Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 

just for fun.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
hitman hart

Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: just for fun.   Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:58 pm

i was thinking with a new writer and actor comming on board we have a hypothetical thread for almost anything so.... what if joss whedon came on board and did three seasons of who with a woven story arch that played out over time. we could get cameos from his stock of actors or better yet a cameo of the time lord meets the slayer? or even better the tardis lands on the deck of serenity. ohh in my mind this is epic. feel free to share your impossible scenerios as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
terrasolo

Number of posts : 1478
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: just for fun.   Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:06 pm

Hate to be the pessimist here, but if it turned out anything like Buffy then I would have to stop watching Who. Buffy was torture for me to watch with my ex.

Fire Fly was much better though, still haven't seen all of it come to think of it, should get around to that.

I would say that cross over-wise I would not like to see any type of cross over. That is TW, SJA and DW I would be happy with but any other unrelated show I would not.

I would not mind seeing certain actors, but would prefer the show not turn into, say, "Buffy in Space" if they used to many.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.kasterborous.com
hitman hart

PostSubject: Re: just for fun.   Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:17 pm

i dont know if you look at whedons stock team of writers and producers you have a collection of the finest minds in sc fi tv. jane espenson, tim minear, david fury trickle through the xfiles battle star galactica and lost. honestly i love buffy. watched it many times and it just gets better and better to me. and i was kinda stuck up about it originally. the only reason i watched was because firefly blew me away and so i said why not. if this guy did buffy maybe i'll give it a shot. my love grew slow and steady. also but ive got this all planned out in my head. the year of cameos now. he could land on the enterprise. solve a case with mulder and scully or better yet he could be the alien that mulder is tracking. he could team up with buck rogers ahhhh. that is the best thing about the tardis that makes doctor who the greatest sc fi show of all. your not bound to one universe, time, or idea.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: just for fun.   Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:54 pm

I never got into Buffy or Angel, Angel mostly because of the backstory and I think both were on opposite other shows I watched.

I will say I finally saw the episode of Angel called 'Happy Time' I think, where he gets turned into a muppet. I couldnt get enough of it. I kinda wished they had kept that storyline going for a bit longer. They brought that little fabric vampire to life in that one episode.

It would be a real Hoot if they did that for Doctor Who. Imagine Tennant as a muppet! Maybe for the next Children in Need episode, with Tom Bakers Doctor as a muppet also.

How is that for a fun idea?
Back to top Go down
DoctorOlly

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2007-09-01

PostSubject: Re: just for fun.   Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:43 am

Ah, I'd love a Buffy/Doctor Who crossover. My two favourite shows of all time!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hitman hart

PostSubject: Re: just for fun.   Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:40 pm

the more i think about mulder dark and sulking, brooding and beat down from his quest for aliens only to find the flippant tea drinking doctor. i laugh. mulder fueled by the his recent discovery that the united nations intellegence task force has been covering up aliens for years. i laugh out loud. scully doubting only to be confounded by the presence of two hearts rationally explaining it away with rare cases. it could even help the xfiles because it ended with such a convoluted, incomprehensible ending who else but the doctor could tie up so many loose ends with 5 sentences. ahhhh. to funny. if nothing esle they could do great cameos with other sc fi institutions for children in need.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: just for fun.   Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:01 pm

DoctorOlly wrote:
Ah, I'd love a Buffy/Doctor Who crossover. My two favourite shows of all time!!

I wasnt really advocating a cross-over, more of just the experiment they did with that one episode of Angel. Although, considering it was a fantasy program experiment may not be the right word. But I did enjoy it.
Back to top Go down

just for fun.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: