Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 

5" Exclusive sets to the UK B & M and WHONA ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
skifflebits

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2015-12-02

PostSubject: Re: 5" Exclusive sets to the UK B & M and WHONA ?   Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:43 pm

Any whispers about whether the other two B&M three packs are coming to the US or not?

WhoNA, I assume you'd tell us if you'd been solicited?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Who North America

Number of posts : 5691
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: 5" Exclusive sets to the UK B & M and WHONA ?   Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:47 pm

Not solicited, don't have any word.

We didn't move near enough to warrant any additional exclusives at this time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://whona.realtvboard.com
skifflebits

PostSubject: Re: 5" Exclusive sets to the UK B & M and WHONA ?   Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:54 pm

Who North America wrote:

Ugh. That's a shame. Too many leftover Pertwee packs?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bob1963

Number of posts : 862
Registration date : 2012-01-06

PostSubject: Re: 5" Exclusive sets to the UK B & M and WHONA ?   Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:53 pm

Looking at the remaining numbers for the Third Doctor set you have 64 left which does not seem bad, then again I don't know how many you started with or if you have others not counted on the inventory the customers can see remaining.

I would hope that next year you might do a Second Doctor Set or a First Doctor set?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
skifflebits

PostSubject: Re: 5" Exclusive sets to the UK B & M and WHONA ?   Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:31 pm

I hope they sell enough to justify the 3rd Doctor set, myself. Smile

I know it's technically exclusive, but will you reach a point where you sell any to other retailers?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bob1963

PostSubject: Re: 5" Exclusive sets to the UK B & M and WHONA ?   Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:41 pm

I window shop a lot of web sites like Amazon / Amazon U.K. among others and I have not seen the Third Doctor set advertised by WHONA any where.  Perhaps if there was some more publicity it might spark some sales.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winter

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2016-02-23

PostSubject: Re: 5" Exclusive sets to the UK B & M and WHONA ?   Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:56 pm

Who North America wrote:

aside from the 64 you have listed, will there be more shipments received by Who North? And if so How many Units do you have to sell?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
skifflebits

PostSubject: Re: 5" Exclusive sets to the UK B & M and WHONA ?   Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:06 pm

Bob1963 wrote:
I window shop a lot of web sites like Amazon / Amazon U.K. among others and I have not seen the Third Doctor set advertised by WHONA any where.  Perhaps if there was some more publicity it might spark some sales.

Indeed, I don't know how bad Amazon's deal is with 3rd-party sellers, but it would probably reach a bigger market if it was there.

And I know it's easy to play armchair marketing director here, when I don't have to do the legwork myself. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bob1963

PostSubject: Re: 5" Exclusive sets to the UK B & M and WHONA ?   Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:20 pm

I've seen WHONA on Flea Bay as well in years gone by. But this set I don't see popping up on line any where or even loose figures from it appearing. And I know places in the UK, Australia as well as people in New Zealand. This set is just not being promoted. I new about it from coming here to the forum for years and I saw it mentioned on a toy review site but other than that no promotion that I have seen any where
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 5966
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: 5" Exclusive sets to the UK B & M and WHONA ?   Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:00 pm

WhoNA does sell them on "flea bay"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bob1963

PostSubject: Re: 5" Exclusive sets to the UK B & M and WHONA ?   Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:03 pm

SeaDevil wrote:
WhoNA does sell them on "flea bay"

Must not be popping when I scan the listings for figures, but its funny that I see other sellers listing other figures, kinda weird, Ill have to have a look in the wee hours of the morning after work
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 5966
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: 5" Exclusive sets to the UK B & M and WHONA ?   Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:13 pm

Here's the listing...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Doctor-Who-5-3rd-Dr-Jo-Grant-and-the-Master-Action-Figures-lot-Exclusive-Set-/252475185934?hash=item3ac8b19b0e:g:GzwAAOSwdzVXnQHR
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bob1963

PostSubject: Re: 5" Exclusive sets to the UK B & M and WHONA ?   Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:26 pm

Must be there then I had seen the Thirteen Doctors set but not that one,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whoozier

Number of posts : 544
Registration date : 2013-07-31

PostSubject: Re: 5" Exclusive sets to the UK B & M and WHONA ?   Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:41 pm

I actually listed some of the figs I didnt want from the new 13 Docs set, and after the 2nd Doc received a bid over 20 dollars I listed the red jacketed 3rd Doctor and he sold for $39.00!

I duly bought myself a second set from WhoNA to keep intact.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bob1963

PostSubject: Re: 5" Exclusive sets to the UK B & M and WHONA ?   Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:15 am

I am waiting for the statement on my pay pal smart connect to close out for the month on the      28th and then I am going to buy the 13 Doctors set from WHONA.  Assuming they have any left by that time, other wise I will go to flea bay and try and find those two specific figures (that I want the most out of the set)

But yes I need those 2 to display and a set to keep intact in the packaging
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackarrow

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2015-11-14

PostSubject: Re: 5" Exclusive sets to the UK B & M and WHONA ?   Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:28 am

Bob1963 wrote:
I've seen WHONA on Flea Bay as well in years gone by.  But this set I don't see popping up on line any where or even loose figures from it appearing.  And I know places in the UK, Australia as well as people in New Zealand.  This set is just not being promoted.  I new about it from coming here to the forum for years and I saw it mentioned on a toy review site but other than that no promotion that I have seen any where

I've seen several reviews of the Third Doctor set on You Tube, listing it as a B&M exclusive in the main title, and some that mention that WhoNA also carries it, but I don't recall seeing a review mentioning WhoNA in the main title. Perhaps a review from a forum member may help promote sales, just a thought.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bob1963

PostSubject: Re: 5" Exclusive sets to the UK B & M and WHONA ?   Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:14 am

I was on flea bay till 3 am eastern after work this morning I looked threw over 800 figures that were listed for sale. I did see a few of the 12 Doctors sets offered for sale but none from WHONA and not a single set of The Third Doctor.

But I did se a few sets form late 2013 that I missed that I will be shelling out for if there still there on pay day
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Who North America

PostSubject: Re: 5" Exclusive sets to the UK B & M and WHONA ?   Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:48 pm

We have it listed on Ebay. Not certain what search terms you used, but the listing title is: Doctor Who 5" 3rd Dr, Jo Grant, and the Master Action Figures lot Exclusive Set

I think we only listed online an initial 300 of the 1200 units we received. I think I just added 100 units this morning.

At this time, we have avoided selling on Amazon (in the past) because so many of our suppliers have restrictions on Amazon (if we sell there, they will not supply us). Of course, this does not apply to an exclusive, so we can list that with no threat of penalty. We just have not done it in the past, so we're not really hip on it yet. I will research it, however.
Back to top Go down
Bob1963

PostSubject: Re: 5" Exclusive sets to the UK B & M and WHONA ?   Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:53 pm

I did see later on some stuff under your name instead of WHONA, I was concentrating on looking for The Third Doctor Set now I have seen it listed as being for sale in England and today I saw some on sale from Los Angeles.

I did notice you increased the variability amount this afternoon when I crawled out of bed.  Hopefully you have more stock of The Thirteen Doctors sets,  got to wait till my pay pal statement closes about 3 am on the 8th before I can grab that one, hopefully some more left that you have not listed of that one
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whoozier

Number of posts : 544
Registration date : 2013-07-31

PostSubject: Re: 5" Exclusive sets to the UK B & M and WHONA ?   Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:18 pm

Do you have anymore of the serious Jo's left?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bob1963

PostSubject: Re: 5" Exclusive sets to the UK B & M and WHONA ?   Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:25 pm

I think they said after I received mine a week or so ago that the serious Jo's were sold out, I received a smiley Jo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Who North America

PostSubject: Re: 5" Exclusive sets to the UK B & M and WHONA ?   Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:22 am

I have found one more serious Jo set.
Back to top Go down
skifflebits

PostSubject: Re: 5" Exclusive sets to the UK B & M and WHONA ?   Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:44 pm

Who North America wrote:

At this time, we have avoided selling on Amazon (in the past) because so many of our suppliers have restrictions on Amazon (if we sell there, they will not supply us). Of course, this does not apply to an exclusive, so we can list that with no threat of penalty. We just have not done it in the past, so we're not really hip on it yet. I will research it, however.

That's good news, IMHO. I don't know what your suppliers' restrictions are, but Amazon is usually my second stop -- after WhoNA -- when I look for 5" figure sets.

I see so many 3rd party sellers there, I'm always surprised that WhoNA isn't representing, too.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Who North America

PostSubject: Re: 5" Exclusive sets to the UK B & M and WHONA ?   Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:04 pm

Should be some showing up soon. We are using Fulfillment by Amazon, which means they will ship it.
Back to top Go down
skifflebits

PostSubject: Re: 5" Exclusive sets to the UK B & M and WHONA ?   Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:05 pm

Who North America wrote:
Should be some showing up soon. We are using Fulfillment by Amazon, which means they will ship it.

Not to get "into the weeds" on this, but what's the difference on your end between Fulfillment by Amazon and the system that some other 3rd party sellers seem to use where Amazon takes the orders and they do the shipping themselves?

Just curious.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

5" Exclusive sets to the UK B & M and WHONA ?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Product Discussion :: Toys & Releases-
Jump to: