Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 

Tom baker box sets pre order

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Bob1963

Number of posts : 1104
Registration date : 2012-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Tom baker box sets pre order   Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:03 pm

That would be a nice way of introducing new fans to the showing by giving away any left over R1 DVDs, I cant remember all the extras on The Ark in Space but I am assuming it had the omnibus version on it as an extra ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whooz

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2017-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Tom baker box sets pre order   Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:09 pm

Bob1963 wrote:
That would be a nice way of introducing new fans to the showing by giving away any left over R1 DVDs,  I cant remember all the extras on The Ark in Space but I am assuming it had the omnibus version on it as an extra ?

yes, the special edition release had the omnibus as one of the extras, plus a new documentary.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9599
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Tom baker box sets pre order   Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:12 pm

I have some employees that like Doctor Who, so I may give mine to them, for rewards for doing a great job or something! LOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bob1963

Number of posts : 1104
Registration date : 2012-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Tom baker box sets pre order   Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:18 pm

A great way to keep the classic series sprit alive and well. Sharing is caring. Who knows one day they might even get the idea to release a complete set of omnibus story's on DVD. I must admit I knew a great many fans who discovered the series threw the movie versions of the series.

I did discover the show in 1975 in episodic format but by 1976 and 1977 KCET 28 in Los Angeles did air episodic version of at least The Daemons, The Curse of Peladon and The Mutants which I remember watching on Saturday afternoons. Long before the Tom Baker episode's were offered
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rogue

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Tom baker box sets pre order   Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:18 pm

amckinney wrote:
Rogue wrote:
And if they were really concerned about preorders, they should have run with the season specific logo instead of foisting the 2018 one onto this set Wink

Unfortunately, that wasn't their choice to make. The new head of "branding" has decreed that all Doctor Who products heneforth must carry the "current" series logo. They intend Doctor Who to now be a single unified brand. No more splitting up "past Doctors" from "current Doctor."

Too bad about that. I'm sure in 10 years no one will care about the current new logo. I can't say that I've liked any of the 2005+ logo designs.

I can always make my own slipcase for this set. Maybe a retro VHS style one, kind of like the Stranger Things Blu-ray set exclusive to a certain big box store.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winter

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2016-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Tom baker box sets pre order   Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:32 pm

Alright, so anyway I spot this on Wikipedia and it gets me thinking... I purchased the Blu-ray of the 8th Doctor and It looks amazing at 525 line NTSC so wouldn't 625 line pal look even better? Thats what the 3rd and 4th doctor were filmed in. The 525 line is 30 fps while the 625 line is 25fps so a little different but couldn't you pull a vidfire and create more fps to bring out more detail or am I misunderstanding? ( I know 70's who was rerecorded on tape but wasn't the Doctor who movie also on tape?)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winter

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2016-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Tom baker box sets pre order   Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:46 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Tom baker box sets pre order
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Product Discussion :: Home Media & Multimedia-