Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 

How much would you spend on a hypothetical 13 companions set

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
j3h

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2014-03-25

PostSubject: How much would you spend on a hypothetical 13 companions set   Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:59 pm

If there was to be a 13 companions (one per doctor) boxset of all new sculpts of unmade characters/outfits, what is the maximum you would spend? $250 US? $300???

The packaging would be similar to last year's 13 Doctors set...a "companion piece" if you will Wink

I'm sure you guys could make a better list than I, but for example:

Susan for First
Jamie for second
Liz for Third
Romana for Fourth
Adric for Fifth
Forbisher for Sixth
Melanie for seventh
Grace for Eighth
The Moment for War
Jackie Tyler for Ninth
Wilfred for Tenth
Clara (Time of the Doctor outfit) for Eleventh
Bill for Twelfth
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hispro

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2010-05-18

PostSubject: Re: How much would you spend on a hypothetical 13 companions set   Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:35 pm

I'd spend up to $300 if it went something like this:

Susan
Jamie
Sarah Jane or Liz
Romana II
Tegan
Peri (TOATL)
Mel
Grace
Rose (from Rose)
Donna (any new outfit)
Amy or Clara (any new outfit)
Bill
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.historicalproductionsinc.com
FUNCHOMCLALA

Number of posts : 1354
Registration date : 2007-02-06

PostSubject: Re: How much would you spend on a hypothetical 13 companions set   Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:40 pm

Yeah I'd be down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pixletwin

Number of posts : 2703
Registration date : 2008-07-11

PostSubject: Re: How much would you spend on a hypothetical 13 companions set   Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:23 pm

$250 feels about right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jjm3

Number of posts : 269
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: How much would you spend on a hypothetical 13 companions set   Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:36 pm

What was the 13 Doctors box set... around $120, $130? I feel like my maximum would be between that $130 price and $150.

Of course, that's easy to say when I'm not looking at it and panicking with a "I have to have it!" collector's feeling... Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Winter

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2016-02-23

PostSubject: Re: How much would you spend on a hypothetical 13 companions set   Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:10 pm

I would do $250 definitely for a set that included mostly unreleased companions.
1. Susan, 2. jamie, zoe, &victoria , 3. Liz, 4.Romana one and two, 5. Nyssa, Adric, and Teagan, 6. Mel, 8. Grace 12.Bill... So basically my 13 companions would be mostly classics...As that would make any Completest happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winter

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2016-02-23

PostSubject: Re: How much would you spend on a hypothetical 13 companions set   Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:14 pm

Although honestly, if they released all of the companions seperate for $40.00 a piece then i would still buy every one of them...which would make the damage on my wallet $520.00 sooo I'm going to change it and say $520.00 for my wish list.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: How much would you spend on a hypothetical 13 companions set   Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:41 pm

I wouldn't pay any more than the status quo on these...so up to $25 tops for a single or $125 for a 13 figure set. I don't care who's in it.

No way I'd pay much more for a 5" figure from a dead line, no matter how much I love the show.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thebreen

Number of posts : 803
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: How much would you spend on a hypothetical 13 companions set   Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:54 am

IF it was truly ALL new sculpts, well-done, and nicely painted, then yeah, I'd pay $300, maybe even as high as $400 if I really liked all the figures.

On the other hand, it seems that CO relies (or at least seems to believe they must rely) on 'repaints' and reuses of pre-existing sculpts to make their sets profitable.  I'd say it's more reasonable to assume that at least 6 figures in any '13 companion' set would be re-issued/repainted figures. If THAT were the case, I'd be down to $150-200 range.

That said, here's what I'd like to see:
All-New:
-Susan from "An Unearthly Child" or "The Dalek Invasion of Earth"
-Jamie McCrimmon
-Sarah Jane Smith from "The Time Warrior" (only because I really want a Romana II figure to go with the fourth Doctor!)
-Romana II from "The Horns of Nimon" or "Destiny of the Daleks"
-Tegan (Flight attendant uniform, or her outfit from "Resurrection of the Daleks"
-Mel (Only because I feel 3 Peri's is enough)
-Ace from "Battlefield" or "Survival" (Only because Bernice Summerfield would be a longshot!)
-Grace (only because Charlotte Pollard and Lucy Miller are also longshots!)
-WAR DOCTOR - "The Moment" Rose
-Jackie Tyler (or a Rose resculpt)
-Wilfred Mott (or a resculpt of "Doctor Donna" from "Journey's End")
-Clara from "Day of the Doctor" or "Time of the Doctor"
-Bill

Honestly, I'd settle for a 'gap-filler' 3-pack companion set - a box that would give us companions for the the classic Doctors that don't have them yet:
Susan, Jamie, and Tegan. I'd pay up to $100 for that!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9540
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: How much would you spend on a hypothetical 13 companions set   Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:10 pm

I agree with Seadevil. $125-$150 tops. And even then, I may pass, depending on who would be in it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brain of Davros

Number of posts : 1068
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: How much would you spend on a hypothetical 13 companions set   Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:55 pm

$90 on clearance
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackarrow

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2015-11-14

PostSubject: Re: How much would you spend on a hypothetical 13 companions set   Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:09 pm

^^Agreed, I would wait until it was on sale for $90 or less.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

How much would you spend on a hypothetical 13 companions set
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Product Discussion :: Toys & Releases-
Jump to: