Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 

Adric

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
cinnur

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2007-03-01

PostSubject: Adric   Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:47 pm

Why does Adric seem to stir bad feelings among Doctor Who aficionados?

I have been around DW for decades and my wife has started to get interested in the old series due to a great passion for the new.

She has seem some stories recently with Adric and asked me the above question. I said I really don't understand it either.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Adric   Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:04 pm

well poor Adric does get a bad rap. He is what Wil Wheaton was to Star Trek fans. Everyone feels a different way about companions...some strongly dislike whilst others are swayed by other's opinions. Adric to me... not a particular favorite but he really was not all that bad. I think the main reason I did not like him too much is I really have a problem with young know it alls. I want to slap the young puppies...they have to learn experience and knowledge with age. Oddly enough Zoe was a know it all but she did not flaunt it so much and was willing to listen to other people's advice. Adric was a tad too cocky.

Another companion of late...
I have read in mainly the British press about Donna and they are not too kind- but I say give the poor girl a chance. I think if she is not angry 24/7 I think she will do quite well. Oh am I stirring up the kettle?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DoctorOlly

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2007-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Adric   Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:33 am

Yeah, greenk9, you're right, not many people want Donna back but I like her because she gives a comedy element to Doctor Who, I suppose it already has comedy but Donna makes it even better, even if she is facing danger
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gregtdj

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Adric   Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:12 pm

The only reason I'm looking forward to Donna's return at this point is the idea that she doesn't seem to fall in to the area of companion we've been seeing, i.e. longing for the Doctor's passionate embrace. Rose, Martha, even Jack have all had some aspect of unrequited love for the Doctor. From the previews Donna doesn't seem to be penned that way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Adric   Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:35 pm

Yes Mr. Dj- I do hope that she does not fall for him. I did see the two kiss in the trailer...looks like she is grabbing him. Oh I hope they do not do a relationship. Oddly in all of the kissing scenes it is not the doc doing the first smooch...always the women and Jack having the first say...ha. Come on...no hanky panky in the Tardis was the old saying. What happens in the Tardis stays in the Tardis.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DoctorOlly

PostSubject: Re: Adric   Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:49 am

Didn't Jack snog the Doctor because he was leaving to fight the Daleks? Rose had been taken over by Cassandra, Martha kissed the Doctor because he had to slow down the Judoon, I know Rose and Martha had feelings for him but they revealed it (Well not straight up)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gregtdj

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Adric   Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:05 am

And so did Jack in the Sound of Drums. Note the scene where he and Martha are talking togethor after retrieving parts for the Doctor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DoctorOlly

PostSubject: Re: Adric   Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:08 am

Oh, yeah! God, I totally forgot that bit! Thanks for reminding me!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2106
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Adric   Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:04 am

i always wanted a good resolution to the adric storyline. sure, he was a punk, but he didn't deserve to die. if he was "resurrected", like the master was, he could be a bad guy to rival all bad guys. imagine his hatred of the doctor for letting him die. and then you could have peter davison go back and save him, like he should have in the first place.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Adric
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: