Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 

Why I download Doctor Who { E13 spoiler? }

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JohnPertwee

Number of posts : 504
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Why I download Doctor Who { E13 spoiler? }   Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:37 am

Did you watch The Stolen Earth last night on SciFi? They TOTALLY ruined the cliffhanger with the preview for next week. They also cut the hell out of it.

THAT is why I watch the BBC version. The BBC showed nothing of The Doctor after the regeneration. SciFi, on the other hand...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tuf

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2007-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Why I download Doctor Who { E13 spoiler? }   Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:21 pm

The cuts are bad but understandable. That preview for Jouney's End was awful. They could not have given anymore away if they tried. Even if you haven't seen next weeks episode yet, you really don't need to watch after that trailer.

Last edited by Tuf on Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gregtdj

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Why I download Doctor Who { E13 spoiler? }   Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:58 pm

JohnP wrote:
Did you watch The Stolen Earth last night on SciFi? They TOTALLY ruined the cliffhanger with the preview for next week. They also cut the hell out of it.

All the more reason to grab the DVD's from WHONA when they hit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CrochetOwl

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Why I download Doctor Who { E13 spoiler? }   Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:48 am

As soon as I saw the cuts made in Turn Left (within the first 30 seconds last week), I wasn't even going to bother watching this week's eppie (which is my favorite for the 4th series) but I did catch the promo for next week which I couldn't believe Sci-Fi pretty much ruined everything for anyone who didn't catch it in some form online. The BBC didn't even include a trailer after the episode aired until later and even then it didn't give away ANY of the plot whatsoever (more teaser than anything). At least Sci-Fi isn't suppose to cut anything out of next week's finale which I will watch after it's airing (e.g., FFing the commercials).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MatthewRex

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Why I download Doctor Who { E13 spoiler? }   Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:15 pm

I don't pay for cable, because I just don't watch too much American television anymore! I download Doctor Who episodes as they air overseas, and as soon as they're released on DVD I buy them.

I don't think that sort of practice should be considered "wrong". Especially since the Sci-Fi channel supposedly butchers the episodes. I would never want to experience Doctor Who like that.

Sadly I haven't picked up Torchwood or Robin Hood because BBC DVDs are
so heinously overpriced it's disgusting. Is there a reason for this?
I'd love to own Robin Hood and Torchwood on Bluray, but I fear they're
way too expensive to afford right now.

As for the classic episodes, I do a mixture of downloading, Netflix, and purchasing them. A fair amount of each!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.matthewrex.com

Why I download Doctor Who { E13 spoiler? }
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: