Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 

RIP Trevor Baxter

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9574
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: RIP Trevor Baxter   Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:53 pm

Prof. George Litefoot. I have always enjoyed him in Talons and the audios.
https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/rip-trevor-baxter-from-jago-and-litefoot-and-doctor-who
Back to top Go down
View user profile
squishy

Number of posts : 2193
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: RIP Trevor Baxter   Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:18 pm

Sorry to see him go so soon. Well, I was actually surprised he was still working when the "Jago and Litefoot" audios began. And what a great Big Finish series they have been. Disappointed that Big Finish have said that all the recorded material they have has already been released. I've got the first 12 series and hopefully WhoNA will get the 13th soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thebreen

Number of posts : 820
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: RIP Trevor Baxter   Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:56 pm

Very sad. He was a great actor. I enjoyed hearing his recollections (along with Christopher Benjamin) in that biography recording Big Finish did.

A pity there will be no more made after 13. I just picked up series 5-10 of Jago and Litefoot a few months ago... they are so good!

Also a pity, my hopes of a full-cast Jago&Litefoot/Paternoster Gang /Torchwood 1900 crossover will never see fruition either!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bob1963

Number of posts : 1019
Registration date : 2012-01-06

PostSubject: Re: RIP Trevor Baxter   Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:46 pm

Perhaps they can honor him by having Henry Gordon Jago in his own story perhaps looking for what has happened to the now missing Professor George Litefoot
Back to top Go down
View user profile
squishy

PostSubject: Re: RIP Trevor Baxter   Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:35 pm

I thought about having one last Jago Companion Chronicle type story where he recounts the end of Litefoot.  But Doctor who doesn't really ever recognize the passing of old friends and companions.  We did get the mention when Matt Smith called the Brig to go out on the town, but that I think has been a singular experience.  Otherwise Harry Sullivan is still around, just not available on screen.  There are a pair of school teachers mentioned during the SJA show that never seem to grow old despite Jacqueline  Hill being long absent.  An interesting idea, but Doctor Who usually let's companions live on forever in books and other media rather than definitely let them go.

And with the wonderful character Trevor Baxter created I'm not sure I'd really want him to come to an end. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bob1963

PostSubject: Re: RIP Trevor Baxter   Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:31 pm

Well if B F wants to continue to use the Character of Henry Gordon Jago they either explain what has happened to him or simply don't mention him again. I could see a sixth Doctor story with them finding out what has happened to the Professor
Back to top Go down
View user profile
squishy

PostSubject: Re: RIP Trevor Baxter   Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:30 am

Or bring back Sir Keith Gold to help fill in the missing voices on more 3rd Doctor and 4th Doctor adventures and keep Christopher Benjamin working. Maybe he and Jo and UNIT had several adventures back in the 1970's (or was it the 1980's?).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bob1963

PostSubject: Re: RIP Trevor Baxter   Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:51 pm

I have been wondering for years why they have not had him as Sir Keith Gold on the audios
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thebreen

Number of posts : 820
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: RIP Trevor Baxter   Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:27 pm

Bringing Sir Keith Gold into Big Finish is a wonderful notion! He could easily show up in the UNIT audios, maybe even as a 'former Prime Minister'?!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

RIP Trevor Baxter
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: