Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store

Share | 

what is "it"?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2106
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: what is "it"?   Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:08 pm

ok, guys, didn't want to give away too much in the subject. the dvd is out already, for planet of the dead, so i don't think this would be too much of a spoiler. "it is returning, through the dark".

what is the "it" in question. i've been thinking about this. they could have said "he", if they were talking about the master. but "it"seems more like a place, or thing.

since everyone's been talking about the return of the timelords, i'm going to go out on a limb and say the "it" in question is gallifrey. how is it coming back? i don't know. but if gallifrey does return, with a population of timelords, would the doctor be loved, or hated. he helped destroy them in the first place(sure it was to take out the daleks as well).

what does everyone think? what is "it"?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jonwes

Number of posts : 4623
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: what is "it"?   Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:33 pm

Well, remember when the Master kept talking about something in the dark, the thing that drove him mad? I think "it" is that thing... could it be Satan from the pit? Omega?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LakeErieMonster

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2007-02-05

PostSubject: Re: what is "it"?   Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:53 pm

"it" the knowledge within donna? she's rumored to be in the upcoming stuff yes?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Who North America

Number of posts : 5642

PostSubject: Re: what is "it"?   Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:10 pm

Maybe the Doctor was hinting that the EU would overturn their ban on incandescent light bulbs....
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://whona.realtvboard.com
DacaZ

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2009-06-07

PostSubject: Re: what is "it"?   Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:40 pm

The cast and crew are throwing up so much smoke and mirrors its hard to figure out what to think.

One quote suggested that characters that are coming back aren't coming back the way you think, hinting perhaps at some kind of dream sequences. The fact that The Master's wife is billed in the cast suggests this could be true. Why else would she come back?

I think whatever it is may be somehow manifest in The Doctor's nightmares. Not sure how happy I am about that, but it'll be cool to see what happens.

I thought I read somewhere that Timothy Dalton was seen wearing Time Lord robes, but again... it all could be dreams haunting the Doctor about his part in The Time War.

On a slightly related note: I got my Planet of the Dead DVD today and watched it. I didn't care for it all that much when I saw it when it first premiered, but one of Davies' quotes help put it in perspective. It was the last chance for The Doctor to have fun, because the rest of his tenure as The Doctor will be marked by the darkest of times.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.figurefanzero.com
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2106
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: what is "it"?   Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:08 am

i loved planet of the dead, especially on blu-ray. and the hour long confidential shed light on a few things. jonwes, i thought about the satan pit monster the first time i heard it was coming back from the dark. unfortunately(just like the reapers), i don't think that monster will ever reappear. it just bugs me that the word "it". it could mean person, place, or thing. i mean, gallifrey reappearing, especially before the new series would be a big deal. the time lords could be angry with the doctor, and force him to regenerate, like they did with the second. they could force him to stay on earth, like they did with the third. they could banish him for all time. just some ideas. imo, the return of the timelords would be a big enough send off for tenant. anything less(i.e.: the return of the daleks, the return of the master) would not be big enough in my mind to warrant a regeneration(he's already survived both).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LakeErieMonster

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2007-02-05

PostSubject: Re: what is "it"?   Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:12 pm

I really like the idea of gallifrey coming back. Maybe he is forced to regenerate in order to bring it back. Bret_Owen99 I'm with you I hope he goes down(regenrates) valiantlly or for some decent purpose or value.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DacaZ

PostSubject: Re: what is "it"?   Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:37 am

Wouldn't want him to just trip on a brick. How rubbish would that be?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: what is "it"?   Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:40 am

Or choke on a jelly baby
Back to top Go down
CJSchmidt

Number of posts : 618

PostSubject: Re: what is "it"?   Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:26 pm

Wouldn't it be all the more tragic to see 10 face impossible odds, cheat death, and save the day only to get stabbed by the Master (or whoever) right when he thinks everything is ok. Might be enough of a shock to regenerate into a more reserved Doctor as well as making a baddie (who obviously escapes) that people want to see the Doctor fight again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DacaZ

PostSubject: Re: what is "it"?   Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:40 pm

CJSchmidt wrote:
Wouldn't it be all the more tragic to see 10 face impossible odds, cheat death, and save the day only to get stabbed by the Master (or whoever) right when he thinks everything is ok.

I can picture this sequence and it would be pure awesomeness. The only thing that would spoil it is the fact that we all know his time is coming. Still, it would be really, really cool.

I still think nothing will beat going from 5 to 6. Having Peter Davison go out with a self less act of giving the last of the anti-toxin to Peri was so fitting for him.

Tennant's has to be really good, and I think it will be.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what is "it"?   Today at 7:52 am

Back to top Go down

what is "it"?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: