Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store

Share | 

Dreamland (animated)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
gregtdj

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-06-19

PostSubject: Dreamland (animated)   Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:50 pm

Looks like they are planning a new animated series with the 10th Doctor set in Roswell of all places. More info can be found at the blog for the show which I put a link for below.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho/dreamlandanimation/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kngfu

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2007-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Dreamland (animated)   Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:59 pm

Close your eyes and pretend it's BIG FINISH
Back to top Go down
View user profile
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Dreamland (animated)   Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:52 am

The still shots look great- but as far as animation goes...oooh dreadful. O.K. if it were 80's standard- but to be a little harsh it reminded me of the money for nothing video by Dire Straights. I have been an artist/illustrator/toy designer for over 16 years and to be honest- I prefer traditional animation over 3d. So I'm sort of cynical to begin with- I just saw a clip and will watch it for the story, not the visuals. I think the worst bit of the animation is when the Georgia Moffet character is screaming it is so stiff and well...bad...I prefered the flash style animation of The Invasion...but still prefer the traditional 2d method...The problem with a lot of animation and design today is that so much focus is made in creating the look of the character...but not much in making the character move with believability. Stiff movement, odd mouth animation makes me feel like I am watching a SIMS game, not a mini toon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Dreamland (animated)   Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:28 am

Terrible facial animation. I saw better stuff from kids 6 years ago using Poser 3. Really distracts me from the story. They should have stuck with 2D, like greek9 said. In this day and age, if you go full-blown CGI, you gotta be very good. Still, we aren't the target audience.

My 16 year old daughter isn't interested. She wasn't interested in Infinite Quest, either. My son won't be born for another 5 weeks so I won't get a relevant opinion from him for a few years. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vicki

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Dreamland (animated)   Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:10 am

I really enjoyed this one...I liked it better than the Infinite Quest, which I also enjoyed. Neither one had "perfect" animation, but both were fun to watch!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.livejournal.com/users/fleurette
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Dreamland (animated)   Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:11 am

David Warner voices the villain. He's awesome. I hope he shows in Moffat-era Who.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dreamland (animated)   Today at 4:05 am

Back to top Go down

Dreamland (animated)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Spin Offs & Crossovers-
Jump to: