Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 

Capaldi hoodie figures are freaking tall

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
digby

Number of posts : 515
Registration date : 2007-09-28

PostSubject: Re: Capaldi hoodie figures are freaking tall   Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:19 pm

Ben C. wrote:

digby wrote:
I think you might have got the last SG they had! Very Happy  Nothing but strats left on ebay for the moment. But I love that I have a brand name I can follow up on!!!

And are you gonna put the guitar on the hoodie capaldi?

Yea - it looks that way. But I'm sure they'll get more in stock - at least you know what to look for! And no - sticking with just my 'H3ll Bent' version of Capaldi - nothing is really close enough to the Yamaha to make me want to do a 'Bootstrap Paradox' Capaldi Smile

Well, I'm still waiting for my hoodies to arrive from across the deep blue sea, so there will probably be an SG that turns up eventually. Those things look so good I'm half tempted to find a black strat and try to customize it into a Yamaha. I also believe I was the very first person to EVER make such a statement in the history of the world!

Seriously though I'm just glad you found something this perfect, have shown that it works and looks great on the figure and then passed on the brand name and size info to the rest of us. That's 3/4 of the battle right there, thanks!

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.toweroftechnobabble.com
digby

PostSubject: Re: Capaldi hoodie figures are freaking tall   Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:31 pm

Blackarrow wrote:
Nice pic! I just picked up an F-Toys Cherry red SG for $14.99 and a white SG for $15.19 with free shipping on Ebay.cheers

Thank you Blackarrow for the tip, I now have a red SG on the way!!!!
Back to top Go down
Blackarrow

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2015-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Capaldi hoodie figures are freaking tall   Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:11 am

digby wrote:
Blackarrow wrote:
Nice pic! I just picked up an F-Toys Cherry red SG for $14.99 and a white SG for $15.19 with free shipping on Ebay.cheers

You're welcome, digby! You made my day, three times over!! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ben C.

Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2014-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Capaldi hoodie figures are freaking tall   Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:43 am

digby wrote:
Well, I'm still waiting for my hoodies to arrive from across the deep blue sea, so there will probably be an SG that turns up eventually. Those things look so good I'm half tempted to find a black strat and try to customize it into a Yamaha. I also believe I was the very first person to EVER make such a statement in the history of the world!

HA! I think that IS the first time I've ever heard something like that  Laughing  

digby wrote:
Seriously though I'm just glad you found something this perfect, have shown that it works and looks great on the figure and then passed on the brand name and size info to the rest of us. That's 3/4 of the battle right there, thanks!

Credit where credit is due - it was j3h who first got this specific brand of miniature guitar. Seeing how perfectly in scale it was and the detail that it had prompted me to go on the hunt!

Blackarrow wrote:
I have to give you props for the search info, I wouldn't have found them otherwise. Funny thing though, I did find an F-Toys cherry red SG on Ebay a few days ago, but before I could pm you the link, it was sold. I'm guessing you scored it!

That was probably me, since I did get one from eBay - thanks for thinking of me though!

digby wrote:

Congratulations!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
digby

PostSubject: Re: Capaldi hoodie figures are freaking tall   Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:19 am

Ben C. wrote:

digby wrote:

Credit where credit is due - it was j3h who first got this specific brand of miniature guitar. Seeing how perfectly in scale it was and the detail that it had prompted me to go on the hunt!

Thank you j3h for in the intel!!

I've got wonder, what must the guy who is selling these toy guitars on ebay be thinking now? These mini SGs were probably just sitting there for sale for months, and suddenly there's a huge run on them!
Back to top Go down
j3h

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2014-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Capaldi hoodie figures are freaking tall   Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:33 am

Thanks guys, glad I was able to help/inspire. I didn't have the brand name, so I'm also glad Ben C tracked down what exactly it was. I wonder if a spike in sales caused that one seller to sky-rocket the prices into the $30+ range?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
digby

PostSubject: Re: Capaldi hoodie figures are freaking tall   Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:00 am

j3h wrote:
I wonder if a spike in sales caused that one seller to sky-rocket the prices into the $30+ range?

Did he really? that is crappy.

I kind of wish WhoNA could look into the possibility of selling these themselves. Market it as a good stand-in Capaldi guitar. As I recall, years ago, before an official Paul McGann figure seemed likely they were selling that "Oscar Wilde" figure everyone thought sort of looked like 8!

Last edited by digby on Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Blackarrow

PostSubject: Re: Capaldi hoodie figures are freaking tall   Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:41 am

j3h wrote:
Thanks guys, glad I was able to help/inspire.  I didn't have the brand name, so I'm also glad Ben C tracked down what exactly it was.  I wonder if a spike in sales caused that one seller to sky-rocket the prices into the $30+ range?

Well, the place where I bought mine is still fairly reasonable, and they restock quickly, ship quickly and give you a tracking number. It doesn't get much better then that! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rogue

Number of posts : 908
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Capaldi hoodie figures are freaking tall   Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:44 pm

I got my two Series 9 12th Doctors (thanks Lior!) -- other than those rabbit feet, this is an amazing figure!  I immediately pulled down my "Steven Moffat" 12th Doctor figure and swapped feet, then gave the Series 9 version the guitar I've been passing around to my 12th Doctors since we got the regen figure.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ben C.

PostSubject: Re: Capaldi hoodie figures are freaking tall   Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:55 pm

Looks great, and I love the strap on that one Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ben C.

PostSubject: Re: Capaldi hoodie figures are freaking tall   Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:02 pm

And while we're talking about this figure - I thought of a way to easily blend the hair a bit so it's not so blackish with bright highlights. I was going to break out the paint a couple days ago and do a light wash, but it hit me to just use a little cornstarch and a small brush. Worked great (IMO) to give a less contrasty look and even brought out some hidden details.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Who North America

Number of posts : 5671
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Capaldi hoodie figures are freaking tall   Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:06 am

Good news for those who missed out the first time around...we have more on the way.

Sorry for the delay in updating this, but there are logistic issues with the new figures we have to work around.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://whona.realtvboard.com
digby

PostSubject: Re: Capaldi hoodie figures are freaking tall   Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:43 pm

So, I got my lil red SG today, and it just looks amazing.
The detail is great for something this small ... totally wasn't expecting the strings to be so nice and perfect!

Big huge thanks to Blackarrow for helping me track one down!

P.S. -- if you have an older Capaldi figure you don't feel attached to, then I recommend doing the foot swap with the new hoodie ones. It REALLY makes a difference!
Back to top Go down
Captain Ironmac

Number of posts : 574
Registration date : 2009-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Capaldi hoodie figures are freaking tall   Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:25 pm

I've just ordered mine at long last
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Who North America

Number of posts : 5671
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Capaldi hoodie figures are freaking tall   Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:21 am

Both now in stock!

Jany
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://whona.realtvboard.com
jjm3

Number of posts : 269
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Capaldi hoodie figures are freaking tall   Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:36 am

Hooray! Grabbing the green version now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mattmanw54301

Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Capaldi hoodie figures are freaking tall   Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:23 am

Annnndd the black shirted 12 is gone again. I love both of these. Still haven't done the foot swap yet tho.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Blackarrow

PostSubject: Re: Capaldi hoodie figures are freaking tall   Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:28 pm

Thanks to j3h, Ben C. and digby for inspiring me to go off in search of the red SG, I'm very happy with how it complements this 12th Doctor figure!  Cool

Back to top Go down
View user profile
amagon

Number of posts : 2744
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Capaldi hoodie figures are freaking tall   Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:50 pm

Very nice indeed! I can't find that exact red guitar. I have the black one though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ben C.

PostSubject: Re: Capaldi hoodie figures are freaking tall   Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:24 pm

Blackarrow wrote:
Thanks to j3h, Ben C. and digby for inspiring me to go off in search of the red SG, I'm very happy with how it complements this 12th Doctor figure!  Cool
Looks great! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
digby

PostSubject: Re: Capaldi hoodie figures are freaking tall   Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:50 pm

Blackarrow wrote:
Thanks to j3h, Ben C. and digby for inspiring me to go off in search of the red SG, I'm very happy with how it complements this 12th Doctor figure!  

Very nice! I'm digging the headswap on the older Capaldi figure.
Back to top Go down
Captain Ironmac

Number of posts : 574
Registration date : 2009-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Capaldi hoodie figures are freaking tall   Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:50 pm

Ben C. wrote:

Looks great, and I love the strap on that one Smile

I have a Black Guitar for my 12th, but need a strap for it. where did you get yours from ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ben C.

PostSubject: Re: Capaldi hoodie figures are freaking tall   Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:10 pm

Captain Ironmac wrote:
I have a Black Guitar for my 12th, but need a strap for it. where did you get yours from ?

Came with the guitar (a miniature guitar stand also came with it).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
amagon

Number of posts : 2744
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Capaldi hoodie figures are freaking tall   Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:23 pm

Ben C. wrote:
Captain Ironmac wrote:

Mine didn't have one either. Never thought about it 'til now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackarrow

PostSubject: Re: Capaldi hoodie figures are freaking tall   Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:53 pm

amagon wrote:
Ben C. wrote:
Captain Ironmac wrote:

Mine didn't have one either.  Never thought about it 'til now.

Just an option to consider: You could try using the straps that are on 1/12 scale steamer trunks. I have a few Ebay listings bookmarked, they generally sell for less than $5 shipped. You can use or discard the buckles as you see fit, and use Super glue or Blu Tack to attach them. Check your PMs.  Cool

Captain Ironmac, check your PMs. Cool

And to digby and Ben C., thanks again guys! I was thinking about doing this head swap when digby first started this topic, and when Ben C. posted that pic with the guitar in the background, I was hooked! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Capaldi hoodie figures are freaking tall
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Product Discussion :: Toys & Releases-
Jump to: