Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 

New set/figure of 10th doctor in tux

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Scary

Number of posts : 7483
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: New set/figure of 10th doctor in tux   Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:46 pm

I hope Tux Ten still happens! It was always one I wanted when I was younger as it was his look in two of my fave stories, 'Rise of the Cybermen/Age of Steel' and 'Voyage of the Damned.'
Back to top Go down
View user profile
djdwtw101785

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2014-12-03

PostSubject: Re: New set/figure of 10th doctor in tux   Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:57 pm

I just heard on the save 5in doctor who figures Facebook page that the new figures & Tardis set is being released they even had a picture of them all in boxes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SirPrize

Number of posts : 750
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: New set/figure of 10th doctor in tux   Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:54 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Retro_Panda

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2010-04-09

PostSubject: Re: New set/figure of 10th doctor in tux   Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:52 am

djdwtw101785 wrote:
I just heard on the save 5in doctor who figures  Facebook page that the new figures & Tardis set is being released  they even had a picture of them all in boxes

Awesome thanks for the info, did they happen to mention an estimated time frame?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SirPrize

PostSubject: Re: New set/figure of 10th doctor in tux   Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:12 am

Retro_Panda wrote:
djdwtw101785 wrote:
I just heard on the save 5in doctor who figures  Facebook page that the new figures & Tardis set is being released  they even had a picture of them all in boxes

Awesome thanks for the info, did they happen to mention an estimated time frame?

According to Al Dewar... "soon".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
skifflebits

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2015-12-02

PostSubject: Re: New set/figure of 10th doctor in tux   Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:01 pm

But UK only, right? Those of us in the US -- like, say, WhoNA -- are out of luck?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pixletwin

Number of posts : 2701
Registration date : 2008-07-11

PostSubject: Re: New set/figure of 10th doctor in tux   Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:28 pm

skifflebits wrote:
But UK only, right?  Those of us in the US -- like, say, WhoNA -- are out of luck?

That is how I interpret it. Means we may need to create a buddy thread. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr_WhoTMNTfan

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2015-08-29

PostSubject: Re: New set/figure of 10th doctor in tux   Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:02 pm

I think the US is getting the 10th doctor Tardis playset as we never got it when it originally was released. just not getting the figures. But its still a load of crap. I think I am sticking with Titans Vinyls for my doctor who needs UT doesn't cut it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
skifflebits

PostSubject: Re: New set/figure of 10th doctor in tux   Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:04 pm

Honestly, the load of crap is that UT keeps changing its story and won't give us a straight answer.

If WhoNA gets them from CO, though, I honestly don't care, even if they are a bit more expensive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pixletwin

PostSubject: Re: New set/figure of 10th doctor in tux   Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:11 pm

Ditto. I'll pay extra (for the Capaldi variants).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SirPrize

PostSubject: Re: New set/figure of 10th doctor in tux   Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:15 am

Dr_WhoTMNTfan wrote:
I think the US is getting the 10th doctor Tardis playset as we never got it when it originally was released. just not getting the figures. But its still a load of crap. I think I am sticking with Titans Vinyls for my doctor who needs UT doesn't cut it

Unless I'm mistaken, in the "infamous" tweet discussion that was later deleted, they did say that all 4 products were cancelled.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rogue

Number of posts : 908
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: New set/figure of 10th doctor in tux   Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:50 pm

Thanks SirPrize! At least we now see that these are going to be made.

That's really too bad if UT won't bother with them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chuzzlewit

Number of posts : 3863
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: New set/figure of 10th doctor in tux   Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:09 pm

I am certain WHONA will do everything in their power to come through for us. My family and I are willing to sacrifice whatever we need if it must be brought in at a higher price, but I was truly hoping we could affordably get two, so we could boil and pop on head and replace with the Rassilon / Narrator figure head to make a James Bond custom figure.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drscruffs

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-09-01

PostSubject: Re: New set/figure of 10th doctor in tux   Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:52 pm

OK guys, so this has just been offered for sale by FPI (UK and ROI delivery only)? Are they going to come here?

PLEASE SAY YES!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.dogsoftherock.com
skifflebits

PostSubject: Re: New set/figure of 10th doctor in tux   Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:06 pm

Maybe WhoNA can get them from the UK like they did in the old days
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Who North America

Number of posts : 5671
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: New set/figure of 10th doctor in tux   Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:51 pm

We were informed that there will be no new items or restock items from UT in the USA until Q3 of this year.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://whona.realtvboard.com
Chuzzlewit

PostSubject: Re: New set/figure of 10th doctor in tux   Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:29 pm

Oh dear. High import fees it shall have to be. We always prefer to support WHONA. These are dark times in America.

Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pixletwin

PostSubject: Re: New set/figure of 10th doctor in tux   Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:02 pm

Who North America wrote:
We were informed that there will be no new items or restock items from UT in the USA until Q3 of this year.

Well Q3 would correspond with SDCC. SO I guess there is a chance we will get these...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
skifflebits

PostSubject: Re: New set/figure of 10th doctor in tux   Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:19 am

Who North America wrote:

Well, that's depressing. Did they say why the most recent figures were cancelled?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chuzzlewit

PostSubject: Re: New set/figure of 10th doctor in tux   Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:48 am

We've heard President Trump's new tariffs on goods imported into the United States will make it financially impossible to send these here and make a profit. We also collect Marvel Legends toys, currently priced around $20, and we heard they will now cost $50, because they are manufactured in China, and must be imported in. I'm hoping to find substantive news to the contrary, or hoping toy makers find a solution to the problem. Disney owning ML, I imagine they may start making them in the States, and keep them going. But, UK toys like DW may not come here again if what we hear turns out to be true.

Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
skifflebits

PostSubject: Re: New set/figure of 10th doctor in tux   Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:20 pm

Trump hasn't passed anything yet.  You aren't saying UT cancelled the wave because of tariffs?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chuzzlewit

PostSubject: Re: New set/figure of 10th doctor in tux   Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:35 pm

He hasn't passed it yet, but he's going to. Toy companies plan way in advance. We're looking into alternative means to collect toys now, just in case. I wish everything could get worked out, whatever the reason, but we truly loved supporting WHONA, as they have always supported their customers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
amagon

Number of posts : 2742
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: New set/figure of 10th doctor in tux   Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:24 pm

If such stupidity should happen, then there won't be much in collecting. I know I have to sell all that I have (to cover future bills), but, I won't think otherwise if I have to sell stuff (DW stuff last, of course).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
skifflebits

PostSubject: Re: New set/figure of 10th doctor in tux   Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:49 pm

I don't know a single toy line that *isn't* manufactured somewhere in Asia at this point.

If all toys will be slapped with a tariff, we can expect to see the prices of *everything* rise. Though, on consideration, maybe not by much. I wouldn't see the price of Star Wars figures doubling to somewhere in the $20 range.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rogue

Number of posts : 908
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: New set/figure of 10th doctor in tux   Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:29 pm

skifflebits wrote:
I wouldn't see the price of Star Wars figures doubling to somewhere in the $20 range.

I know I would never pay $20 for the smaller action figures, 5 POA or SA. The 5 POA are a bane already, and priced too much for me to care picking up more than a handful.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

New set/figure of 10th doctor in tux
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Product Discussion :: Toys & Releases-
Jump to: