Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 

TO UK Fans: Tennant/End of Time Coverage, Overexposure?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Clavius

Number of posts : 578
Registration date : 2007-10-03

PostSubject: TO UK Fans: Tennant/End of Time Coverage, Overexposure?   Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:15 pm

I don't know how many actual UK fans frequent this board, but to any of you reading this, I have a question.

I am a US fan and I follow many of the DW boards and news sites. From the point of view of an outsider looking in as it were, it appears as if you are being simply inundated with coverage of Tennant's departure and the airing of The End of Time.

It appears as if DT's mug is on every magazine, newspaper and TV listing in London as well as making appearances on every possible chat show.

So I'm just wondering, is he and Doctor Who really getting as overexposed as it appears? If so, how does this affect your excitement for the final episodes?

Being a huge Star Wars fan, even I was starting to get sick of the words "Star" and "Wars" even being in the same sentence during the run up to the films.

It makes me kind of happy to be a US fan where WHO is very much more a niche thing. I think the fans that are here feel more proprietary of it, like they belong to some kind of exclusive club or something.

I'd love to hear any thoughts you may have.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CrochetOwl

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: TO UK Fans: Tennant/End of Time Coverage, Overexposure?   Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:13 pm

I personally don't mind all the coverage that DW/DT is getting this month as this is the end of his reign. If you go to the Dr. Who News website, they are maintaining a nice schedule for the month of all the DW/DT coverage and since I'm a major DT fan, I try to pick up as much as possible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Clavius

Number of posts : 578
Registration date : 2007-10-03

PostSubject: Re: TO UK Fans: Tennant/End of Time Coverage, Overexposure?   Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:31 pm

Glad it's not bugging you. As I said I get all my DW news pretty much encapsulated from all of the sites I visit, and from my perspective, it looks like you can't swing a dead cat around the UK at the moment without hitting something pertaining to DW.

That could simply be my perception and I'm just way off, but I was curious to get the opinion of someone who lived there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

TO UK Fans: Tennant/End of Time Coverage, Overexposure?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: