Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 

Current UK B&M re-releases

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ianotimelord

Number of posts : 1461
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Current UK B&M re-releases   Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:04 pm

Three sets available in the discount store. 9th Doctor set: Auton, 9th Doctor & Rose, 4th Doctor set: 4th Doctor Pyramids of Mars, K9 (darker grey & Leela) & Monster set: Attack Cyberman (minus goo and fixed face plate), Cybercontroller and Sontaran.

Last edited by Ianotimelord on Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://doctorwhotoys.forumshome.com/
Ianotimelord

PostSubject: Re: Current UK B&M re-releases   Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:05 pm

Left side new release.

Back to top Go down
Whooz

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2017-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Current UK B&M re-releases   Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:32 pm

I would like to get the monster set, shame I dont live in the UK
Back to top Go down
View user profile
amckinney

Number of posts : 477
Registration date : 2010-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Current UK B&M re-releases   Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:31 am

Seems odd they packed a New Series Sontaran with those two Cybermen, when there were Classic Series Sontarans available to re-use.

Oh, how I wish Series 1 Rose could've been re-done! That figure looks so out-of-place. If they could've gotten away with a lower body-swap with the other Rose figure (to allow for articulation), anything (unless it would've looked too weird).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ianotimelord

PostSubject: Re: Current UK B&M re-releases   Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:59 am

amckinney wrote:
Seems odd they packed a New Series Sontaran with those two Cybermen, when there were Classic Series Sontarans available to re-use.

Oh, how I wish Series 1 Rose could've been re-done! That figure looks so out-of-place. If they could've gotten away with a lower body-swap with the other Rose figure (to allow for articulation), anything (unless it would've looked too weird).

I think it was an easy re-release. The 9th Doctor is from the 13 Doctors set. K9 no longer has the removable panel. I think the 9th Doctor set will be a peg warmer.
Back to top Go down
djdwtw101785

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2014-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Current UK B&M re-releases   Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:37 am

So is Whona going get these sets & maybe the others like the one with classic ice warrior & Zygon? ???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FUNCHOMCLALA

Number of posts : 1357
Registration date : 2007-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Current UK B&M re-releases   Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:14 pm

Did they fix Leela's hips? I'd go for that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ianotimelord

PostSubject: ygon   Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:36 pm

djdwtw101785 wrote:
So is Whona going get these sets & maybe the others  like the one with classic ice warrior & Zygon? ???

Zygon one I think was last years or the year before.
Back to top Go down
squishy

Number of posts : 2195
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Current UK B&M re-releases   Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:46 pm

djdwtw101785 wrote:
So is Whona going get these sets & maybe the others  like the one with classic ice warrior & Zygon? ???

WhoNA did get the "Master+Jo+3rd Doctor" set last year. I think they need to sell another 1000 or 2000 sets before they would think about getting another UK exclusive set over here in the USA.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
djdwtw101785

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2014-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Current UK B&M re-releases   Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:52 pm

I was really hoping whona would get sets like this
It's a great way to build monster armies
I trying to start a classic monster armies building
Back to top Go down
View user profile
skifflebits

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2015-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Current UK B&M re-releases   Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:41 pm

squishy wrote:
djdwtw101785 wrote:

WhoNA did get the "Master+Jo+3rd Doctor" set last year.  I think they need to sell another 1000 or 2000 sets before they would think about getting another UK exclusive set over here in the USA.

Welllll... That's not entirely accurate. I understand WhoNA paid through the nose to have that 3rd Doctor set bet an exclusive when UT wasn't even considering distributing the set.

I'm sure if UT starting distributing the current crop of B&M sets here in the US, WhoNA would probably order a case or two to sell in their shop.

But you're right in that there's no way they'd order a few thousand again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brain of Davros

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Current UK B&M re-releases   Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:26 pm

If WhoNA was allowed to choose what was in the set I'm sure they would have sold triple of what they did and be left with very little extra stock.

A Timelord,Wheel Cyberman,and some Classic Dalek perhaps or throw in an Ainley Master too
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FUNCHOMCLALA

Number of posts : 1357
Registration date : 2007-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Current UK B&M re-releases   Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:47 pm

Brain of Davros wrote:
If WhoNA was allowed to choose what was in the set I'm sure they would have sold triple of what they did and be left with very little extra stock.

A Timelord,Wheel Cyberman,and some Classic Dalek perhaps or throw in an Ainley Master too

Yes we know there's a Wheel prototype out there and time lords in various colors seems like a no-brainer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
squishy

Number of posts : 2195
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Current UK B&M re-releases   Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:01 pm

skifflebits wrote:
squishy wrote:
djdwtw101785 wrote:

WhoNA did get the "Master+Jo+3rd Doctor" set last year.  I think they need to sell another 1000 or 2000 sets before they would think about getting another UK exclusive set over here in the USA.

Welllll... That's not entirely accurate.  I understand WhoNA paid through the nose to have that 3rd Doctor set bet an exclusive when UT wasn't even considering distributing the set.

I'm sure if UT starting distributing the current crop of B&M sets here in the US, WhoNA would probably order a case or two to sell in their shop.

But you're right in that there's no way they'd order a few thousand again.

I think you're correct. It's a matter of Underground Toys wanting to distribute to the USA and if there are any other retailers willing to split up the order. The recent 12th Doctor Hoodie/10th Tuxedo figures were not going to get a Underground release so WhoNA went on their own to swap product and get us a couple dozen figures. That's how I remember getting my figures.

But it's harder when there is a UK Supermarket with an exclusive. I don't think WhoNA can ask a grocer to swap 12 1st Doctor and Dalek 2-packs for a dozen new 3-packs. If the USA wants a matching re-paint set then either UGT needs a dozen retailers willing to take a few hundred figures each or WhoNA steps up to take all 2000 sets.

I'm glad I've supported WhoNA through the years since they're bending over backwards to get as many sets as they do while other online retailers must no longer be interested.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TOMFAN

Number of posts : 509
Registration date : 2014-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Current UK B&M re-releases   Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:27 pm

I modified my one, I had to get rid of those huge ridiculously awful eyebrows they'd given him, and the paint job on the waistcoat was absolutely abysmal, so that had to be changed as well!

Oh, and the hat needed to be green!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bob1963

Number of posts : 1039
Registration date : 2012-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Current UK B&M re-releases   Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:46 pm

I missed the Cybercontroller when it ws released but alas I did get it from the UK an eaglemoss figurine in todays post
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whooz

PostSubject: Re: Current UK B&M re-releases   Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:23 pm

I am still trying to source out the Monster set and the 4th doc one. I want the 4th Doc one just to have something boxed up still, and it looks cool.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bob1963

Number of posts : 1039
Registration date : 2012-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Current UK B&M re-releases   Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:04 pm

you might find them on amazon uk (the B & M ones)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GeminiPete

Number of posts : 429
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Current UK B&M re-releases   Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:26 pm

I was able to find a frightfully decent chap on Gallifreybase that found the figures for me that I wanted (thanks again Dean!) - I have wanted a Classic K9 since CO first started making Classics and could never understand why they didn’t just release one sans the metallic blue paint ops! So finally, finally I have an honest tomgoodness grey CO K9!!!

He even has his little side scanner screen painted a light blueish with a black outline. Side door no longer opens but no complaints at all, LOVE this little plastic tin dog! :-)

He also sent me the Cyberman and CyberController. The Cyberman looks fantastic and is not the removable faceplate one from the Peri 2 pack but the Earthshock one with the Peri 2 packs better boots. The Tomb Controller doesn’t fall apart like my build a figure version, nor can I pull him apart, making me wonder if they did a bit of tweak tooling?

All in all wonderful hi quality figures, well done B&M!

Now if they’d just release a Revenge Cyberman, Classic Sontaran and the Giant Robot in their n3xt pack I’ll squee! :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whooz

PostSubject: Re: Current UK B&M re-releases   Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:02 pm

You lucky so and so! Congrats!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Current UK B&M re-releases
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1