Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 

Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
CJSchmidt

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Wed May 23, 2007 11:17 am

Would have been a fine episode if it wasn't for Impossible Planet last season.

I think it would have been much more entertaining if they had skipped the whole "dark power that posseses everyone and sabotages the ship" thing and just plopped them in the middle of a "normal" emergency. I was expecting something more along the lines of the Poseidon Adventure.

There were some great moments though -

When the Doctor tells Martha that he is scared. Was he scared of dying or hurting Martha? Interesting...

He tries to warn Martha about regenenerating.

Martha gets a key and a souped up cell phone.

Not a bad episode, but the most disappointing so far this season. (Just because I had high expectations)
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Wed May 23, 2007 11:29 am

I didnt really have high expectations though. I still think the biggest disappointment was the Dalek two parter. Or as I call it the "lets run around sewers for twenty minutes so we can pad this thing out and cover the budget." Although I will give a definite thumbs up to having the musical number included on the next soundtrack album.

But I also did not see Lazarus. The link will not work. I am looking forward to the scarecrow people episode.

And since I dont go looking for spoilers I have NO idea what it is about.

Start saving up for the character options figures now everyone. That goes for the teenager too.

If I am rambling I have been up for almost 25 hours now. Having a rough time sleeping.
Back to top Go down
LakeErieMonster

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2007-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Fri May 25, 2007 12:11 am

Okay I know I haven't seen any of series 3 and don't mind spoilers so don't fear to drop more previews.

Was it me or upon seen Juddons with masks did anybody else think they were bringing back Sontarens?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Fri May 25, 2007 10:39 am

It was almost everyone.
Space Rhinos...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Whofan

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Thu May 31, 2007 12:48 am

Did anyone see the new episode yet? I think it was the best one yet.the previews for next week look great
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Calixar

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Thu May 31, 2007 9:45 am

It took me a while to catch what was happening (initially feeling like I'd missed the first scene or an entire previous episode), but once it was explained I liked it a lot.
Sydney and Verity... yeah...
Back to top Go down
rsnation

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2007-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:40 pm

Liked this episode a lot and hope they don't drop the ball tomorrow night. Also, oddly enough, I like Tenant as John Smith much better than I like his Doctor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bkallans

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2007-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:27 am

Great episode, I actually liked Martha.
Cannot wait until tonight, my son has been like all week "Is is Sat yet?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Calixar

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:23 am

I liked the second part! Yay!
My expectation wasn't too high, though I enjoyed the first part.
I thought the ending was satisfying, if a bit melancholy.
Back to top Go down
bkallans

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:30 pm

Best 2 part episode so far.
Still could do w/o Martha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:53 am

I just saw BLINK Shocked ! Amazing. With out giving it away, it is the Love and Monsters for this season. The Doctor and Martha have a minimal role in the events. And guess what? It works great anyways. And it addresses the time travel theme of the series in a way not done before.

It has my vote as the BEST episode of the season! The preview of next weeks show is not too encouraging, although I am a HUGE Derek Jacobi fan. At one point I had thought of him playing the Doctor when the show came back after the cancelaltion.

He was excellent in I Claudius.
Back to top Go down
cmdrkoenig67

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2007-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:37 am

I loved "Human Nature" and "The Family of Blood"...Great episodes...And I adore Martha Jones.

Dana
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whofan

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:35 pm

Blink was great I watched it twice!!! I can't believe the session is almost over:( Is there gonna be a another with David as the doctor?It was like love and monsters a little.Martha is o.k. I miss the Rose she was just right for the part. The Doctor should find her someway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bkallans

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:59 pm

Good episode, heck every episode is better then what's on TV here in the states.
Sally would make a MUCH better companion then Martha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:10 pm

You never know, maybe Sally will be coming back somehow. How many votes for the angels coming out as figures?

I would like to know the list of 17 DVD's.

latest rumor is that David is staying as the Doctor for series 4.
Back to top Go down
Whofan

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:27 pm

Sally would be better than martha!I can't wait to see Jack's reaction to the new doctor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CJSchmidt

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:42 am

Fantastic!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Calixar

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:44 pm

I've just finished watching Blink... excellent (I would have said, "Fantastic!" but it was already taken.
Back to top Go down
bkallans

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:20 am

Can I blink yet?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whofan

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:32 pm

Thats funny makes you want to not look at angel statues!Did anyone else watch it on Saturday that is in the states?I did XD.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cmdrkoenig67

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2007-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:38 am

I watched Blink Sunday...Loved it...It was very creepy.

BTW...What's with all the Martha-hate?

Dana
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:11 am

I saw it saturday evening. I dont hate Martha, I do like the performance that sally put out though.

It would be fantastic for her to come back in the future some time
Back to top Go down
Calixar

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:40 am

I like Martha just fine. She's a bit stiff, but that's the character. She's already loosened up some.
Back to top Go down
rsnation

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2007-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:21 pm

Loved Blink a lot!!

Yes, there is a lot of Martha hate out there. I like her but perhaps it's because I was so dang sick of Rose (please don't hit me) that I was perfectly ready for another companion.

I've long been on the record as having loved Rose with Nine but not so much with Ten.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CJSchmidt

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:26 pm

I like Martha well enough... I think it's about time for a 2nd companion (bring back Jack, dang it!) to fill in the gaps where Martha's character is lacking. I do think that Rose worked better with the Doctor (and she shared the Tardis twice in her first season).
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: