Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store

Share | 

got my empress and chip!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
timlord

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2007-02-17

PostSubject: got my empress and chip!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:03 pm

heres some pics ,i ordered empress from uk and got under ten days!And got chip from austrailia quick too!!!!!!!!
my review of empress of racnoss; great sculpt,great articulation,you can pose legs to make tall or squat down!!!!!!!!
This is the best figure ive bought in many many years,totally totally worth it! may take half hour or so to pose in way you want,very fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!A++++++++++++++Be careful undoing package wires,there all over!!!!!!!!!!!

Now chip is another story after paying close to $40.00 usa to get loose from austrailia;disapointed!!!!!!

His sculpt ig great but no neck,or elbow movement!!!!!!!!!
He fits in well but might as well be statue!

so enjoy the pics!!!!!!!!and believe me empress is gonna be hard to top for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
NewtonDKC

Number of posts : 1376
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: got my empress and chip!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:32 pm

I didn't know about Chip's limited articulation - thanks for the info! So what does move on him - do his arms and legs move (well, I mean at the hip/thigh/crotch joint since you said the kness don't bend)?

Interesting - I guess he truly is just an "accessory" to gthe main figure Cassandra. Which I still need both of them, so I envy you! :-)

Now I can't wait for WhoNA to get the Racnoss Qu- err EMpress (I always want to call her the Queen!). And of course I'd just be the happiest Who-fan in all of Whovian Fandomia if they'd ever do a further run of the Holy Triumvirate of Figures - Cassandra, Moxx and Sycorax! I must have them, I must, I MUST!!! <said in grating Dalek tones> :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
timlord

PostSubject: Re: got my empress and chip!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:11 pm

hi ill try and be clearer,his head,elbows have no articulation,his arms can move up and down,his knees do bend,it appears he can kinda sit with some tugging,his coat makes movement restricted!doctorwhoonline confirms he will be repackaged with rose,they have many new figures listed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FUNCHOMCLALA

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2007-02-06

PostSubject: Re: got my empress and chip!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:51 pm

The way we describe it here in MA is there are "detailed" figures and "basic" figures. The cybermen/krillitanes/clockwork men are "detailed" and Chip/Rose/space pig are "basic". They are simply money saving figures that usually come with another figure. I'm all for it if it means getting a Chip vs. no Chip.

The funny thing about Chip is, in "New Earth", he does run along with straight arms! Watch it again! lol

PS. How much was the Empress? I'm hoping WhoNA has her for less than $60!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
timlord

PostSubject: Re: got my empress and chip!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:57 pm

well now my impatience as cost me paid like $75.00 to buy empress from uk!
But now i see another usa store has preorder for her at $39.99,and whona will hopefully have at same price or cheaper for those who dont have her!!!!!!!
I think the fact that who toys were number one sellers in a few categories in uk,has really spearned interest from usa retailers,ive noticed quite a few stores that are now taking orders(hoping to cash in)!

But i have a question;how do some retailers say charge $9.99 for a cyberman and others $17.99??
$99.99,for a dalek,while some charge only $35.99?

IS that greed,or due to just having different methods of obtaining??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JohnPertwee

Number of posts : 504
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: got my empress and chip!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:17 pm

Greed. Higher overhead. Who knows?

As long as WhoNA gets them in cheaper and can sell them for less, I don't care.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
timlord

PostSubject: Re: got my empress and chip!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:28 pm

well i agree! the prices at whona on most items are cheaper or same as other places!especially the 5 inch figures the prices are best! but iam still hoping for a werewolf sale,maybe half off and id buy a few more!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thedoctor

Number of posts : 1007
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: got my empress and chip!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:43 am

here's greed for you. i went to the "toyman" toy show here in st. louis mo. this weekend and a guy had the lastest figures for $25.00 each the cyberman with gun arm $40.00. i kid you not. he had no idea what a cassandra and chip was and yelled "do you know what it cost to ship these thing's from the u.k." when i asked why they were so high. so i pointed to a sticker on the back from under ground toys and said "did you get these thing's from whona.com, i got these from there for $9.95, and they came with the same sticker. i would have taken it off before pulling the postage thing." two other people who were looking at them walked away hopefully to place orders.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JohnPertwee

Number of posts : 504
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: got my empress and chip!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:50 am

LMAO! As a part time toy dealer, I know people like that.

If I wasn't getting out of the toy business I would buy a crap load from WhoNA and sell them at shows for $15 each. My toy dealer name is Time Lord Toys, so people always asked me where the Doctor Who stuff was. I sold Dapol toys for a few months, and they went very quickly.

I have sold about half of my Star Wars stuff and have some rare stuff left. Now that I have the best Who toys ever I need to make room for more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: got my empress and chip!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Today at 5:19 pm

Back to top Go down

got my empress and chip!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Product Discussion :: Product Reviews & Photos-
Jump to: