Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store

Share | 

Turn Left

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2106
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Turn Left   Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:54 pm

Rust wrote:
bret_owen99 wrote:
as far as the ending being cheesy, do you mean the bad wolf ending, or the ending in which donna has to kill herself to save herself?

Both. The biggest thing for me with the "Donna Has to Kill Herself" bit was that while she died to prevent her past self from turning the wrong way, she was immediately resurrected and remembered (if briefly) what happened.

i liked that there were two donnas. the one donna went through the heck of the universe without the doctor. the "real" donna lived, without the memmories that would have made her a sadder, grimmer version of herself. sort of like connor in the angel tv series(for those that know that storyline).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Turn Left   Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:13 pm

Well it's nice to hear I'm not alone in not liking this episode. I don't think I've ever read anyone say anything bad about it, which really confused me just because I hated it so much. I found the whole thing really cheesy and just plain dumb. It doesn't help that I deeply despise the Donna character.

I've found for some reason most of the favourite episodes of the masses are ones I really don't like. Father's Day, Androzani, Fenric, Library/Forest, are all ranked very low by me. And I really liked Love & Monsters. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Turn Left   Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:18 am

rdks wrote:

I've found for some reason most of the favourite episodes of the masses are ones I really don't like. Father's Day

P
ersonally, I find Father's Day slightly boring. It's one of the problems with putting an episode like that in the middle of the season: We know things will go back to Status Quo by Hour's End. Father's Day would have been a lot more tense as part one of a Season Finale.

Quote :
And I really liked Love & Monsters. Wink

What Madness is this? It has a friggen Scooby Doo Chase Sequence in the opening five minutes!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Turn Left   Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:02 am

Rust wrote:
rdks wrote:

I've found for some reason most of the favourite episodes of the masses are ones I really don't like. Father's Day

P
ersonally, I find Father's Day slightly boring. It's one of the problems with putting an episode like that in the middle of the season: We know things will go back to Status Quo by Hour's End. Father's Day would have been a lot more tense as part one of a Season Finale.

Quote :
And I really liked Love & Monsters. Wink

What Madness is this? It has a friggen Scooby Doo Chase Sequence in the opening five minutes!

I agree completely with most of your points on these episodes (and other topics, like Martha and the Master). I myself tend to deny the existence of 'Love and Monsters'.
Back to top Go down
Shatterbang

Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Turn Left   Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:56 am

I love 'Love and Monsters' too....

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://emerdelac.wordpress.com
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2106
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Turn Left   Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:10 pm

this topic needs to turn left again, it's derailed....
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Turn Left   Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:05 pm

bret_owen99 wrote:
this topic needs to turn left again, it's derailed....

TURN! TURN! Laughing

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Turn Left   Today at 6:32 am

Back to top Go down

Turn Left
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Episode Discussion-
Jump to: