Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 

animated Power of the Daleks to be released

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 5965
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: animated Power of the Daleks to be released    Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:36 pm

from the Doctor Who News site...

BBC Worldwide has officially announced the first full story featuring Patrick Troughton as the Doctor, The Power of the Daleks is to be released as a new animated version on the 50th anniversary of its first broadcast.

Doctor Who: The Power Of The Daleks will initially be exclusively released on BBC Store, with episode one available from Saturday 5th November at 5:50pm, and the others released on consecutive days thereafter. Readers can register their interest in the download at the BBC Store.

The story will become available online more widely from the 14th November, and will also be released on DVD in the United Kingdom on the 21st November (no other regions have been announced at present).

BBC America has confirmed that Doctor Who: The Power of the Daleks will be screened on the channel shortly after its U.K. Release. The animated serial premieres Saturday, November 12 and will be available the following day to stream on BBCAmerica.com and on the BBC America app.

full article here...

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2016/09/power-of-daleks-50th-anniversary-070916000108.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheOther

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2016-06-21

PostSubject: Re: animated Power of the Daleks to be released    Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:10 pm

Hm, I should have BBC America again by then so I'll definitely be watching. Hope to get a DVD copy if it comes out around here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Who North America

Number of posts : 5695
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: animated Power of the Daleks to be released    Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:11 pm

FANTASTIC news! I had read all about the leaked segment a little over a week ago and was elated that this was finally going to be a reality!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://whona.realtvboard.com
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9504
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: animated Power of the Daleks to be released    Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:04 pm

So the entire series is animated?? this is the first time that has happened, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheOther

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2016-06-21

PostSubject: Re: animated Power of the Daleks to be released    Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:04 pm

Yes, it is, officially at least.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
squishy

Number of posts : 2144
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: animated Power of the Daleks to be released    Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:26 pm

Great, just that I don't have BBC America. Hopefully there will be a North American DVD release if BBCAmerica helped pay for the animation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winter

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2016-02-23

PostSubject: Re: animated Power of the Daleks to be released    Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:13 pm

I can't imagine them not releasing it on dvd in America, can't wait to see it man.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bob1963

Number of posts : 855
Registration date : 2012-01-06

PostSubject: Re: animated Power of the Daleks to be released    Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:46 pm

I just pre ordered it from Amazon UK came to about $20 including postage.  I would hope that it gets a US NTSC release as well  but as it was partly paid for by BBC America . BBC World Wide America's might have to wait a while before it comes out in the USA as BBC America might want to exploit it on the air a few times before letting a general DVD release go ahead in R1 land.

Then again BBC A knows a lot of people will import the R2 version. . . .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
squishy

Number of posts : 2144
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: animated Power of the Daleks to be released    Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:32 pm

I've now seen a "Tweet" from BBC America confirming a DVD release in North America.  There were then lots of follow-up questions about when, and BluRay, but none of those seemed to be answered.  My guess is BBC America would want to get their moneys worth since they chipped in to animate it.  Maybe they'll have it out for Christmas, but I'm guessing more like 2017 for a release.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bob1963

Number of posts : 855
Registration date : 2012-01-06

PostSubject: Re: animated Power of the Daleks to be released    Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:24 pm

That is my point exactly. They will allow a DVD release in North America but naturally they want to get a return on there investment first. Especially as many people enjoy Dr. Who with out commercial interruption's and will wait for the DVD release especially when seeing something for the first time
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winter

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2016-02-23

PostSubject: Re: animated Power of the Daleks to be released    Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:39 pm

Hope it sells like crazy, while I would rather have the original missing stories, I will purchase every animation they release. Im actually surprised that an American studio hasn't requested the rights to have an ongoing animated Doctor Who...Be it Tom Baker, Tennant, or entirely new version.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

animated Power of the Daleks to be released
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Product Discussion :: DVDs & Multimedia-
Jump to: