Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 

Time War Casualties?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
cmdrkoenig67

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2007-02-17

PostSubject: Time War Casualties?   Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:55 pm

Hi folks, I'm new and I hope I'm not being too presumptious creating a new thread and all...

There has been some discussion on another MB about the Doctor's cold-heartedness lately. Some have said it's because he lost all his people. I don't see that he's ever been terribly close to his own race, but I had a thought....What if the Doctor lost more than just his people in the Time War? What if Leela and K-9 MK I, Romana and K-9 Mk II were all involved and lost in the war? That would mean he probably lost a few folks he really cared about. I suppose it's even possible that Susan (the Doctor's grandaughter) was involved...We may never know.

I can definitely see losing a few loved-ones turning his heart to stone, more than losing his own race (whom he didn't much care for).

On another, but related note: The Nestene were apparently involved in the Time War too (check out the first episode, where the Ninth Doctor is talking with the Nestene conciousness)...And apparently they too were almost completely wiped out. We know the Daleks were in the war...I think the Doctor mentioned many other races being involved too. Does anyone else know if any other Time War races are mentioned by name (besides the Time Lords, Daleks and Nestene)?

Dana
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Time War Casualties?   Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:34 pm

He was at the fall of... uh... crud, I can't remember the name. Arcadia?

I don't know whose world that was, but going by the name I'd guess it was some innocent bystander type world that the Doctor felt he needed to save, but failed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.mikaljohnson.com
cmdrkoenig67

PostSubject: Re: Time War Casualties?   Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:58 pm

Arcadia? As in "The Testament of Arcadia"? LOL...Kidding (Space:1999 fans will get that).

Thank you, Calixar, I didn't recall that referrence. I was wondering if there were others mentioned.

Dana
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brain of Davros

Number of posts : 1040
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Time War Casualties?   Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:19 am

Poor Barussa must be dead too
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cmdrkoenig67

PostSubject: Re: Time War Casualties?   Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:35 am

Or trapped in eternal stone, at least.

Dana
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Time War Casualties?   Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:18 pm

It may have been in an extra-canonicty storyline, but wasn't Borusa freed and another took his place?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.mikaljohnson.com
cinnur

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2007-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Time War Casualties?   Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:57 am

cmdrkoenig67 wrote:
Arcadia? As in "The Testament of Arcadia"? LOL...Kidding (Space:1999 fans will get that).

Thank you, Calixar, I didn't recall that referrence. I was wondering if there were others mentioned.

Dana

Will have to go and watch that episode again and see if a blue police box can be seen anywhere in the background.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cmdrkoenig67

PostSubject: Re: Time War Casualties?   Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:40 pm

cinnur wrote:
cmdrkoenig67 wrote:

Dana

Will have to go and watch that episode again and see if a blue police box can be seen anywhere in the background.

LOL....I just noticed it's spelled differently...Poop! Space:1999's is Arkadia, not Arcadia...Oh well.

Dana Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Time War Casualties?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: