Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 

The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Rogue

Number of posts : 930
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?    Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:16 pm

I think it's only the first episode of the new season that will be 60 minutes. Then the rest are 50 minutes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bob1963

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2012-01-06

PostSubject: Re: The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?    Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:45 pm

And that is assuming every episode actually runs to 50 minutes. I am betting its a 50 minute time slot and we will have shows that run between 42 and 46 minutes any way.

Still with only 10 episodes its not much of a season, blink and you will miss it.

I have come to realize that I get more Doctor Who over the past 20 years from Big Finish than I do from the BBC.

Looked at the radio log I keep for my Big Finish listening ( I know that's silly but when I restarted listening to BF again in June 2012 after a five year gap I started to keep a diary listing the date of every BF production I listen to).

I average 43 weeks of first run Doctor Who from Big Finish while 11 weeks from the BBC In an attempt at continuity I listen and watch at the same time every week (Saturday for BBC-TV) and late Sunday evening early Monday morning for Big Finish.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winter

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2016-02-23

PostSubject: Re: The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?    Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:03 pm

last years overnight was 5.8 million for the Christmas episode, It was also the least watched of all the Christmas episodes...Twice upon a time looks to be a contender for the least viewed doctor who Christmas special ever. I'll wait a couple of weeks and see the final viewing numbers but perhaps this Jodie led Doctor Era isn't as well received as the media is letting on. I feel a regeneration of the wilderness years coming round again😕
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winter

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2016-02-23

PostSubject: Re: The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?    Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:06 pm

here are my predictions for final viewing numbers for next season from earlier in the thread.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 6408
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?    Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:06 pm

This past season's viewing figures weren't that great anyhow, with only "The Pilot" even going over 6 million UK viewers...and there hasn't been a regular season episode over 7 million UK since "Death in Heaven" back in 2014.

So...viewership has been going down over the last few years anyhow...
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Rogue

Number of posts : 930
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?    Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:09 pm

It doesn't help that they keep pushing the show back a year, or from throwing in a year and a half delay between seasons.  We should be watching Series 12 this year, but instead we just broke into Series 10.  Of course that all started with Tennant's "off" year of specials. I don't think it helps when there isn't a regularity to the show.

I'd say they need new blood running the show more often. No more JNTs or Moffats.  A Doctor shouldn't leave because the producer left.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

The New 13th Doctor - Time for a Time Lady?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: