Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 

Hachette Complete History of Doctor Who

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Evil Calvin

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2015-04-07

PostSubject: Hachette Complete History of Doctor Who   Thu May 26, 2016 10:46 am

Any update on getting these. I have been told that some comic shops in the US have them and I even ordered one from a store in Michigan (I think it was there).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stanlow

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Hachette Complete History of Doctor Who   Thu May 26, 2016 3:11 pm

Yep, these are available in any US comic shop who deals with Diamond Distribution. Issues 12&13 arrived yesterday and 14&15 are expected next week.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Evil Calvin

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2015-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Hachette Complete History of Doctor Who   Thu May 26, 2016 4:21 pm

That's odd as I contacted Hatchette about it and they said it would NOT be available in the US due to licensing issues. How did Diamond get around that?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stanlow

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Hachette Complete History of Doctor Who   Thu May 26, 2016 5:46 pm

No clue, just happy they did 😊 I seem to recall whona themselves commenting previously that they had a similar response from Hachette, and anytime DWTCH is asked about US availability on their Facebook page they state that they are working on a distribution for the market, despite Diamond all ready being able to distribute to the market. The whole thing seems very odd tome honestly, but the books are worth ever ounce of bother to obtain them 😊😊
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Who North America

Number of posts : 5693
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Hachette Complete History of Doctor Who   Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:29 pm

Diamond has "Diamond/UK" with which they bring things in that might not be available otherwise. While we would like to carry these, we simply cannot afford to do business with Diamond due to their shipping practices.

We were hoping there would be a legitimate US publication source, but that is looking less likely.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://whona.realtvboard.com
Winter

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2016-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Hachette Complete History of Doctor Who   Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:20 am

If and when this finally gets released in the U.S. I only want doctors 1-4 & 8 so if anyone wants to offset their cost I would be happy to split the cost...I would even pick up doctor 5 if necessary but thats all I would have interest in. Unless Who North one day sells them by doctor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Whoozier

Number of posts : 544
Registration date : 2013-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Hachette Complete History of Doctor Who   Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:21 pm

HOLY CRAP!

That was my first reaction when I received issue 2 - Colony in Space, Daemons, Day of the Daleks - and I opened it.

I was only able to briefly skim it, but, it is AHMAZING! I will do a full review this weekend. As someone who enjoys the behind the scenes publications this is a definite must have for anyone that enjoys that type of publication.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Hachette Complete History of Doctor Who
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Product Discussion :: Audios, Books & Comics-
Jump to: