Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 

5" Exclusive sets to the UK B & M and WHONA ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
skifflebits

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2015-12-02

PostSubject: Re: 5" Exclusive sets to the UK B & M and WHONA ?   Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:15 am

Hmmm... If WhoNA hasn't even been solicited for the other B&M three-packs by this point, I'm guessing UT isn't distributing them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
squishy

Number of posts : 2144
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: 5" Exclusive sets to the UK B & M and WHONA ?   Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:13 pm

That is correct.  WhoNA is only getting the Third Doctor 3-Pack.  You can pre-order the set now!  http://www.whona.com/PRE-ORDER-5-3rd-Doctor-Jo-Grant-and-the-Master-Figure-Set-Price-includes-Domestic-USA-Shipping_p_5509.html

The discussion is buried somewhere in the wild speculation thread.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
skifflebits

PostSubject: Re: 5" Exclusive sets to the UK B & M and WHONA ?   Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:27 pm

Yeah, I did know about the 3rd Doctor set, and I've already ordered one, myself. Smile

I was just speculating on the remaining two B&M sets. WhoNA said they weren't sure of UT was going to be picking them up, and seeing how we haven't heard a thing, I'm wondering if they passed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whoozier

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2013-07-31

PostSubject: Re: 5" Exclusive sets to the UK B & M and WHONA ?   Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:57 pm

I just got an email saying my order had shipped! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pjr

Number of posts : 590
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: 5" Exclusive sets to the UK B & M and WHONA ?   Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:03 pm

Just got my Shipping Notice! What a great surprise!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackarrow

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2015-11-14

PostSubject: Re: 5" Exclusive sets to the UK B & M and WHONA ?   Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:10 pm

I just saw my notice as well, WOO HOO!! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Who North America

Number of posts : 5695
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: 5" Exclusive sets to the UK B & M and WHONA ?   Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:10 pm

All pre-orders have shipped.

The item is now listed for general sale.

We have some of these listed on Ebay as well, which may help with some of the international customers (Ebay's global shipping program may provide some savings to certain parts of the world).

CLICK HERE
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://whona.realtvboard.com
Whoozier

PostSubject: Re: 5" Exclusive sets to the UK B & M and WHONA ?   Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:27 am

I received my set this morning. This is a very nice set of figures. There are no accessories included, however. The Master does indeed look like he has been to the beach with a nice tan. I'll be putting him up on ebay soon, as I do have him already.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winter

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2016-02-23

PostSubject: Re: 5" Exclusive sets to the UK B & M and WHONA ?   Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:29 pm

Recieved the 2 I ordered both in pristine condition, supper happy. Love the Tardis Keys!tricked out my extra master.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
amagon

Number of posts : 2724
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: 5" Exclusive sets to the UK B & M and WHONA ?   Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:31 pm

What a Face

Last edited by amagon on Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : No longer necessary.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackarrow

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2015-11-14

PostSubject: Re: 5" Exclusive sets to the UK B & M and WHONA ?   Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:33 pm

Winter wrote:
tricked out my extra master.

Nice upgrade! As soon as I spotted the pic, I dug out my Bracewell figure I bought for custom fodder. Still waiting patiently for the mailman to deliver my set.. bounce

..and I just got it at 3:30, thank you WhoNA! A very nice set, and the Tardis Key is a cool bonus! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
skifflebits

PostSubject: Re: 5" Exclusive sets to the UK B & M and WHONA ?   Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:02 pm

Winter, I have to ask, when you do a custom like that, do you have to crack the torso open to do the arm swap?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pjr

PostSubject: Re: 5" Exclusive sets to the UK B & M and WHONA ?   Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:05 pm

I got mine today. A nice set of Doctor, Jo and The Master. I don't recognize Jo's outfit. Which story is it from?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 5965
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: 5" Exclusive sets to the UK B & M and WHONA ?   Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:23 pm

pjr wrote:
I got mine today. A nice set of Doctor, Jo and The Master. I don't recognize Jo's outfit. Which story is it from?

The Time Monster

(although yes...the sleeves on the figure should have been short...) Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Winter

PostSubject: Re: 5" Exclusive sets to the UK B & M and WHONA ?   Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:54 pm

skifflebits wrote:
Winter, I have to ask, when you do a custom like that, do you have to crack the torso open to do the arm swap?
Yes, I used the boil and pop method.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pjr

PostSubject: Re: 5" Exclusive sets to the UK B & M and WHONA ?   Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:56 pm

SeaDevil wrote:
pjr wrote:

The Time Monster

(although yes...the sleeves on the figure should have been short...) Wink

Thank you! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winter

PostSubject: Re: 5" Exclusive sets to the UK B & M and WHONA ?   Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:08 pm

You mean like this...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: 5" Exclusive sets to the UK B & M and WHONA ?   Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:12 pm

Yes!! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
mattmanw54301

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: 5" Exclusive sets to the UK B & M and WHONA ?   Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:30 pm

Got mine today. TARDIS key necklace is awesome and fits great!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whoozier

PostSubject: Re: 5" Exclusive sets to the UK B & M and WHONA ?   Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:47 pm

Now we just need a Kronos figure in a new Enemies of the 3rd Doctor set and we can all relive the excitement of that story.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MirrorSpock

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2007-07-15

PostSubject: Re: 5" Exclusive sets to the UK B & M and WHONA ?   Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:55 pm

Good afternoon, all! Had a couple of questions:

Firstly: Is the Jo Grant in this three pack supposed to be the "smiley" face (from the first "Three Doctors" figure) or the "serious" face (from the second "Claws of Axos" figure)? I only ask because all of the pictures I have seen so far (with the exception of Winter's short-sleeve mod above) have had the "serious face."

However, I received my three-pack today, and...she's all smiles!

Do both exist? Does the UK get serious and we get smiles? Is serious just a prototype/promo image, but smiling is the production? Thoughts? Please share what YOU received from WhoNA...or elsewhere.

Secondly: I read a claim on this board that the Master figure that comes with this three-pack features a costume which is a different shade of gray/black than the original. Could someone post a comparison picture? I would compare my own two, except that this is the set I got:

No complaints--I'm actually quite amused! Smile I just may have to buy a second set if a) I need a new, differently-shaded Master, and b) if there is indeed an available "serious" Jo from "The Time Warrior."

All info appreciated!

Kevin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TOMFAN

Number of posts : 500
Registration date : 2014-02-25

PostSubject: Re: 5" Exclusive sets to the UK B & M and WHONA ?   Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:43 pm

It appears to be random, some have the smiley face, and some have the serious face!

I don't think that the Master is a deliberate variant, but more of a side effect of this particular version being produced several years after the original, resulting in minor cosmetic differences.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TOMFAN

Number of posts : 500
Registration date : 2014-02-25

PostSubject: Re: 5" Exclusive sets to the UK B & M and WHONA ?   Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:48 pm

Ironically, in the end it may be easeier for those in the US to get hold of these sets than those in the UK, because you can order them online.

The shop that sells them in the UK is not a major countrywide store, and it does sell sell anything online.

So you have to find if there is a store relatively near to you, and then hope that they actually have a set available when you get there!

It seems as though a lot of people are having to turn to eBay for these, at highly exaggerated costs!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winter

PostSubject: Re: 5" Exclusive sets to the UK B & M and WHONA ?   Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:45 pm

@Mirrorspock, The Master looks almost identical. Only he is sporting a skin tone that is a little darker and he appears to be missing his white splotches in his mustache. I had to add them in on mine. Also his abdomen is a little more slick or shiney than the original. I would post a side by side but alas ive customized both of mine. The Jo Grants I recieved both had serious faces but the head sculpt is exactly the same as the original. It's just in how they applied the paint on the lips. I preferred the smile so I added more lip color at an upward angle. Also I used the arms from that blonde maid character in the 10th doctors companion set to give her short sleves. Had to drill a quarter inch of plastic out to make a peg hole. I will paint the sleeves once I pick up some yellow and light green paint.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: 5" Exclusive sets to the UK B & M and WHONA ?   Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:40 pm

My Jo is a smiley Jo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online

5" Exclusive sets to the UK B & M and WHONA ?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Product Discussion :: Toys & Releases-
Jump to: