Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 

3.75 Time Controller and Eternity Circle Daleks

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ice Worrier II

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2014-12-20

PostSubject: Re: 3.75 Time Controller and Eternity Circle Daleks   Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:56 pm

OK I bit the bullet over the weekend and decided to measure and cut the external Neck rings
a quick reminder of what I was trying to accomplish.

And here is the Test fit of what I have achieved so far.

The base needs to be painted Black and the extra neck ring will be panelled over, a few places will need touching up where I have gone over the lines as it were.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9510
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: 3.75 Time Controller and Eternity Circle Daleks   Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:15 pm

Outstanding!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ice Worrier II

PostSubject: Re: 3.75 Time Controller and Eternity Circle Daleks   Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:43 pm

I also cut the rings for the 3.75 version as well.

Also removed the top half of his gun box and selected a donor for the extra neck ring section.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ice Worrier II

PostSubject: Re: 3.75 Time Controller and Eternity Circle Daleks   Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:56 pm

Was not happy with the neck mesh colour so decided to darken it, I have not done the lowest section as this is the part that will be panelled off.

Sadly I need to tell you that I need to repaint another body as due to a mix up of the paints I have right royally mucked up the left hand section of the body.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
amagon

Number of posts : 2730
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: 3.75 Time Controller and Eternity Circle Daleks   Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:36 pm

Can't you just use some paint remover with a cotton swab to save it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ice Worrier II

PostSubject: Re: 3.75 Time Controller and Eternity Circle Daleks   Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:13 pm

amagon wrote:

Acid would probably be better, I've got a body on stand bye just need another spray paint.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
amagon

PostSubject: Re: 3.75 Time Controller and Eternity Circle Daleks   Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:54 pm

Ice Worrier II wrote:
amagon wrote:

Acid would probably be better, I've got a body on stand bye just need another spray paint.

Shocked

Nail polish remover. Don't need you to loose any fingers!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thebreen

Number of posts : 797
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: 3.75 Time Controller and Eternity Circle Daleks   Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:11 pm

This is coming a long very nicely IceWorrier! I'd love to know the measurements of the external neck-ring discs you created.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ice Worrier II

PostSubject: Re: 3.75 Time Controller and Eternity Circle Daleks   Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:11 pm

Inner circle diameter is 50.4 mm or 1.98 Inches
Outer circle diameter is 62 mm or 2.44 Inches

obviously had to set Compass Cutter to half measurements to get the right sizes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thebreen

Number of posts : 797
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: 3.75 Time Controller and Eternity Circle Daleks   Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:49 pm

Ice Worrier II wrote:
Inner circle diameter is 50.4 mm or 1.98 Inches
Outer circle diameter is 62 mm or 2.44 Inches

obviously had to set Compass Cutter to half measurements to get the right sizes.

Thanks very much!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ice Worrier II

PostSubject: Re: 3.75 Time Controller and Eternity Circle Daleks   Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:48 pm

Seems (Thankfully) I over dramatized the ruined paint job, the side I had decided to re spray looked as if it was darker than the other side but as is the norm with Metallic effect paints its shade can be deceptive, so I repainted the hemi's and the waist band.

In the background both sets of external rings are drying after their first coat and the 3.75 his extra neck ring is also drying after its second coat.
The 5 Inch extra neck section has been painted and the panelling glued on to conceal the extra extra neck ring, this is the first coat for the panel, I know it isn't looking pretty but a couple more coats will sort that out.

In 2 minds about making a Hoverbout for the 3.75 guy but I don't know this story so may just leave it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ice Worrier II

PostSubject: Re: 3.75 Time Controller and Eternity Circle Daleks   Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:41 am

Not happy with the shading on the potted paint, I am shopping today so a can of metallic blue has gone on the list.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ice Worrier II

PostSubject: Re: 3.75 Time Controller and Eternity Circle Daleks   Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:04 pm

OK metallic Blue is not available till Friday, upwards and onwards, 3.75 has had his extra neck ring fitted, will need to filler the gap and then sand it down and then paint it metallic Blue like the rest of the body work.

luckily 3.75 has been hand painted from a pot of metallic blue so I do not have to wait until Friday to finish him off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CGren123

Number of posts : 2363
Registration date : 2009-12-23

PostSubject: Re: 3.75 Time Controller and Eternity Circle Daleks   Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:53 am

Looks good so far! I can't wait to see them finished! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ice Worrier II

PostSubject: Re: 3.75 Time Controller and Eternity Circle Daleks   Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:59 pm

Napoleon called us a nation of shopkeepers....he wouldn't have said it if he had met the bloke in my local model shop.... Mad
He has not even ordered the paint I need spouting..there's not much call for that colour.

So the Time controller has now been re sprayed in a slightly lighter Blue and his Slats, Waist Band &  Hemi's are in metallic silver. So whilst that is drying I have been doing the measurements for the "Temporal Weapons Dalek".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9510
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: 3.75 Time Controller and Eternity Circle Daleks   Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:39 pm

And it is hard to order paint online because of shipping issues!!

So, you used a compass to cut the circles? I need to cut a bunch of uniform circles ( or round things) in some plastic for a wall.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ice Worrier II

PostSubject: Re: 3.75 Time Controller and Eternity Circle Daleks   Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:28 pm

Ronpur wrote:
And it is hard to order paint online because of shipping issues!!

So, you used a compass to cut the circles?    I need to cut a bunch of uniform circles ( or round things) in some plastic for a wall.

Yes I could get the paint from online but the postage usually costs more than the paint, so I try to stay away from this option, Paint by its nature is normally sent by courier hence the higher postage.

These are my Circular cutting tools.

The Blue and Yellow item is the actual cutting compass, the calliper I use to measure the circle or if the circles are smaller I have the Stencil (Green plastic)
There are other cutting devices out there, it all depends what thickness material you are using.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ice Worrier II

PostSubject: Re: 3.75 Time Controller and Eternity Circle Daleks   Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:36 pm

Have caught up with the painting, eventually went with "French Blue" as I have seen on Deviantart a lighter Blue Time Controller.

On the far left is the 3.75 Version still getting its Silver bits painted...
the piece on the right is the extra neck ring, I've given it 1 coat and will trim it down to the correct size then give it a second coat before completion...hopefully this time tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ice Worrier II

PostSubject: Re: 3.75 Time Controller and Eternity Circle Daleks   Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:30 pm

Well its 24 Hours late but here it is.

Have learnt a few lessons whilst doing this project, A/ Get all the parts together before assembly and spray/airbrush them all together that way you will not get the problem that haunted me throughout this project ie different shades of the same colour (That really Wee'd me off)
With the extra Neck rings next time I will have 1 Ring complete and cut the other in half and glue on separately. I have seen a controller with 2 extra Neck rings & Mesh so that removes the necessity of a plate between the Neck mesh and Gun Box.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
amagon

PostSubject: Re: 3.75 Time Controller and Eternity Circle Daleks   Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:54 pm

What a Face
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ice Worrier II

PostSubject: Re: 3.75 Time Controller and Eternity Circle Daleks   Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:06 pm

Here is the 5 Ring Version,

As you can see with this version there is no need for a plate and also the neck rings are silver/grey so colour match is not the same as on the 4 ring version.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TOMFAN

Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2014-02-25

PostSubject: Re: 3.75 Time Controller and Eternity Circle Daleks   Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:02 pm

Ice Worrier II wrote:
Well its 24 Hours late but here it is.

Have learnt a few lessons whilst doing this project, A/ Get all the parts together before assembly and spray/airbrush them all together that way you will not get the problem that haunted me throughout this project ie different shades of the same colour (That really Wee'd me off)
With the extra Neck rings next time I will have 1 Ring complete and cut the other in half and glue on separately. I have seen a controller with 2 extra Neck rings & Mesh so that removes the necessity of a plate between the Neck mesh and Gun Box.

He looks fab!

I've always loved that colour scheme, ever since the old Madam Tussauds Dalek appeared on the back of the Radio Times!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Gene Lantern

Number of posts : 1001
Registration date : 2013-07-03

PostSubject: Re: 3.75 Time Controller and Eternity Circle Daleks   Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:18 pm

LOVE IT! That's a figure I would buy in an instant if CO made it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.scifijapan.com/forum/index.php

3.75 Time Controller and Eternity Circle Daleks
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Projects, Modifications, and Fan Creations :: Models and Modifications-
Jump to: