Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 

5.5 inch 12th Doctor from Magicians apprentice

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Steve Of Destruction

Number of posts : 432
Registration date : 2010-09-24

PostSubject: Re: 5.5 inch 12th Doctor from Magicians apprentice   Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:45 am

As long as whoever takes over the license makes them in the same scale, I'd be fine with it. My fear is that a new company will either go 3'75 or 6'. Which honestly, is what CO should've done in the first place, but now that we've gotten such a diverse line I don't want to "start over" with a new series of figures, even if they end up being better quality.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bob1963

Number of posts : 925
Registration date : 2012-01-06

PostSubject: Re: 5.5 inch 12th Doctor from Magicians apprentice   Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:13 pm

I actually have a lot of the Primeval releases, I did not get them all but I got enough of them. With some tweaking some of them could be made into Dr. Who toys, notable the solders could be adampted into say UNIT or other troops
Back to top Go down
View user profile
digby

Number of posts : 488
Registration date : 2007-09-28

PostSubject: Re: 5.5 inch 12th Doctor from Magicians apprentice   Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:56 pm

Haven't heard much about these for a while. Any idea when they might be coming? I think I had heard February at one point, but I think it was just a guy pondering.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.toweroftechnobabble.com
squishy

Number of posts : 2160
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: 5.5 inch 12th Doctor from Magicians apprentice   Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:08 pm

This is our best info cobbled from a couple different threads.

Who North America wrote:
Feb 2017 is when these are supposed to be available.

Who North America wrote:
Right now, Underground Toys in the USA is attempting to find a retailer who will take this figure as an exclusive (over 5000 units). We can't do that quantity. We will have to wait to see what happens next.

I'm sure once the details are sorted there will be a post in the Quick Toy Announcement thread.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
digby

PostSubject: Re: 5.5 inch 12th Doctor from Magicians apprentice   Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:20 pm

squishy wrote:
This is our best info cobbled from a couple different threads.

Who North America wrote:
Feb 2017 is when these are supposed to be available.

Who North America wrote:
Right now, Underground Toys in the USA is attempting to find a retailer who will take this figure as an exclusive (over 5000 units). We can't do that quantity. We will have to wait to see what happens next.

I'm sure once the details are sorted there will be a post in the Quick Toy Announcement thread.

cool, thanks
Back to top Go down
tboneterry2

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2007-11-17

PostSubject: Re: 5.5 inch 12th Doctor from Magicians apprentice   Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:28 pm

Doctor Who North America is a great source for Doctor Who I normaly would not mention this here, But one big store chain that has just went bankrupt and closed down was the Hastings store chain which was a large Doctor Who buyer to. We had 3 stores in Spokane and one in near by Couer D Alane. My big fear now is for C.O. looking for large quanitys of 5,000 of figures this will kill the numbers they are looking for. I'm sure this will have an effect on all Doctor Who items to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tboneterry2

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2007-11-17

PostSubject: Re: 5.5 inch 12th Doctor from Magicians apprentice   Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:38 pm

Hastings had 1,493 stores so for them to put 2-3 figures in each of their stores was a big chunk. My fear this will kill the toy lines.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Steve Of Destruction

Number of posts : 432
Registration date : 2010-09-24

PostSubject: Re: 5.5 inch 12th Doctor from Magicians apprentice   Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:40 am

But, I have seen more DW figures in GameStop and Barnes and Noble, maybe that will help make up the difference?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pixletwin

Number of posts : 2690
Registration date : 2008-07-11

PostSubject: Re: 5.5 inch 12th Doctor from Magicians apprentice   Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:29 pm

I hope we hear news about this soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pixletwin

PostSubject: Re: 5.5 inch 12th Doctor from Magicians apprentice   Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:19 pm

According to UT on Twitter, this figure is no longer being produced.

https://twitter.com/utusatoys/status/817142759266009089
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ianotimelord

Number of posts : 1455
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: 5.5 inch 12th Doctor from Magicians apprentice   Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:21 pm

As well as 10th in Tux. So no new figures now it would seem.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://doctorwhotoys.forumshome.com/
pixletwin

PostSubject: Re: 5.5 inch 12th Doctor from Magicians apprentice   Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:26 pm

The line may have finally died. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
digby

PostSubject: Re: 5.5 inch 12th Doctor from Magicians apprentice   Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:27 pm

What kind of "defect" would kill off the entire line?
Back to top Go down
pixletwin

PostSubject: Re: 5.5 inch 12th Doctor from Magicians apprentice   Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:33 pm

I have never heard of anything like this happening before. I have heard of companies firing factories when a production hits a problem. But I have never heard of a company cashing in all the chips and canceling an entire project because of a factory problem.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ianotimelord

PostSubject: Re: 5.5 inch 12th Doctor from Magicians apprentice   Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:36 pm

pixletwin wrote:
The line may have finally died. Sad

Beginning to think that as well. Well for the classic range I was but now for NuWho too. Anyone know when the licence is up for renewal? Perhaps its time someone else had a go..
Back to top Go down
pixletwin

PostSubject: Re: 5.5 inch 12th Doctor from Magicians apprentice   Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:40 pm

I would love a new company to come in, 3A or some such. But I want it to fit with the already existing figures. Sad times for 5 inch collectors.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ianotimelord

PostSubject: Re: 5.5 inch 12th Doctor from Magicians apprentice   Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:46 pm

Posted on my Facebook group by Booboo of the Dr Who site.
This info is only for the USA market at the moment, remember UGT USA didn't know the UK we're getting these they only know the USA market. The UK should still be getting them but very messy as UGT USA announced them
Back to top Go down
digby

PostSubject: Re: 5.5 inch 12th Doctor from Magicians apprentice   Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:49 pm

pixletwin wrote:
I have never heard of anything like this happening before. I have heard of companies firing factories when a production hits a problem. But I have never heard of a company cashing in all the chips and canceling an entire project because of a factory problem.

I now hope Capaldi stays on for many more seasons! I'd have a gap on my shelf if we get a new Doctor in series 11!

Back to top Go down
pixletwin

PostSubject: Re: 5.5 inch 12th Doctor from Magicians apprentice   Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:52 pm

Ianotimelord wrote:
This info is only for the USA market at the moment, remember UGT USA didn't know the UK we're getting these they only know the USA market. The UK should still be getting them but very messy as UGT USA announced them

Well that gives us some hope. sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
digby

PostSubject: Re: 5.5 inch 12th Doctor from Magicians apprentice   Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:01 pm

pixletwin wrote:
Ianotimelord wrote:

Well that gives us some hope. sunny

Yeah ... hope for over-inflated ebay prices.

2017 ... what a year!
Back to top Go down
Ianotimelord

PostSubject: Re: 5.5 inch 12th Doctor from Magicians apprentice   Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:10 pm

I hope its not going to be like 20...
Back to top Go down
pixletwin

PostSubject: Re: 5.5 inch 12th Doctor from Magicians apprentice   Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:18 pm

Sadly, I would gladly pay that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
amagon

Number of posts : 2738
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: 5.5 inch 12th Doctor from Magicians apprentice   Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:05 pm

Another forum says otherwise.

"According to Booboo on thedoctorwhosite the tweet is incorrect and the figures are close to shipping over meaning they'll appear in the not too distant future on FP (if they are stocking them). That said, I don't know how he knows that but he has spoken about reliable contacts whom normally give him info."

Tried to paste the link, but, didn't work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ianotimelord

PostSubject: Re: 5.5 inch 12th Doctor from Magicians apprentice   Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:16 pm

amagon wrote:
Another forum says otherwise.

"According to Booboo on thedoctorwhosite the tweet is incorrect and the figures are close to shipping over meaning they'll appear in the not too distant future on FP (if they are stocking them). That said, I don't know how he knows that but he has spoken about reliable contacts whom normally give him info."

Tried to paste the link, but, didn't work.

Yea Booboo from the Merchandise site posted this in my group on Facebook.

This info is only for the USA market at the moment, remember UGT USA didn't know the UK we're getting these they only know the USA market. The UK should still be getting them but very messy as UGT USA announced them...

Seems the US may not get them. But whether the UK does, time will tell, always does.
Back to top Go down
amagon

Number of posts : 2738
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: 5.5 inch 12th Doctor from Magicians apprentice   Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:41 pm

I want The 12th Drs, so, it's depending on resources in the UK, which, I still can't get anything. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile

5.5 inch 12th Doctor from Magicians apprentice
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Product Discussion :: Toys & Releases-
Jump to: