wrote:
And also from the pages of DWM, Kroton, the friendly Cyberman. Companion of the 8th Doctor.

He has the body of a Tomb Cyberman that has been augmented with Kroton's muscle mass, and of course, a modified Invasion head. Took a lot of green stuff to build up his legs, chest and neck!

"Yes Doctor, I have feelings."

Hand of friendship

Companions

KROTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doctor Who Freak

Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2009-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:00 am

OMG!!! Ronpur, that Cyberhorse is AWSOME!!!! I wish I had that talent!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:32 am

How easy was it to put the Invasion head on the Tomb body? Question
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:47 am

For this version, very easy. I cut the pegs off. Then I used green stuff to stick it on and build up Kroton's muscular neck. When I did my revenge custom, it was a lot harder because they have a collar that had to be built.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:31 am

Still more to do, but my 2nd Axon is coming along:

He is taking a LONG time to do! I need to add more strands.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Today at 11:31 am

Back to top Go down

Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 24Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Projects, Modifications, and Fan Creations :: Models and Modifications-
Jump to: