Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 

No Full 2016 Season-Time to worry?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Arlecchino

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2015-02-24

PostSubject: No Full 2016 Season-Time to worry?   Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:50 pm

Is anyone concerned that the lack of a full 2016 season of DOCTOR WHO is a bad sign? Is the BBC repeating the same mistakes it made in the 80's? Who is Charlotte Moore, and why was she given the go-ahead to postpone the airing of season 10? I know her title, Controller (sounds a bit sinister, like THE EDITOR from reboot season 1, and he turned out to be an amoral toady), but do her decisions go unchallenged? Is she a supporter of DOCTOR WHO? Is she a person who considers the success of DOCTOR WHO  a contributing factor to "the greater good of the BBC," or is she the hatchet-man sent in to do corporate dirty work?

I would suggest a petition, but little good that approach did Jeremy Clarkson. The BBC seems to be a monolith that exists without the need to take fans' opinions into consideration.

If you live in the UK and are familiar with BBC procedures, (or if you just want to vent) please share your views.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9504
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: No Full 2016 Season-Time to worry?   Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:27 pm

Doctor Who is the BBC's biggest and hottest property.  I don't think it is going anywhere soon.  My guess, this is because they want the show back on in the spring, and there will not be new episodes ready this years spring.  The 10th season is still being written.

I am actually more annoyed then concerned.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
squishy

Number of posts : 2144
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: No Full 2016 Season-Time to worry?   Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:43 pm

And there is a new producer for the 11th Series.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 1815
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: No Full 2016 Season-Time to worry?   Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:52 am

“I have decided to schedule Steven’s big finale series in Spring 2017 to bring the nation together for what will be a huge event on the channel,” BBC One Controller said in a statement. “2016 is spoilt with national moments including the Euros and Olympics and I want to hold something big back for 2017 — I promise it will be worth the wait!”
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/

No Full 2016 Season-Time to worry?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: