Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 

New set/figure of 10th doctor in tux

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Bob1963

Number of posts : 929
Registration date : 2012-01-06

PostSubject: Re: New set/figure of 10th doctor in tux   Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:37 pm

Since it is apparently going to be an  exclusive to some retailer is it appropriate to ask how the Third Doctor Box set you have is doing, last time I asked you had gotten the bugs worked out on Amazon and we were able to see it listed?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
amckinney

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2010-11-19

PostSubject: Re: New set/figure of 10th doctor in tux   Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:13 pm

Thun wrote:
Actually with this tuxedo body, all you need do is swap the head with the Rasillon figure and voila!  Timothy Dalton Bond!  Very Happy

Well, you'd need to swap the feet, too, as Bond never wore trainers with his tux.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Who North America

Number of posts : 5665
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: New set/figure of 10th doctor in tux   Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:24 pm

The Third Doctor box set is barely moving anywhere right now. We sold very few and it was a bad financial move for us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://whona.realtvboard.com
Bob1963

Number of posts : 929
Registration date : 2012-01-06

PostSubject: Re: New set/figure of 10th doctor in tux   Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:09 pm

Who North America wrote:
The Third Doctor box set is barely moving anywhere right now. We sold very few and it was a bad financial move for us.

Sorry to hear that, well I did make my purchase of it from you all. I can see from a business point of view why you might not want to do it again.

Sadly if all CO/UT is going to offer is repaint after repaint after repaint this is going to happen.

What the Generals, Admirals and Pentagon bright boys working at CO / UT all need to do is commission some new classic figures to go along with all the repaints they want to push on us. If they mixed a repaint in with some new classic figures they might get some sales.

Growing up with Jon Pertwee here in the 1970's is why I picked up the set,

Eaglemoss is the future of Doctor Who figures, granted its not a toy but they are sure pumping out classic figures including many CO / UT wont touch with a barge pole
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 6076
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: New set/figure of 10th doctor in tux   Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:36 pm

Who North America wrote:

Have you considered leaving it on the "front page of recent Doctor Who releases" or pinning it on the store homepage with a banner or something, so that everybody always sees it and are reminded that its an exclusive?

New visitors may not find it unless they happen to dig around for it.

...just a thought...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ruxy_100

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: New set/figure of 10th doctor in tux   Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:25 am

There are some other promotional things that could be done as well.

Perhaps you could send out some free sets to large toy news sites for them to review/promote. Like Action Figure Insider and The Fwoosh.

I'm sure there are a lot of fans out there who would buy a set, but just don't know that it exists.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lior_Knight

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: New set/figure of 10th doctor in tux   Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:50 pm

Who North America wrote:

TBH I think having international shipping cost more than the set itself was a factor as well....at least for me. Had to get one from UK to avoid paying as much.

I know you have little control over this but it is still a possible factor for some of your potential buyers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thun

Number of posts : 1236
Registration date : 2007-04-04

PostSubject: Re: New set/figure of 10th doctor in tux   Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:15 pm

Any new news on this? This is one that I would definitely have to get (certainly more than one for custom purposes).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SirPrize

Number of posts : 750
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: New set/figure of 10th doctor in tux   Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:23 am

Someone on facebook has in hand pictures of it. Looking cool.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
j3h

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2014-03-25

PostSubject: Re: New set/figure of 10th doctor in tux   Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:58 am

I'm not a facebook user...is the picture a loose figure or packaged?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brain of Davros

Number of posts : 1065
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: New set/figure of 10th doctor in tux   Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:13 am

Loose
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr_WhoTMNTfan

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2015-08-29

PostSubject: Re: New set/figure of 10th doctor in tux   Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:22 am

Who North America wrote:

One reason for low sales might me the fact that there is no Sonic Screwdriver or tissue compression eliminator gun accessories. Not packing the doctor with his screwdriver is like batman without batarangs.

Its a shame it looks like a decent set
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: New set/figure of 10th doctor in tux   Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:37 am

I LOVE my set! the Blue Pert is FANTASTIC!
Back to top Go down
mysterylad

Number of posts : 1654
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: New set/figure of 10th doctor in tux   Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:30 am

It took me a while to get around to it, but I'm very glad I ordered the Blue Pertwee set. Sorry to hear it isn't moving better than it is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.cmichaelhall.com
Ianotimelord

Number of posts : 1455
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: New set/figure of 10th doctor in tux   Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:16 pm

Bad news folks. 10th Doctor cancelled.
Ian ‏@IanOTimelord 13m13 minutes ago

@utusatoys Is the 10th Doctor in Tuexedo still happening.?

In reply to Ian
UndergroundToysUSA ‏@utusatoys 10m10 minutes ago

@IanOTimelord no sorry. It's been canceled. Sadly, I know nothing beyond that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://doctorwhotoys.forumshome.com/
pixletwin

Number of posts : 2697
Registration date : 2008-07-11

PostSubject: Re: New set/figure of 10th doctor in tux   Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:20 pm

Bugger.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lior_Knight

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: New set/figure of 10th doctor in tux   Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:40 am

That is odd. I actually saw couple of pictures of this figure in a package. Hard to imagine it was cancelled post production.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pixletwin

Number of posts : 2697
Registration date : 2008-07-11

PostSubject: Re: New set/figure of 10th doctor in tux   Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:57 am

From Al Dewar

Quote :
"From Al Dewar .. yup the real one not the Autons who troll the forums
Folks,
Contrary to what you may have heard or seen on social media from 3rd parties regarding the cancellation of upcoming Doctor Who Action figures in regard to ‘Factory issues’, please be assured by me that the information given out was wholly incorrect and that an announcement regarding the release of these and other new merchandise is imminent via a CO UK press release.
Thats all i can and will say but be assured information is coming. Also, please do not bombard CO Customer Services with questions because A they won't have any more information and B they won't get anything before the official press release either so please wait patiently as it will be out very soon.
best
Al "
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ianotimelord

PostSubject: Re: New set/figure of 10th doctor in tux   Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:08 am

Gasp "its alive" Razz
Back to top Go down
Ianotimelord

PostSubject: Re: New set/figure of 10th doctor in tux   Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:29 pm

Posted on Facebook in my group:
I have spoken with them last week (UT) and they have cancelled their items they announced. Some were a re release of previous items that were released in UK and not officially released in the USA. They have a big meeting today. Hopefully will have more info soon. I own a store in Canada.
Back to top Go down
Iron-Cow

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: New set/figure of 10th doctor in tux   Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:30 pm

Nice! Exciting stuff... I certainly hope we get more 5" stuff, but I'll take what I can get.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ironcowprod.com
Thun

Number of posts : 1236
Registration date : 2007-04-04

PostSubject: Re: New set/figure of 10th doctor in tux   Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:28 am

pixletwin wrote:
From Al Dewar

Quote :
Folks,
Contrary to what you may have heard or seen on social media from 3rd parties regarding the cancellation of upcoming Doctor Who Action figures in regard to ‘Factory issues’, please be assured by me that the information given out was wholly incorrect and that an announcement regarding the release of these and other new merchandise is imminent via a CO UK press release.
Thats all i can and will say but be assured information is coming. Also, please do not bombard CO Customer Services with questions because A they won't have any more information and B they won't get anything before the official press release either so please wait patiently as it will be out very soon.
best
Al "

Thanks for that! I was starting to lose hope. I really want 10 in Tux. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rogue

Number of posts : 902
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: New set/figure of 10th doctor in tux   Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:34 pm

Great news! And I hope that UT reconsiders (decides to bring in) the unreleased-in-USA stuff. Could it be stuff as far back as the Revenge of the Cybermen set?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Retro_Panda

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2010-04-09

PostSubject: Re: New set/figure of 10th doctor in tux   Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:46 am

So is he def talking about the 10th doctor in tux and tardis playset for North America release being delayed and not cancelled or is he talking about different figures that will be announced in the UK?

Thun wrote:
pixletwin wrote:
From Al Dewar

Quote :
Folks,
best
Al "

Thanks for that!  I was starting to lose hope.  I really want 10 in Tux. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
skifflebits

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2015-12-02

PostSubject: Re: New set/figure of 10th doctor in tux   Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:46 pm

I heard from UT on Facebook that the figures are cancelled in the US.

I don't know if this means WhoNA can get them from CO like they did in the old days, but it looks like Tux Ten and Series 9 Twelve won't be widely available in the States.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

New set/figure of 10th doctor in tux
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Product Discussion :: Toys & Releases-
Jump to: