Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 

Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
CJSchmidt

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:09 am

In an attempt to keep those of us who manage to get our grubby little hands on the new episodes from ruining things for those who have to wait on SciFi... I present to you the "New Episode Discussion" thread. If you are here, we're assuming you are up to date.

To those who have seen the new episodes: Please try to focus your discussions through this channel, rather than making mention of significant events (cough cough - episode 3) in other sections. If you must reference something elsewhere, keep in mind that there is a "spoiler" button on the full reply page.

To everyone else: You have been warned.

Edit: Un-stickied

Last edited by on Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:27 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CJSchmidt

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:15 am

So... who guessed right on the Face of Boe's message?
Do you think we'll see this as a driving theme throughout the season or will we see this all come together at once somewhere down the line?

On a side note: Anyone else spot Father Dougal in fur? Made me smile inside.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
englishrose

Number of posts : 33

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:55 am

I would hazard a guess to say that the Face of Boe's secret will have an impact on the last few episodes of series three.
The character Derek Jacobi is playing is rumoured to be a Time Lord and then there is the whole Mister Saxon thread running through the third series i.e, he is rumored to be the Master as Mister Saxon is an anagram of Master No.Six.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:59 am

Master No.Six... clever.

Father Dougal/Thermo-Man as a cat pleased me, too. When he did the bit about the woman with a 50-foot head picking her nose I knew for sure it was him.

Anyway, yes, I figured the last time we saw Boe that this would be his secret. If they keep it as a theme through this series, I think it'll spoil the "shock" for those who don't see it coming.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.mikaljohnson.com
rsnation

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2007-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:11 pm

I wasn't surprised by Bo's message, but on the other hand I seem to be constitutionally incapable of staying off the boards and this was possibly the worst kept secret in Whoville.

The other fairly open secret is that the Master will return. However this information is SO available (all the while trying to make it look secret) that I'm wondering if the faithful viewers aren't being taken for a bit of a ride. That being said, Mr. Saxon is one creepy bugger (he should have stayed a nice cop trapped in the wrong time, but that's for another board).

What I'm wondering about is that Bo said Dr. Who was the last of his kind and then said he wasn't alone. So, huh?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CJSchmidt

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:38 pm

I would assume that the second-to-last Timelord/Gallifrian is somehow going to be very important (good or bad). There wouldn't be a legend about the Doctor meeting another Timelord unless we're talking "major threat to the entire universe" type stuff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:09 am

I wont be able to see the new ones until it hits DVD. But I am glad of what I just saw in one of the other threads about the Macra coming back. I wish that was one of the stories they would find some day. It seems so creepy, I have the reconstruction of it and the soundtrack excerpts on the cd of 60's music
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:16 am

I found a site to watch the shows. Just saw Daleks in Manhatten. I should have realized it was a two parter by the time spent in the sewers/shakespeare code sets.

There is an historical glitch at the beginning of the story, It is a visual one.

Who will be the first to spot it?
Back to top Go down
Calixar

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:12 pm

Sounds like it was you. Smile

I didn't spot it, but with all the posters and such, there's bound to be something.
Back to top Go down
cinnur

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2007-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:16 pm

Hoosier Whovian wrote:
I wont be able to see the new ones until it hits DVD. But I am glad of what I just saw in one of the other threads about the Macra coming back. I wish that was one of the stories they would find some day. It seems so creepy, I have the reconstruction of it and the soundtrack excerpts on the cd of 60's music

The Macra did not really come back, it was more like a cameo, but still fun to have seen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cinnur

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:18 pm

I thought DiM was a fun bit, very much like the old show feel.

My wife, who only likes the new series was not as caught up in this recent episode, and she really likes the new series.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Calixar

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:57 pm

Hold up... did I see a flag with 50 stars?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:07 pm

The statue of Liberty. Take a look at her again. I almost believed they were on location for it. It is a small detail, one that I know the british would have missed I am sure. Any Ideas anyone?

I'll post the answer tomorrow
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:18 pm

I thought having the Macra in Gridlock was a waste of them. It could have been any generic monster. I like the whole premise of the Macra, being the power behind the scenes but they werent in this episode and Boe and Hame(sp) didnt seem to be aware of them. Mind you I have only watched it once so far. I love the whole caravan ride forever idea. The married couple "sisters" were great. I can hardly wait for the music score to be released for this season. I loved it in Gridlock especially.
Back to top Go down
CJSchmidt

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:09 pm

Whoosier - So what was it? :-D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cinnur

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:40 pm

Hoosier Whovian wrote:
I thought having the Macra in Gridlock was a waste of them. It could have been any generic monster. I like the whole premise of the Macra, being the power behind the scenes but they werent in this episode and Boe and Hame(sp) didnt seem to be aware of them. Mind you I have only watched it once so far. I love the whole caravan ride forever idea. The married couple "sisters" were great. I can hardly wait for the music score to be released for this season. I loved it in Gridlock especially.

I thought that even some sort of quick blurb near the end somehow saying that the Macra intentionally brought the virus to New Earth and were the cause of whatever else was wrong with current conditions, so they would be the power behind the scenes, would help elevate them to more then just some brainless monster. More like how they were the baddies in the Macra Terror.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:49 pm

CJSchmidt wrote:
Whoosier - So what was it? :-D

It is Liberty's torch! They have the new goldleaf one in the shot and not the original wrought iron and glass one. sunny

Next question- What is with the pig people? pig pig pig pig I know some kind of proto Ogrons would have been scarier and would have given the daleks presence away. not that the TITLE had done that itself Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Calixar

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:38 am

Having only ever seen Liberty in pictures, I did not know the torch had changed. Interesting.
Back to top Go down
CJSchmidt

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:13 pm

I'm conflicted on the pig people. Scientifically it makes sense - pig parts are used in people all the time, we're fairly compatable. If you were going to attempt genetically melding two species together maybe a pag-man is an easy first step to get the hang of things. From an entertainment point of view, we've seen it already. Why reuse a monster concept from two years ago when you have over 25 years worth of beasties to draw from or (gasp) create something new to balance the returning Dalek menace.

Anyone else notice the return of the blue suit from Smith and Jones? Also noticed he's wearing black Chuck Taylors. (He wore red in Smith and Jones and Tan in season 2)

Nice to see that the Doctor changes clothes now and then. I can't imagine what that scarf must have smelled like after a few years.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:19 pm

The scarf was always changing. Actually, a couple of times they knitted two scarves together in some episodes to make it longer. Each season there was a new scarf knitted to a different pattern.
Back to top Go down
CJSchmidt

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:39 pm

I was just kidding about the scarf thing. I'm just saying I like the balance between "just clothes" and some kind of uniform. The Doctor still wears pretty much the same thing all the time, but the little variation makes him feel more "real" or something. I do hope they don't vary it too much, though, the Doctors clothes are a part of the character.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
terrasolo

Number of posts : 1478
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:48 pm

CJSchmidt wrote:
I'm conflicted on the pig people. Scientifically it makes sense - pig parts are used in people all the time, we're fairly compatable. If you were going to attempt genetically melding two species together maybe a pag-man is an easy first step to get the hang of things. From an entertainment point of view, we've seen it already. Why reuse a monster concept from two years ago when you have over 25 years worth of beasties to draw from or (gasp) create something new to balance the returning Dalek menace.

Anyone else notice the return of the blue suit from Smith and Jones? Also noticed he's wearing black Chuck Taylors. (He wore red in Smith and Jones and Tan in season 2)

Nice to see that the Doctor changes clothes now and then. I can't imagine what that scarf must have smelled like after a few years.

He is wearing the maroon chucks in Daleks in Manhattan. you can see them very well in the sewer when he pics up the dalek jelly fish.

also I thought he had Navy Blue chucks in series two during the Cybermen and fear her stories. it goes with the blue pin strip in the suit anyway. I suppose it could be black, but I'd fire the costume designer if they were.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.kasterborous.com
CJSchmidt

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:31 pm

You're right! I must not have thought about it until noticing the bright red ones in Smith and Jones. The maroon one almost looks black in wide shots, but you're right, they are maroon. Maybe I just need a bigger TV... :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
terrasolo

Number of posts : 1478
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:20 pm

CJSchmidt wrote:
Maybe I just need a bigger TV... :-)

I think we all need that. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.kasterborous.com

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)   Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:46 am

my review for evolution of the Daleks in one word

LAME

More to follow as others weigh in that they have seen it
Back to top Go down

Season 3 Discussion - SPOILERS! (renamed)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: