Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store

Share | 

S9E13: The Husbands of River Song (SPOILERS) | Christmas2015

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Rate S9E13: The Husbands of River Song
AWESOME!
45%
 45% [ 10 ]
Good!
36%
 36% [ 8 ]
Okay...
14%
 14% [ 3 ]
Bad!
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
AWFUL!
5%
 5% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 22

AuthorMessage
Scary

Number of posts : 7476
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: S9E13: The Husbands of River Song (SPOILERS) | Christmas2015   Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:24 pm

Yes.

It's actually called that.

Neutral

Last edited by Scary on Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brain of Davros

Number of posts : 1041
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: S9E13: The Husbands of River Song (SPOILERS) | Christmas2015   Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:33 am

Sounds like a reality show
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brain of Davros

PostSubject: Re: S9E13: The Husbands of River Song (SPOILERS) | Christmas2015   Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:09 am

I'll bet River was married to Clara once too and they have to go get a divorce from Davros so the Timelords can guitars at the reception of River and Missy.

Moffat sux
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Just Scott

Number of posts : 1234
Registration date : 2012-01-11

PostSubject: Re: S9E13: The Husbands of River Song (SPOILERS) | Christmas2015   Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:18 pm

Absolutely terrible!

A stinky end to a poor season!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scary

Number of posts : 7476
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: S9E13: The Husbands of River Song (SPOILERS) | Christmas2015   Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:09 pm

I was expecting very little but I really enjoyed most of it! A Moffat Christmas special that actually worked for a change, IMO! I thought the silliness was done well and within good moderation. I loved the story and was glad to see River get a happy ending. I understand, however, why those who have never really liked River wouldn't really enjoy this episode.

All in all though, great episode I thought! I enjoyed seeing the Doctor take on a different kind or role in this episode, and a new dynamic to River! Very Happy

Merry Christmas everyone!! cheers santa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9511
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: S9E13: The Husbands of River Song (SPOILERS) | Christmas2015   Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:24 pm

I really enjoyed it. The story with the king robot was just a silly adventure, but the story with River and the Doctor was great. I let out a bit of a gasp when he gave the sonic!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
squishy

Number of posts : 2155
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: S9E13: The Husbands of River Song (SPOILERS) | Christmas2015   Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:44 am

A bit silly, even more River which I can't say is my favorite, but it still worked fine as a story and we finally got the sonic hand-off that so many fans need to explicitly see. Suppose I was hoping for more from Matt Lucas to lighten the mood. If River really was so murderously naughty then it seems odd for the Doctor to still have any warmth for her.

But it was fine and hopefully (like Rose) the second or third farewell is final.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Captain Ironmac

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2009-08-10

PostSubject: Re: S9E13: The Husbands of River Song (SPOILERS) | Christmas2015   Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:21 pm

loved the episode 10/10
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: S9E13: The Husbands of River Song (SPOILERS) | Christmas2015   Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:06 pm

BEST EPISODE OF THE YEAR!
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
Ted47

Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2012-02-02

PostSubject: Re: S9E13: The Husbands of River Song (SPOILERS) | Christmas2015   Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:42 pm

I liked it. I was glad that it was a comedy this year. Last years was dreadfully morbid.
Especially on X-Mas day. This was a much better change of pace. Something light
for the Holidays.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: S9E13: The Husbands of River Song (SPOILERS) | Christmas2015   Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:37 pm

Attention CO & UT: I desire a sonic trowel!
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
What? What?

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2014-07-01

PostSubject: Re: S9E13: The Husbands of River Song (SPOILERS) | Christmas2015   Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:16 pm

LOL

Do you like anything Just Scott. I've read 4 reviews and you hated every one. Not judging you but you have to find some kind of enjoyment in the show or why keep watching it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Just Scott

Number of posts : 1234
Registration date : 2012-01-11

PostSubject: Re: S9E13: The Husbands of River Song (SPOILERS) | Christmas2015   Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:36 pm

What? What? wrote:
LOL

Do you like anything Just Scott. I've read 4 reviews and you hated every one. Not judging you but you have to find some kind of enjoyment in the show or why keep watching it.

Some episodes have been good. However, IMO, the majority have been crap - bordering on truly crap!

I appreciate that my opinions are not to everyone's tastes. Do I care? Absolutely not! I firmly believe that Who is getting worse and has done since Mr Moffat took hold of the reigns.

The sad thing is, that Capaldi is a formidable Actor. I watch in the belief that he will, some day, receive the writing that his talent deserves.

Until then, there is always room for.......

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rogue

Number of posts : 898
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: S9E13: The Husbands of River Song (SPOILERS) | Christmas2015   Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:03 am

I am also eager to see Moffat depart. I think the show needs new blood, but we need good blood! I also love Capaldi as the Doctor and hope (heh) he gets better stories. I liked parts of this series, and overall liked it much more than last series.

This story was pretty good fun. A decent farewell to River, and it was great to see her thinking that 12 was not the Doctor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
What? What?

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2014-07-01

PostSubject: Re: S9E13: The Husbands of River Song (SPOILERS) | Christmas2015   Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:29 pm

Just Scott wrote:
What? What? wrote:
LOL

Some episodes have been good. However, IMO, the majority have been crap - bordering on truly crap!

I appreciate that my opinions are not to everyone's tastes. Do I care? Absolutely not! I firmly believe that Who is getting worse and has done since Mr Moffat took hold of the reigns.

The sad thing is, that Capaldi is a formidable Actor. I watch in the belief that he will, some day, receive the writing that his talent deserves.

Until then, there is always room for.......

Fair enough. Hopefully the show will come back to more of your liking in the future.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
timewarrior

Number of posts : 3948
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: S9E13: The Husbands of River Song (SPOILERS) | Christmas2015   Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:32 am

thought it was good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brain of Davros

PostSubject: Re: S9E13: The Husbands of River Song (SPOILERS) | Christmas2015   Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:46 am

I actually voted good,I liked it as a nice little Doctor and River story to get the darn taste of Clara out of our heads.
Other than the Robot King it was a fun adventure without being overly camp.

I also agree that the show is in free fall and Moffat needs off Who pronto.

And btw Last Christmas santa was one of the best Capaldi stories Moffat has written.Not saying much I guess.
It's better than the Christmas Carol one and the Witch and Wardrobe story.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brain of Davros

PostSubject: Re: S9E13: The Husbands of River Song (SPOILERS) | Christmas2015   Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:50 am

Also was the Doctor alluding to the fact that he will be dying soon due to being past his 12th regeneration?

I thought he was the first of the reset regeneration cycle(which I hate) but if they want to erase that fact I'm all for it and bring on the Valeyard.

Moffat just makes up his own rules,not cool.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: S9E13: The Husbands of River Song (SPOILERS) | Christmas2015   Today at 10:42 am

Back to top Go down

S9E13: The Husbands of River Song (SPOILERS) | Christmas2015
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Episode Discussion-
Jump to: