Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 

Capaldi hoodie figures are freaking tall

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Thun

Number of posts : 1240
Registration date : 2007-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Capaldi hoodie figures are freaking tall   Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:28 am

I think the extra height on the new figures is Dewar's way of saying "eff you" to all of us who refused to support the smaller scale figures. He wants revenge.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Rogue

Number of posts : 908
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Capaldi hoodie figures are freaking tall   Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:24 pm

The funny thing is the smaller DW figures aren't in scale with most 3¾" (or 4") action figures. They're too short, especially next to 4" figures.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
digby

Number of posts : 515
Registration date : 2007-09-28

PostSubject: Re: Capaldi hoodie figures are freaking tall   Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:15 am

Well, I ordered a couple from over the sea ... what can you do?
And I have a few of the old Capaldi's on stand-by for donor parts.

While I'm at it hacking limbs, I might try to replace my War Doctor's left hand. I never cared for the two-fisted look he has! Anyone here tried that?

By the way, totally off topic but I truly love this forum. The people here seem much more understanding and just more fun to talk to than on the "big" forum. So many know-it-alls over there you can't even have a conversation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.toweroftechnobabble.com
j3h

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2014-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Capaldi hoodie figures are freaking tall   Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:28 am

digby wrote:

While I'm at it hacking limbs, I might try to replace my War Doctor's left hand. I never cared for the two-fisted look he has! Anyone here tried that?

I don't remember who's hand I swapped out, but it was pretty basic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
digby

PostSubject: Re: Capaldi hoodie figures are freaking tall   Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:30 am

j3h wrote:
digby wrote:

I don't remember who's hand I swapped out, but it was pretty basic.

Cooooooooooool!
Back to top Go down
TOMFAN

Number of posts : 508
Registration date : 2014-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Capaldi hoodie figures are freaking tall   Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:12 pm

digby wrote:

Never liked the fists either, but they're pretty simple to pull out and swap over:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
digby

PostSubject: Re: Capaldi hoodie figures are freaking tall   Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:25 pm

TOMFAN wrote:
digby wrote:

Never liked the fists either, but they're pretty simple to pull out and swap over:

Again, that looks super cool. Much more natural in a weird way!
Back to top Go down
Blackarrow

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2015-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Capaldi hoodie figures are freaking tall   Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:00 pm

I just got my 12th Doctor with Green Hoodie from the UK today..haven't opened the box yet, but I'm looking forward to doing the "boil-n'-pop foot swap" on both figures. Looking at this figure makes me want a red velvet coat with waistcoat version even more now.. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
j3h

PostSubject: Re: Capaldi hoodie figures are freaking tall   Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:27 pm

j3h wrote:
It is very easy to swap the boots on the new Capaldi figures with feet from the older ones, which brings the height down a bit. Head swaps are easy too if so inclined.   A couple of rushed photos wearing sunglasses from an old "Shotgun Mary" figure...

----------

Since taking that first picture, I replaced the slightly oversized Pallisades Muppets left handed guitar with a better scaled right handed dollhouse miniatures one found on eBay (even has actual individual strings Shocked and an adjustable strap )

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ben C.

Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2014-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Capaldi hoodie figures are freaking tall   Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:04 pm

Looks great!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
digby

PostSubject: Re: Capaldi hoodie figures are freaking tall   Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:36 pm

j3h wrote:
Since taking that first picture, I replaced the slightly oversized Pallisades Muppets left handed guitar with a better scaled right handed dollhouse miniatures one found on eBay (even has actual individual strings Shocked and an adjustable strap )

Cool, will have to look out for them!
Is the brand name "Dollhouse Miniature"? Do they have other varieties?
Back to top Go down
amagon

Number of posts : 2744
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Capaldi hoodie figures are freaking tall   Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:29 pm

digby wrote:
j3h wrote:

Cool, will have to look out for them!
Is the brand name "Dollhouse Miniature"? Do they have other varieties?

I typed "Dollhouse Miniature electric guitar", and found the black one!

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackarrow

PostSubject: Re: Capaldi hoodie figures are freaking tall   Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:41 pm

j3h wrote:
j3h wrote:

Nice find! While searching around Ebay for a miniature guitar, I ran across this place: http://stores.ebay.com/Universal-Store-777?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

The 4 inch key chain guitars look sweet, just need a little minor surgery.. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
j3h

PostSubject: Re: Capaldi hoodie figures are freaking tall   Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:52 pm

My personal criteria when searching for a guitar in the dollhouse miniature scale was that it had a strap, which very few do. I can't believe what the prices are now for the type that I chose.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
digby

PostSubject: Re: Capaldi hoodie figures are freaking tall   Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:55 pm

I guess we need to look for the 1:12 scale guitars?
Or do you write it 1/12? I never know.
Back to top Go down
j3h

PostSubject: Re: Capaldi hoodie figures are freaking tall   Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:20 pm

I just did three searches to cover my bases:
Dollhouse miniature guitar
Dollhouse guitar
Miniature guitar

And then looked at the measurements for the listing. I already knew the Muppets one was too long, so I went for something shorter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ben C.

PostSubject: Re: Capaldi hoodie figures are freaking tall   Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:26 pm

The red SG looks quite nice with the Doctor... very 'H3ll Bent'!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
digby

PostSubject: Re: Capaldi hoodie figures are freaking tall   Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:15 pm

Ben C. wrote:

Oh that looks great!!!

Was that one of those Dollhouse Miniature guitars from ebay? Love that it has a strap too.
Back to top Go down
Ben C.

PostSubject: Re: Capaldi hoodie figures are freaking tall   Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:22 pm

digby wrote:

Oh that looks great!!!
Was that one of those Dollhouse Miniature guitars from ebay? Love that it has a strap too.
Yep! By a company called 'F-Toys'. If you Google about for "F Toys Miniature Guitars" you'll find them. Very detailed too, although I didn't take a picture of the guitar itself in a flattering way. If you click on the pic it links to a larger version and you can see the great detail like the polepieces in the humbuckers and the individual metal strings. Shoot - even the strap... it's a very thin but tough vinyl and you actually have to affix it to the strap buttons on the guitar (which was kind of a pain)!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
digby

PostSubject: Re: Capaldi hoodie figures are freaking tall   Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:31 pm

Ben C. wrote:
digby wrote:

Oh that looks great!!!
Yep! By a company called 'F-Toys'. If you Google about for "F Toys Miniature Guitars" you'll find them. Very detailed too, although I didn't take a picture of the guitar itself in a flattering way. If you click on the pic it links to a larger version and you can see the great detail like the polepieces in the humbuckers and the individual metal strings. Shoot - even the strap... it's a very thin but tough vinyl and you actually have to affix it to the strap buttons on the guitar (which was kind of a pain)!

Wow, it looks REALLY sharp. And you did get it through ebay? I swear when I was searching around ebay I didn't see anything that looked that authentic! Did a quick google search, and wow it all looks good, much better than the dollhouse stuff I was seeing.

I think you might have got the last SG they had! Very Happy Nothing but strats left on ebay for the moment. But I love that I have a brand name I can follow up on!!!

And are you gonna put the guitar on the hoodie capaldi?
Back to top Go down
digby

PostSubject: Re: Capaldi hoodie figures are freaking tall   Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:33 pm

It's also interesting that these F-Toys are in 1/8 scale? And they look to be the correct proportion. I was hearing we had to look for 1/12 scale.
Back to top Go down
Blackarrow

PostSubject: Re: Capaldi hoodie figures are freaking tall   Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:58 pm

Ben C. wrote:

Nice pic! I just picked up an F-Toys Cherry red SG for $14.99 and a white SG for $15.19 with free shipping on Ebay.cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ben C.

PostSubject: Re: Capaldi hoodie figures are freaking tall   Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:14 pm

digby wrote:
It's also interesting that these F-Toys are in 1/8 scale?  And they look to be the correct proportion. I was hearing we had to look for 1/12 scale.

Some are 1/8, some are 1/12. Just keep an eye out to be sure. And if it not explicitly "112" or "18", there may be a measurement... you want the ones closer to 4" tall, not 10".

digby wrote:
I think you might have got the last SG they had! Very Happy Nothing but strats left on ebay for the moment. But I love that I have a brand name I can follow up on!!!

And are you gonna put the guitar on the hoodie capaldi?

Yea - it looks that way. But I'm sure they'll get more in stock - at least you know what to look for! And no - sticking with just my 'H3ll Bent' version of Capaldi - nothing is really close enough to the Yamaha to make me want to do a 'Bootstrap Paradox' Capaldi Smile

Blackarrow wrote:
Nice pic! I just picked up an F-Toys Cherry red SG for $14.99 and a white SG for $15.19 with free shipping on Ebay.cheers

Rockin! In-hand it looks pretty fantastic; kind of surprised given how mini guitars usually look like a 3rd grader's clay art project.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Larryw3158

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Capaldi hoodie figures are freaking tall   Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:17 pm

The checked trousers aren't very checked on some of these. There's a lot of black, like they were supposed to be covered in mud. Is that how most of them came out? Mine is pretty bad. But in the photo on the back of the box the checks are all there and clear to see.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackarrow

PostSubject: Re: Capaldi hoodie figures are freaking tall   Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:43 pm

Ben C. wrote:

Blackarrow wrote:

Rockin! In-hand it looks pretty fantastic; kind of surprised given how mini guitars usually look like a 3rd grader's clay art project.

I have to give you props for the search info, I wouldn't have found them otherwise. Funny thing though, I did find an F-Toys cherry red SG on Ebay a few days ago, but before I could pm you the link, it was sold. I'm guessing you scored it! Very Happy

Larryw3158 wrote:
The checked trousers aren't very checked on some of these. There's a lot of black, like they were supposed to be covered in mud. Is that how most of them came out? Mine is pretty bad. But in the photo on the back of the box the checks are all there and clear to see.

Mine looked like that as well, at first I thought it was a paint app defect, but then I found a pic of one online with the same spotting on it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Capaldi hoodie figures are freaking tall
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Product Discussion :: Toys & Releases-
Jump to: