Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store

Share | 

11th Doctor's Outfit

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor's Outfit   Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:56 pm

I like it- I was thinking pee wee herman- but the doctor is a nerd and this is a great nerdy professor outfit. The action shots provided were great fun- I love it- so glad they did not go with the edward scissor hands/twilight look. I like the outfit because it harks back to the past and winks a little at the future- no complaints. The tardis- yes it looks pristine- but why? Could the old girl snuff it in the end of Tennant's turn- thus explaining how new the TARDIS looks? Can the tardis be a new tardis? The rules could go out the window- it is a new era....a new new new new new new new new new new new doctor....Just a stupid guess as always.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mysterylad

Number of posts : 1653
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor's Outfit   Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:46 pm

Maybe the rumored return of the Time Lords has something to do with the return to the TARDIS' original look?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.cmichaelhall.com
DacaZ

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2009-06-07

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor's Outfit   Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:18 pm

I love the outfit.

Not really into the new TARDIS look though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.figurefanzero.com

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor's Outfit   Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:47 pm

I'm not overly excited to be honest. I'm more scared actually, for the show! I'm woried it'll turn out terribley wrong but I spose I was dreading David Tennant and now he's my favourite Doctor! All can truthly change in just a 45 minute episode lol

Last edited by scarywood on Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Missed out a few words lol)
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2106
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor's Outfit   Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:11 pm

scarywood, i agree with you. greenk9, i honestly wonder is this outfit is a reaction to the fans outrage. all the first videos of matt smith, and even the doctor who magazine, had him in that "twilight" outfit. coupled with the way he looks, it made all the who fans worldwide let out a groan. i wonder if they went with this "nerdy" pastel colored suit so that they could get as far away from the twilight comparison as possible. if i'm right, and the twilight costume was supposed to be his, then i'm also right in thinking that the powers that be want to aim this show at tweens and kiddies more than adults and it's loyal fans.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mysterylad

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor's Outfit   Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:35 pm

I doubt it's that complicated...Smith isn't the first Doctor to have done publicity shots before his costume was chosen (Colin Baker leaps immediately to mind). That outfit was probably just what he showed up to the shoot wearing.
Back to top Go down
Nocturniah

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor's Outfit   Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:42 pm

I'm quite happy I have the option to dress up as the 11th Doctor for any costume parties or Halloween or similar without having to buy a single article of clothing. Just have to give up haircuts for a month prior.

Last edited by Nocturniah on Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/nocturniah
bret_owen99

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor's Outfit   Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:07 am

Nocturniah, that's pretty cool. however, there is one downside. people who don't know who doctor who is might think you are dressing up as tucker carlson.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nocturniah

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor's Outfit   Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:58 am

I dressed as the 10th Doctor, complete with 3D glasses and sonic screwdriver, for Halloween at work last year and heard, more than once, "It takes more than red shoes for it to be a costume <pause> why is that pen so big?" so I'd settle for being mistaken as Tucker Carlson against that fiasco any day. Smile
Back to top Go down
DoctorOlly

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2007-09-01

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor's Outfit   Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:39 am

Personally, I prefer this outfit:

I don't mind the new outfit, it's just that bow-tie that annoys me. And he looks too much like a science teacher.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Newton Gimmick

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2009-01-28

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor's Outfit   Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:59 am

Sorry, I think it looks TERRIBLE. He looks like Pee-Wee Herman. Seriously dude, go outside, get a tan.

I wouldn't totally hate the outfit if he at least wore pants that covered his boots, but high waters? This is going to be the first Doctor to end up getting wedgies from his enemies.

Get some pants that fit, some skin color and then call me again for another look.

This guy better have a KILLER personality or he's so gonna need to regenerate quick. I can already see how he dies. Clearly it won't be a flood cause those high waters will protect him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.infinitehollywood.com
Newton Gimmick

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2009-01-28

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor's Outfit   Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:04 am

"Oh no, it's the Daleks! RUN!"

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.infinitehollywood.com
WhoMA_Joe

Number of posts : 342
Registration date : 2007-05-09

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor's Outfit   Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:52 am

LMFAO He dose.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bret_owen99

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor's Outfit   Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:45 am

as much as i don't like the new pee-wee herman/george mcfly look, i at least think it's better than doctor "twilight". personally i can't stand the "twilight" novels, or the movie, and think it's the literary equivalent of a britney spears album(sure it's popular now, but will people remember it in 30 years?). the fact that he's as pale as a vampire, and the wierd hair didn't help matters when it came to comparisons. now that they are away from that, i just wonder how far they are willing to go to appeal to kids. the new tardis looks "colorized" to me, more cartoony than real. but it also means they can make all new merchandise to sell(and i'm sure that's why they changed it)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mysterylad

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor's Outfit   Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:57 pm

Cinematography 101: Don't judge the color of the new TARDIS until you see it on the show, properly lit as the production crew intended. We haven't seen any captures yet; all we've seen are set photos, for which the lighting scheme and the colors of the props weren't intended.
Back to top Go down
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor's Outfit   Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:30 pm

As much as I was skeptical about Matt, the outfit sets my fears at ease. The Doctor just isn't "cool" (same basic sentiment as bret_owen99 above). He's eccentric, he's odd, he's really old, he's an alien.
I like the return to the 60's style Police Box, too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.mikaljohnson.com
greenk9

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor's Outfit   Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:02 pm

call me scandalous, but I would like the doctor to change outfits more....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nocturniah

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor's Outfit   Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:22 pm

greenk9 wrote:

It would make the 27 versions of his figure we’ll all inevitably end up with a little easier to swallow.
Back to top Go down
greenk9

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor's Outfit   Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:11 pm

Nocturniah wrote:
greenk9 wrote:

It would make the 27 versions of his figure we’ll all inevitably end up with a little easier to swallow.

ha! Yes I do have quite a few versions of doc 10 is an understatement. doc11- hope ch/options does not do the same- you know they will...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LakeErieMonster

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2007-02-05

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor's Outfit   Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:10 pm

newtown gimmick- the pants are where i'm stck too. the rest i don't mind but the floods are just to hard to tolerate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bret_owen99

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor's Outfit   Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:32 pm

hey, mysterylad, about the publicity shots. you have a theory that he showed up in that outfit, and that's why he looked like that? did they also "just happen" to do the shots at night, with the tardis in a dark alley way? whoever was in charge of the photo shoot, or the way they staged it, should have gotten fired. the twilight/vampire thing has been done to death lately. personally i'm glad that when tennant first appeared, it was in sunlight, in jammies(how funny is that). after eccleston, we didn't need another dark/brooding doctor. from all the photos recently of amy pond, i'm glad they are going with lighter tones, and cheerier clothes. although i don't get the camo on river song(is she a rebel/soldier/commando?)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gregtdj

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-06-19

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor's Outfit   Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:01 pm

greenk9 wrote:
The tardis- yes it looks pristine- but why? Could the old girl snuff it in the end of Tennant's turn- thus explaining how new the TARDIS looks? Can the tardis be a new tardis? The rules could go out the window- it is a new era....a new new new new new new new new new new new doctor....Just a stupid guess as always.....

May not be so crazy. Apparently there was a part of the bad wolf bay scene cut in final edit of Journey's end where 10 gave 2.0 a piece of the tardis to grow his own, but they cut it to shorten the scene. And to keep everyone from going WTF!?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bret_owen99

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor's Outfit   Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:18 pm

hey gregtdj, i also think it wouldn't have made sense if they had left that scene in. i mean the "real" doctor was asking rose to watch the "genocidal" doctor, but then he was going to give him a tardis, so the "genocidal" doctor could travel around freely?

anyone else remember river song saying something to the doctor when he said he hadn't gotten a signal that donna had been beamed back to the tardis. she said maybe the coordinates slipped, because it(the tardis) is ancient equipment. to me, that phrase(from his future), would contridict a new tardis. he's always had the same tardis, in my view, he always should. that's like the theory going around that matt smith will be a pre-hartnell doctor(or his regenerations will be reset). if smith isn't doc 11, they are really messing this up. if it aint broke, why fix it. it's been the same doctor and the same tardis for the last 40 years, if they change either of those things at this point, they will lose a lot of long time fans(enough were upset at the "cheap" regeneration at the end of the stolen earth).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dalek Thay

Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 2008-07-12

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor's Outfit   Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:55 am

Yes, but I think that this costume is better, mainly because that 'emo' look was dark, and made him look a lot younger, like somebody fresh out of school. So this is better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mysterylad

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor's Outfit   Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:53 am

[quote="bret_owen99"]hey, mysterylad, about the publicity shots. you have a theory that he showed up in that outfit, and that's why he looked like that? did they also "just happen" to do the shots at night, with the tardis in a dark alley way?[quote]

Did I do something to piss you off? Why is this a subject to waste energy on being angry about? Whether it was intended or not, the Twilight look isn't what they ended up going with, so we're not stuck with it. What's the big deal?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 11th Doctor's Outfit   Today at 5:14 pm

Back to top Go down

11th Doctor's Outfit
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: