Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inThe Who North America Online Store
Share | 

Star Trek: The Fairest of Them All

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Who North America

Number of posts : 5691
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Star Trek: The Fairest of Them All   Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:23 pm

Okay, this Star Trek Continues episode is fantastic. Truly amazing:

Seriously, if you like classic Trek and have not seen this, you absolutely MUST.

Would love to hear your opinions!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://whona.realtvboard.com
squishy

Number of posts : 2144
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: The Fairest of Them All   Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:23 pm

I watched it last Friday night! Actually saw all three of their episodes the past week. They seem to do a fairly good job of making "star trek" stories and not just getting a group of fans to wrestle in a gravel pit and then add lots of CGI starships.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9504
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: The Fairest of Them All   Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:21 am

I actually just watch the first two episodes of Star Trek Continues. While I enjoyed the Apollo episode and seeing Michael Forest still nailing the role, I was blown away by "Lolani." To take what I thought would be another hot Orion Slave Girl story and turn it into such a huge morality struggle for the crew was a great piece of story telling. I can't wait to keep watching them and get to this episode.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thun

Number of posts : 1225
Registration date : 2007-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: The Fairest of Them All   Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:27 am

I discovered Star Trek Continues not long ago. It is truly incredible!! They have got the camera setups, the lighting, everything down perfect as it was staged in the original series. But more than that, the writing and the acting is phenomenal. This goes way beyond being a "fan film" and I would have no problem putting these original three episodes with the real thing. "Fairest of Them All" is definitely my favorite of the three.

There is a fourth episode on the way, the guest star is supposed to be none other than Colin Baker!!! bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9504
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: The Fairest of Them All   Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:13 pm

OK, I just finished watching "Fairest of the All" and I must say I am very disappointed.

Disappointed that there isn't another awesome episode of this series ready yet!! This is great stuff. I can't wait to see what they do next! I have been following Star Trek:Phase II but this is so much better. I really enjoy it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
squishy

Number of posts : 2144
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: The Fairest of Them All   Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:24 pm

Thun wrote:

There is a fourth episode on the way, the guest star is supposed to be none other than Colin Baker!!!  bounce bounce bounce
I'm not getting too excited as they seem to shoot everything in Georgia and I'm not sure how much time Mr. Baker has to do freebie work down there.  Will it be much like getting Michael Dorn or Marina Sirtis to do a brief bit of "computer voice"?  That's about where my expectation is at with Colin Baker.  Even the Hulk was actually limited to just 3 scenes at the end of his episode.  If they're able to shoot a few scenes with Colin it still may be little more than him showing up on a monitor in the briefing room that they can shoot in his living room with a green screen.  Colin is still a busy actor with his stage work and occasional TV appearance.  
Setting expectations fairly low so I can be thrilled when he shows up as a proper guest star.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thun

Number of posts : 1225
Registration date : 2007-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: The Fairest of Them All   Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:30 am

In the end, the celebrity guest stars are only as important as they are to the story, and that's what makes these episodes so good is the writing is as good as any professional production (better than some, certainly better than the Abrams Abominations) and the performances are very strong. I believe Roddenberry himself would give these guys a thumbs up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brain of Davros

Number of posts : 1040
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: The Fairest of Them All   Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:17 am

I agree these guys are genius and as close to the originals as we could ever hope for.There are just so many possibilities with these episodes.

My only negative so far is the pseudo ship's counselor that seems shoe horned into each great episode.

Other than that I love everything else,especially Doohan's son playing young Scottie.

I'd pay $$$ to have John Delancie guest star as Q having a war against Trelane aboard the Enterprise.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Star Trek: The Fairest of Them All
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Life, the Universe and Everything :: Sci Fi Discussion-
Jump to: