Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 

Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
cmdrkoenig67

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2007-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:43 pm

Time Lord children/babies with adult voices? With evil temperaments and no reservations about cruelly killing people?

Those sound like some very odd children.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:03 pm

It is the 21st century! If we had acted like that as kids, believe me the wrath of Rassilon would have come down on us. And if I had any now, they would learn what it was like to be me growing up. I dont advocate violence against children at all, but a nice dose of discipline will do wonders!

I just hope Paris Hilton isnt the new rumored guest star in the christmas special.
Back to top Go down
Sergiusbulgakov

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2007-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:03 am

I wouldn't be surprised if the Christmas story will now turn out to be a two-doctor story.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://vox-nova.com
gregtdj

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:19 pm

Last of the Time Lords...

Okay... definitely far from what I would have speculated. I guess the sneer and Utopia statement in Utopia makes more sense. I would write the Master off, except for the ring that appeared to be picked up by Mrs. Saxon's hand. Makes me wonder if that wasn't a back up plan that she shoot him. Overall, well rounded ending for a great three parter. Did raise a couple of questions for me at the end...

1. Is he back to traveling alone, or is Martha going to be like some previous companion and just earth based?

2. No time travel for Jack, but does the bangle still teleport? Not sure if it would really benefit the show, or just be an unfair advantage for Jack to have. I guess this question will be answered when Torchwood starts it's next season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:37 pm

FANTASTIC!!!

I had heard a few of the spoilers for it. But I had wondered about the Utopians and if there was a connection. I had the feeling I was watching a movie version of the series. I have always preferred character moments over effects. And this episode was full of it. I loved the Mecon reference also.

And the ending, the moment I saw the 'flotsam' and horn go off one word went through my head and I was NOT disappointed.

Not going to reveal it, but I am DEFINITELY looking forward to this christmas!

"FANTASTIC!!!
Back to top Go down
gregtdj

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:01 pm

I wasn't sure whether to post this as a new topic or not.
Latest news from Doctor Who BBC Website...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/news/cult/news/drwho/2007/07/02/46692.shtml

Quote :

Relax - she's coming back, and branching out too...

While the final episode of Series Three, screened last Saturday , saw The Doctor's companion Martha leave to care for her devastated family, and to break the cycle of unrequited love she feels for The Doctor, the production team has now confirmed that the character is set to make a triumphant return in the fourth series.

Freema Agyeman is also set to join the cast of Torchwood, where she will continue to play the character in three new episodes before returning to Doctor Who in the middle of the fourth series.

As Doctor Who's Executive Producer and head writer, Russell T Davies notes: "Series three has gained outstanding reviews and Freema has been a huge part of that success, gaining rave notices for her portrayal of Martha. Now we are taking the character of Martha into brand new territory with a starring role in Torchwood".

"I can't wait to start filming on Torchwood and the new series of Doctor Who," said Freema. "It's a huge new challenge for me and I'm delighted Russell has decided to expand the character of Martha Jones.'"

The new announcement leaves a vacant space in the TARDIS. A new companion for The Doctor, who will join the new series for the entire 13 week run, will be announced shortly.

What kind of companion will it be? Another Donna? I hope not. Love or hate her, Martha was a quick thinker and capable of dealing with the situation at hand. I'd like to see them leave the romance aspect on the side for a while, especially if Martha will be back halfway through the season. I really don't want some twisted love triangle popping up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whofan

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Great!!!   Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:59 pm

Well that was Fantastic!!!I can't wait for christmas santa The master was great and I was wondering how the doctor was gonna win,but it was great!!New companion great.All though I will miss Martha.I wonder if he thought about Rose when she told him about loving him and stuff It was great!!!!!
Spoiler:

(alt+o)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bkallans

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2007-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:39 am

I felt like I watched a full movie.
Fantastic!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cmdrkoenig67

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:39 am

Yes...About Jack(apparently). I loved that UNIT was mentioned again in this episode too.

I'm wondering about the Christmas special too...It appears to be about the Titanic...Maybe his companion (if he gets a new one in the special) will be a passenger?...Or maybe the Doctor will leave them to their fate?

Dana
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whofan

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:36 am

They should have given us a preview of the next one can't wait to see it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:37 pm

The ship crashed into the TARDIS...

Jack is the Face of Boe...

The Master is dead, again, but that woman has his ring (which has to be significant).
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Whofan

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:01 pm

I thought nothing can get in the tardis?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gregtdj

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:20 am

I recall that the final season for Baker's 4th Doctor had the Keeper of Trakken appear in the TARDIS while it was in flight. So far in the new series they have materialized around Rose and a Dalek; had Donna materialize in the TARDIS in flight; and had it leave Sally Sparrow standing while it dematerialized.

I know all of these are a little different than a ship crashing inside, but pretty much the same principle. If all of these people can pass through the different dimension the inside supposedly exists in why not something larger?

Wow...that sounded nerdy. I think I'll go back to sticking with the 10th Doctor's quick response to it...WHAT!?...WHAT?!...WHAT!?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cmdrkoenig67

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:10 am

gregtdj wrote:
I recall that the final season for Baker's 4th Doctor had the Keeper of Trakken appear in the TARDIS while it was in flight. So far in the new series they have materialized around Rose and a Dalek; had Donna materialize in the TARDIS in flight; and had it leave Sally Sparrow standing while it dematerialized.

Also, in the classic series (around the same time you mentioned, Greg)...The Fourth Doctor materializes the TARDIS around an Earth police box(In reality...The disguised TARDIS of the Master, who had already materialized around the police box) in Logopolis. I keep thinking there are older instances of something getting into the TARDIS or the Doctor materializing around something, but I can't recall where or when...I could be totally wrong.

EDIT: The image of Sutekh invaded the TARDIS in The Pyramids of Mars....In The Mind Robber, didn't the TARDIS get broken apart?

gregtdj wrote:
I know all of these are a little different than a ship crashing inside, but pretty much the same principle. If all of these people can pass through the different dimension the inside supposedly exists in why not something larger?

Wow...that sounded nerdy. I think I'll go back to sticking with the 10th Doctor's quick response to it...WHAT!?...WHAT?!...WHAT!?

LOL...No worries, I'm sure I sounded nerdy too.

Dana
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:57 am

How is this for nerdy, you BOTH forgot Frontios! :doc5:

As someone who has been waiting for a Titanic story within Doctor Who ever since Tom Baker had made his remark to another character as a throwaway line in one season I am over the moon!

I know they are already filming and it is a minor thing, but it would be nice if a writer named Jagues Foutrelle were in it. He created the title character of some books called The Thinking Machine.

Foutrelle was on the Titanic when it sank. He also had some un published stories with him. Screw the jewels I wanted those stories found!

I had read a piece of fan fiction in the Whovian Times years ago and thought of my own story where he meets the writer and they jsut discuss a storyline where the Doctor was put up against his character.

Pardon the ramble, but I have always had an interest in the Titanic since I was little, about as long as Doctor Who so they are kinda connected.
Back to top Go down
cmdrkoenig67

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:15 pm

And we all forgot The Time Monster...The Third Doctor tries to materialize around the Master's TARDIS, but both TARDISes end up inside each other. I just watched the episode on Youtube.

Dana Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:09 pm

ha ha I have it on dvd. Well it is just a dupe over, but it does save a lot of space.
Back to top Go down
gregtdj

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:16 pm

Wasn't there a picture in "Rose" of the Ninth Doctor taken with a family that he talked out of going on the Titanic? Does that mean there was some possible involvement from the Ninth Doctor in the voyage?
Sergiusbulgakov wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if the Christmas story will now turn out to be a two-doctor story.
Does raise the question or maybe just a little hope...

Sorry for the edit, but I didn't want to double post...

Just came across this and thought I'd share it. Don't know about two doctors but it looks like the tenth one will be doing the loo-loco loo-locomotion across the ship...(yes, I know that was cheesy...)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=465688&in_page_id=1773
Quote :
Singer and actress Kylie Minogue will this month be getting her teeth into some out of this world filming when she joins Dr Who.

The BBC has confirmed that the Aussie songbird is teaming up with the Doc in a major lead role in an hour long special this Christmas. Kylie will be joining David Tennant for the episode, Voyage of the Damned, which starts filming this month in Cardiff.

The production team has also confirmed the storyline will follow on directly from the ending of series three where viewers witnessed The Titanic crash through the Tardis walls.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cmdrkoenig67

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:46 am

gregtdj wrote:

Just came across this and thought I'd share it. Don't know about two doctors but it looks like the tenth one will be doing the loo-loco loo-locomotion across the ship...(yes, I know that was cheesy...)

LOL...Poor Kylie...She'll never be free of that song. Very Happy

gregtdj wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=465688&in_page_id=1773
Quote :
Singer and actress Kylie Minogue will this month be getting her teeth into some out of this world filming when she joins Dr Who.

The BBC has confirmed that the Aussie songbird is teaming up with the Doc in a major lead role in an hour long special this Christmas. Kylie will be joining David Tennant for the episode, Voyage of the Damned, which starts filming this month in Cardiff.

The production team has also confirmed the storyline will follow on directly from the ending of series three where viewers witnessed The Titanic crash through the Tardis walls.

I'm very excited for Kylie's guest shot...The prospect of Donna coming back as a companion is a bit frightening, though...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6267680.stm

Dana Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:02 am

I just read about Donna (Catherine Tate) returning. It was quoted in a Torchwood group I am a member of.

I knew I had jinxed it when I mentioned that earlier.

Could this be the end of the show again? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Whofan

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:25 am

End of the show Nooooooooo? I read it on BBC about her coming back. Happy 4th:)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:13 pm

I'm going to say something unpopular:

I don't think Donna as a companion is such a bad thing.

Her character was less a worshipper of the Doctor, and I liked that.

It doesn't hurt that she's a redhead (which I like), but really I look forward to seeing her character grow and mature a bit. She's rough, bullheaded, and a touch narcissistic.

Rose and Martha both, while being strong women, had a natural sense of awe about them. But one of my favorite things with Rose was seeing her go from The End of the World, being very put off by the aliens and the weirdness happening around her, to fully being able to handle herself in later situations.

As a writer, I love seeing character development. I really look forward to seeing Donna's edge being worn away as she realizes that the universe is far bigger than her life. With her, they could really get into stories about the suffering of the weak and show her developing more compassion and sympathy toward others.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.mikaljohnson.com
gregtdj

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:26 am

cmdrkoenig67 wrote:

I'm very excited for Kylie's guest shot...The prospect of Donna coming back as a companion is a bit frightening, though...

Dana Shocked

Here's the official blurb from the Doctor Who site for anyone who might be at work or where they can't go check out the cmdr's link above...
Quote :
Catherine Tate accepts proposal to star in fourth series.

Catherine Tate is set to return to the TARDIS for the complete 13 week run of Series Four of Doctor Who.

Award winning comedian Tate will reprise her role as Donna, the runaway bride from last year's Christmas special, despite turning down the Doctor's invitation to travel with him at the end of that adventure.

When Catherine was asked if she would like to become The Doctor's new companion at the press screening of The Runaway Bride, she replied, "I would love to, but no one has asked!" Well, now they have.

"Catherine was an absolute star in The Runaway Bride and we are delighted that one of Britain's greatest talents has agreed to join us for the fourth series," announced Doctor Who's executive producer and head writer, Russell T Davies. "Viewers can expect more ambitious storylines and a whole host of guest stars in 2008."

Catherine Tate added : "I am delighted to be returning to Doctor Who. I had a blast last Christmas and look forward to travelling again through time and space with that nice man from Gallifrey."

Freema Agyeman who has played Martha Jones, The Doctor's companion throughout the critically acclaimed third series, will return to the show to join The Doctor and Donna mid series.

Cmdr...be afraid, be very afraid...

Calixar wrote:

As a writer, I love seeing character development. I really look forward to seeing Donna's edge being worn away as she realizes that the universe is far bigger than her life. With her, they could really get into stories about the suffering of the weak and show her developing more compassion and sympathy toward others.

The only major problem I have with this is the way they paint the Doctor. Donna coming back, especially after her comments at the end of the runaway bride, just adds to the whole "he's just really lonely" premise. I understand that being the last of his kind would make for some feeling of loneliness, but sometimes they give the impression that he has to have constant company. When he found Rose, and in the stories that followed, you got the sense that he had been on his own and doing quite well. Now it seems like he's a lonely guy desperate for any kind of interaction, to the point that he'd go back and get a woman who didn't really care for him, his adventures or his occasional need to be firm. With the basis for Donna, you know she would have admonished him had she been in Martha's role for the Family of Blood, and certainly for the way he dealt with them.

To play devil's advocate, and because I kind of see your view on this one Calixar. If they keep the focus on Donna's character evolving from total self involvement towards personal growth like they did with Rose, and certainly with Martha, it might be alright. Donna is the type of character that you connect with or never accept. In all honesty this move does have the chance of hurting the fourth season because of the way she's received. I certainly hope they take it more seriously and flesh it out better than they did the return and much to quick demise of the Master.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whofan

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:26 pm

the master is out there.........somewhere........
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gregtdj

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:44 pm

Yep...right here...at the Master Gallery

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/gallery/master/

Too bad they didn't add any shots of Jacobi. And rsnation they haven't added any avatars for him yet either, just in case you were looking.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: