Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 

Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
CJSchmidt

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:01 pm

Evolution of the Daleks.

Meh. While I'm glad it wasn't a "Millions of Daleks appear from nowhere to destroy the earth" story again, this/these episode(s) really didn't do much for me.

We've seen pig-humans (Aliens of London). We've seen that human DNA creates "good" Daleks (Dalek). We've seen the Doctor grapple with the idea of Dalek genocide (Genesis of the Daleks). We've even heard the gay jokes before.

The real draw of these episodes, in my opinion, is that it really feels like a classic Doctor Who episode.

I think my biggest gripe is that they could have told this story quite nicely in a single episode, but it really feels forced into two. We only get 13 episodes a year for pete's sake!

Last edited by on Tue May 01, 2007 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CJSchmidt

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:49 pm

Loved the "Are You Being Served" reference though. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whofan

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Wed May 02, 2007 12:58 am

does anyone think the delek that got away is like the one they found in series one episode 6?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Wed May 02, 2007 1:21 am

The only problem with that is that the one in DALEK didnt recognize the Doctor and didnt identify itself as Caan. Plus this one is absolutely fascistic in its purity. Although that would be a nice closing of the loop.

I have only seen the episode once so I missed the reference, I am gonna watch again and look for it. True, I noticed a trivial piece of visual change but not the comedy one. And Doctor Who got mentioned on Are You Being Served also.
Back to top Go down
terrasolo

Number of posts : 1478
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Wed May 02, 2007 9:06 am

couldn't be the same dalek as the name tag unter the eye stalk was differant.

Really I think it's best not to have it be the same one as it opens the door for more stories in the future.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.kasterborous.com
Whofan

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Wed May 02, 2007 11:29 am

right can't wait to see whats next thanks to an unspoken link
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CJSchmidt

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Wed May 02, 2007 11:45 am

I do wonder where they will take Daleks from here on out. I doubt they'll rebuild the army any time too soon and Davros is probably on hold for a season or two since we just saw a very Davros-esque Sek. I would like to see Dalek Caan actively hunting the Doctor, destroy the enemy before he can foil their next plan. Any other thoughts?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AC Rempt

Number of posts : 830

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Sun May 06, 2007 12:54 am

I'm kinda done with the Daleks for now. I feel like RTD and co. have written themselves into a corner with the "last Dalek" thing. What else is there to do but re-build? And every time they show up, I think it undercuts the whole Time War thread from the first series. Of course, the revelations in Gridlock undercut it as well . . .

One thing I do like is how Tennent has grown into his role. I have been pretty disappointed in the stories this season, but his take on the role has really improved.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.sophiethedog.com
Whofan

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Mon May 07, 2007 8:00 pm

Has anyone seen the newest episode?It was great,but the new previews said it won't be on again for two weeks and who was that guy talking to Martha's mum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Tue May 08, 2007 11:21 am

The guy talking to Martha's mother is an agent of the mysterious "Mister Harold Saxon." Who he turns out to be has yet to be (officially) revealed...

So, we know that Mister Saxon knows about the Doctor and does not like him...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.mikaljohnson.com
CJSchmidt

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Tue May 08, 2007 2:58 pm

I really enjoyed this week's episode. Fun story, good FX, brought a little more depth to Martha, and started sowing threads for the big events to come. All around, lots of fun (though Martha's mother scares me). Definitely made up for last week's somewhat lackluster showing.

It was nice of them to give us a nice "rest of the season" teaser trailer since we have to wait two weeks for the next episode, but I think some people were confused, thinking that all of that will happen in the next episode.

I'm really looking forward to the next episode.
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CJSchmidt

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Tue May 08, 2007 3:06 pm

My wife pointed out that the whole "unveiling a giant techno-thingie at a fancy cocktail party" really reminded her of the '96 TV movie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
work4dvd

Number of posts : 118

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Tue May 08, 2007 6:08 pm

I generally avoid spoilers (still annoyed hearing about John Simm a couple of months ago--and his role), but couldn't resist clicking the spoiler tag above. Very cool concept. I hope that it works. I've been less than impressed with the third series so far.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Talyn

Registration date : 2007-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Wed May 09, 2007 1:37 pm

I thought the Lazarus episode was the worst one so far... just seemed like a big excuse to have a crazy big monster chasing people...why the heck would a person have latent scorpion DNA...i dunno, just seemed stupid to me, episode didnt really go anywhere. Definetly looking forward to the next few though, Jack!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.raynecreations.com
Whofan

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Wed May 09, 2007 4:32 pm

yeah I can't wait to see Jack's reaction to the doctor:)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Calixar

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Thu May 10, 2007 9:19 am

Well, if you believe in evolution then the potential of any other creature could be there. After all, we are supposed to have all come from the same single-celled creature. Humans, scorpions, crocodiles and oak trees... we're all related.
Back to top Go down
Whofan

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Thu May 10, 2007 11:23 am

notttttttt
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CJSchmidt

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Thu May 10, 2007 2:12 pm

Let's just end this line of discussion right here before it continues any furthur, agreed? Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Thu May 10, 2007 2:14 pm

Agreed, next thing you know, someone will say we are related to Trekkies affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid

Someone HAD to make that joke lol!
Back to top Go down
Calixar

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Fri May 11, 2007 1:14 am

CJSchmidt wrote:
Let's just end this line of discussion right here before it continues any furthur, agreed? Smile

Agreed. Note how I did not actually say where I stand on that Wink

One thing I hated at OG (and many other boards) was the abuse one could take no matter what religious or political stance they held. Freedom is acceptable as long as you agree with me! Otherwise, you're a slope-headed moron who should be spayed or neutered. lol!
Back to top Go down
CJSchmidt

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Fri May 11, 2007 4:10 pm

Calixar

I know what you mean about OG. It's always puzzled me how friendly and helpful US Who fans tend to be while the UK fans seem grumpy and condescending (at least the ones who post on the forums I frequent). Who wants to yell at each other over politics and religion, when we could be arguing about the best Doctor and action figure variations!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Calixar

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Fri May 11, 2007 7:47 pm

Anyway, I really liked this episode. I did think the monster was a tad OTT, but overall I enjoyed it. The definite introduction of Saxon as a baddie was exciting.

... and did Mrs Jones call him "Mister Harold Saxon"?
Back to top Go down
AC Rempt

Number of posts : 830

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Wed May 16, 2007 2:00 am

This episode reminded me of The Long Game from series 1: it seems like an "eh" kind of episode, but I'm sure it will be part of a bigger picture down the line.

I'm not really digging the stories this season, but Tennet has grown into the role very well. He's much better than he was last season, I think. Now give him some good stories.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.sophiethedog.com
Calixar

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Wed May 23, 2007 10:59 am

So, 42...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Wed May 23, 2007 11:08 am

All I will say is,

"If there is another 10th DOCTOR IN SPACESUIT FIGURE I will spit up my jelly babies when I see it listed!

Now, if he has real Shocked glowing Shocked eyes that would be different!

I saw the confidential on it also, and I loved the whole retrospective on Who spaceships from the past. I cannot believe how Cheesy the old show was! I still love it to death.

Cool "Burn with me!" Shocked

If jany does not send me an email complimenting me on finding a cool use for the smiley buttons I will be heartbroken Crying or Very sad

Last edited by on Wed May 23, 2007 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: