Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store

Share | 

Just for fun: Character 3.75 Mixed in with DAPOL

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Iron-Cow

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Just for fun: Character 3.75 Mixed in with DAPOL   Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:02 pm

Just for kicks I wanted to see how the new 3.75" Doctor Who figures would look mixed in with the old DAPOL brand Doctor Who figures on the late 80's. Not bad, actually! Not perfect, but certainly not bad either.

Amy Pond is probably the best fit (first row, far right), but the 10th and 12th Doctors work okay (especially since you consider how ridiculously out of scale the 3rd Doctor is).

I'm not going to be collecting much of the modern 3.75" stuff, but I'll definitely pick up any of the other Doctors they make to help fill out the vintage shelf a bit here and there. I actually really like the Dapol line, even with the crude sculpts. I see a certain charm in them now that I didn't notice back in the day.

(and yes, aside from cleaning up the edges a bit, this background effect was actually all done in-camera. Can't believe I got so obsessed making this pic)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ironcowprod.com
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 5982
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Just for fun: Character 3.75 Mixed in with DAPOL   Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:07 pm

Nice pic!  Smile   Its kinda fun!

(...and I love the "charm" of my old Dapols, too...)

...and I moved this to a section where the thread won't drop off...  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9510
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Just for fun: Character 3.75 Mixed in with DAPOL   Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:52 pm

Awesome picture! Of course Pertwee is bigger, how else do you capture his awesome-nous!!??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just for fun: Character 3.75 Mixed in with DAPOL   Today at 3:49 pm

Back to top Go down

Just for fun: Character 3.75 Mixed in with DAPOL
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Product Discussion :: Product Reviews & Photos-
Jump to: